Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Similar to Pink Punch Lemonade?
Zeroplanetz Offline

Likes Given: 18
Similar to Pink Punch Lemonade?
Hello everyone! So I have found that I really like the Lemon Twist Pink Punch Lemonade but It kills my coils fast. Like 2 or 3 days max using a Falcon with a M1 or M2 coil. It gives great flavor till it doesn't anymore. That's the only bad thing I have found with this juice. Id like to use it as my ADV cause it works for me flavor wise. Is there any other pink lemonades that may be similar or better in your experience that wont kill my coils so fast? My wife has Big Bottle Company Pink Lemonade but I don't like that one as much. ITs a little to mute for me. Thanks all in advance for your input!

Zeroplanetz
20-07-2018 02:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 23,488
RE: Similar to Pink Punch Lemonade?
I don't know any vendor versions to recommend, but I can say that your coils are being killed because they are most certainly adding sweetener (like Sucralose) to get that hyper sweetness. Try to find one that does not use any if you can.
20-07-2018 02:34 PM
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,032
Any sweetened juice is going to be a coil killer I'm afraid.

The best way out of this is to make your own coils in an atomiser suited to you then you will just have to rewick it every few days with about 0.001cent's worth of cotton.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
20-07-2018 02:36 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
Chuck-Drl (07-20-2018)
Zeroplanetz Offline

(20-07-2018 02:34 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  I don't know any vendor versions to recommend, but I can say that your coils are being killed because they are most certainly adding sweetener (like Sucralose) to get that hyper sweetness. Try to find one that does not use any if you can.
I will be checking that out then. thank you. I was using Sticky buns by Vapor Maid and that one is super sweet to me which is why I've not gotten another bottle of it, but lasts way longer. 
20-07-2018 02:42 PM
Zeroplanetz Offline

(20-07-2018 02:36 PM)Don Wrote:  Any sweetened juice is going to be a coil killer I'm afraid.

The best way out of this is to make your own coils in an atomiser suited to you then you will just have to rewick it every few days with about 0.001cent's worth of cotton.
Well I was thinking of getting the Geek Vape Zeus Dual tank to go with my Aegis Legendary. Would that one suit me much better than sub ohm coil use? What cotton do you recommend ordering?
20-07-2018 02:45 PM
Don Offline
Senior Staff

Since you can make your own coils for it, it'll do just fine. I'm not familiar with that tank but it seems to me to be OK.

It seems fiddly at first but can become second nature. The coils should last for months, the wicks weeks unless using heavily sweetened juices or NET (tobacco extract) juices which tend to be hard on your wicks.

It usually only takes about a minute to swap out a wick though depending on design it can be a messy job.

20-07-2018 02:51 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Don's post:
Chuck-Drl (07-20-2018), Robjenko (07-20-2018)
Zeroplanetz Offline

(20-07-2018 02:51 PM)Don Wrote:  Since you can make your own coils for it, it'll do just fine. I'm not familiar with that tank but it seems to me to be OK.

It seems fiddly at first but can become second nature. The coils should last for months, the wicks weeks unless using heavily sweetened juices or NET (tobacco extract) juices which tend to be hard on your wicks.

It usually only takes about a minute to swap out a wick though depending on design it can be a messy job.
alrighty, Whats a good cotton that I should look for? I see Japanese labeling thrown around a bit. Is that a must or does it not matter?
20-07-2018 03:01 PM
Don Offline
Senior Staff

It is a matter of taste. I bought a lifetime's supply of Muji cotton a few years ago. Despite giving away about 2/3 of it I'm not going to run out soon.

I believe that current production isn't as good though.

This stuff (Available globally from Amazon) is good and not at all expensive. It is $7 or thereabouts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TC...UTF8&psc=1

One pack should last you around 5 years minimum. I have and use this stuff as does Fatboy and quite possibly others. I bought it on a recommendation from him.

The flat sheets are a convenient size to handle and it is unbleached which certainly does no harm at all. Any old unbleached cotton wool will actually do but the sheets are easier to handle and conveniently sized.

20-07-2018 03:07 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
TinWhisker (07-20-2018)
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 23,488
In August of 2016 I bought 20 packs of Muji squares similar to the ones Don said, (8, 60mmX50mm standard sized squares per bag $20 for all of it). I re-wick my parallel builds often, like twice a week minimum, plus I re-wick the wife's parallel atty too. I still have 8 full packs left an half of another. So yes, it is cheap and lasts forever. Of course, there is also waste, plus more frequent changes for testing and stuff.
20-07-2018 03:12 PM
Zeroplanetz Offline

(20-07-2018 03:07 PM)Don Wrote:  It is a matter of taste. I bought a lifetime's supply of Muji cotton a few years ago. Despite giving away about 2/3 of it I'm not going to run out soon.

I believe that current production isn't as good though.

This stuff (Available globally from Amazon) is good and not at all expensive. It is $7 or thereabouts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TC...UTF8&psc=1

One pack should last you around 5 years minimum. I have and use this stuff as does Fatboy and quite possibly others. I bought it on a recommendation from him.

The flat sheets are a convenient size to handle and it is unbleached which certainly does no harm at all. Any old unbleached cotton wool will actually do but the sheets are easier to handle and conveniently sized.
Ok Thank you, I will look at ordering these if I do get the ZEUS tank as well. But first round will need to be something that ships quicker for me. 
20-07-2018 03:28 PM