Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Smok Scar RDA
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
Smok Scar RDA
not so much of a review as my thoughts so far...

I bought a Smok Scar RDA a few days back from UK eCig Store

[Image: 1_07_11_13_1_11_18.jpeg]

I have to say, even though it came pre-wicked and coiled with Very bad coils Big Grin I thought "what the hell" and went ahead and loaded it up with some juice.

I've been Vaping this thing solid for 2 days and just can't put it down! Forget the Protank, this thing is in a different league (for me anyhow)

Can't wait to rewick it and throw in some new DIY coils, I may even go to a single coil as that's what a mate of mine has done and he says it works equally as good without the cell hammering Tongue

Anyhow... 10 out of 10 without a shadow of a doubt.. awesome piece of kit, especially for under a Tenner!

** update time ** The score is now a lowly 5 out of 10 due to ongoing recurring problems with this unit that were not apparent when I started using it.

Center pin.. after a while the center pin begins to push back into the unit when you tighten it onto your Mod which means everytime you take a vape, the resistance is all over the place.. 1.4, 2.0, 2.7, 1.6 etc etc ad nauseum.

The coil post connector screws!! well these are pathetic.. after what started good ended bad with Dual coil setups intermittently turning into a single coil setup!! so of course you're running a dual coil 1.5 ohm setup then one of the coils decides to go completely open circuit leaving a 3 ohm coil running at 12 watts! you can imagine the horrendous Vape that gives! LOL

Doesn't matter what I do, the connector screws either come loose of fail to make connection to the coils intermittently and you have to use the hole in the post on the negative otherwise the coil sits too high. I might continue to investigate this but as it stands right now it's in the box and it's going to stay there for some time.
02-10-2013 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
Galaxyrider (07-17-2014)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
RE: Smok Scar RDA
ok. I'm going to have to buy one......I read a few bum reviews after you mentioned it but I'm more prepared to trust a mate. Do you use it with the vamo? and hows the capacity?

I'm still liking the ce4's because I'm still chopping and changing fluids to suit my moods, the ce4's are great for that but I'd like to try a proper set up.
02-10-2013 07:30 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

I think a lot of the bum reviews are likely because the draw is a little tighter than your run of the mill RDA but if like me, you like a marginally tighter draw than a CE4 for example, then you'll find it comfortable.

The inner hole is slightly larger than the outer so there is a margin of adjust-ability there is you need it. I prefer a slightly tighter draw myself. I find the CE4's a little bit 'too' airy...

Another difference from your common RDA is that due to the lack of room in the reservoir (it does actually have one) it's a bit difficult to position the wicking materiel to utilise the reservoir as effectively as many will be used to. For this reason, a larger 'nest' of wicking is beneficial in order to 'carry' the juice. Again, for me this is not a downfall at all, and it also helps to relieve the potential of juice in the air-feed holes.

I do hit it fairly hard at times, 3-4 drops gives me 20-30 mins of casual Vaping - half that if you're hammering it Smile ...... of course that means for gords, double the juice and half that time again Tongue That's with a dual coil running a total of 1.6 ohms @ 7.0 watts

Priming the initial dry 'Standard' wicks takes approx 40-50 drops so it comes with a respectable wick storage.

One quick point worth mentioning is that it comes 'Without' a Drip-Tip so you'll have to pick one of those up separately. Any standard 510 Drip-Tip works fine with this RDA
02-10-2013 11:01 PM
gords1001 Offline

three to four drops? what the smeg am I supposed to do with that?
03-10-2013 06:27 AM
gords1001 Offline

ok, after some discussions with my brother, who it turns out is also into vaping now, I'm thinking I may have to get an rda, the toss up is between this smok scar and this

http://www.stealthvape.co.uk/yes-another...g-atomizer

thoughts? I ordered an rta fron stealthvapes laet night and got a text at half two telling me my order has been dispatched, I can live with service like that for three quid.
07-10-2013 08:27 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

I have to admit that YADA looks nice. I'd have to give it a go Smile
10-10-2013 12:19 AM
gords1001 Offline

I've got a dripper coming through planet of the vapes market place, not impressed with the service, no confirmations as of yet, stealthvapes would have had it here by now it seems.

also be wary, you pay an undisclosed fee to the planet of the vapes admin, it was only £1.10 but thats ten percent...... buyer beware
10-10-2013 08:09 PM
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
Can you post a detailed description on how these operate?

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
11-10-2013 02:56 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Go for the YADA.. unfortunately the Scar has turned to crap! problems don't show for a while but when they start it's nothing but grief!

OP updated
12-10-2013 03:24 AM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Not good to hear, Spas.  Mine will probably show up in a week or two if I'm lucky.  I hope yours is a fluke.  At least I have a couple of Nimbus attys on the way as do you (one at least) and I know those are top notch.  Looking forward to the Nimbus more than the Scar now.  Bummer. Sad
12-10-2013 05:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply