Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Since Im new to vaping...
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
Since Im new to vaping...
There are so many things that I dont know about. some of what seems to be the biggest are variable voltage units, and mechanicals. Can someone PLEASE.. explain this all to me, and what will I need to make it thru the FDAs display of the American governments attempt to get their hands on yet more of our money and to take yet another of our pleasures.
I have no real desire to have something I have to work on all the time, I have 2 EVODs now, but I know they aren't going to be sufficient. Double tanks? Variable voltage, and amperage, wattage, its just more than I can wrap my mind around. I want badly to learn to make my own juices, but I will need good (hopefully inexpensive) power units and tanks as well. Any help would be very welcome.

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
13-05-2014 01:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Galaxyrider's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-01-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,003
RE: Since Im new to vaping...
Hi Phoenix,

Ultimately I think you'll need to investigate Mechanicals and Rebuildables for the best quality Vape and Longevity. You sound worried about the learning curve but it's really nowhere near as difficult as it may seem right now.

We're always willing to help you out, and the great thing is that a decent coil on a rebuildable will actually be a lot less maintenance than clearomizers and last a lot longer.

Not only that, it's a hell of a lot of fun and you get to develop some great friendships and a lot of pride in yourself and others along the way Good
13-05-2014 10:09 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Spasmod's post:
TinWhisker (06-03-2019), vapejuiceuk (06-01-2016)
Gomtu Offline

Likes Given: 2
RE: Since Im new to vaping...
Before venturing into mechanicals I'd urge you to do your homework, become familiar with Ohm's law, and have the means to check the resistance of your build on your atty. If you get into mechs you will end up with a rebuildable atomizer (RBA). You may opt for a genesis RBA or a dripper (RDA), or something like a Kayfun style atty, but in any case you will be making your own coils and that requires the ability to check the resistance (ohms) of your coil.

It also requires the use of the right batteries, high drain AW IMR batteries to be specific. All of this means having a good charger, wicking material, kanthal in whatever gauge you settle on, and investing the time in learning how to build your atty right to get the most out of it.

I would advise against putting a Protank on a mech, or a carto tank, or any of those things. I did that when I got my first mech, and I burnt through Kanger 1.8 ohm coils pretty quick. If you go with a mech you are pretty much headed for an RBA.
(This post was last modified: 16-05-2014 10:20 PM by Gomtu.)
16-05-2014 10:19 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Gomtu's post:
Spasmod (05-17-2014), TinWhisker (06-03-2019), vapejuiceuk (06-01-2016)