Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shenxi Panzer Mod Question.
quakenvape Offline

Likes Given: 0
Shenxi Panzer Mod Question.
So I bought my first mod last week! Got a [font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Shenxi Panzer Mod. Well I didn't know that at first, but after some research I found exactly which one I got. What exactly does a floating pin do? It's just readjustable for the 510 connection? Is this so you can create a little space for tanks, because mine doesn't seem to allow any airflow when I put it on my Panzer clone. Also, I'm assuming that [font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Shenxi released the new clone with the floating pin, just like the original [font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Panzer fairly recently? I'm thinking of buying a bulk order of them from [font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Shenxi and selling them, but I'm not for sure if the floating pin is worth the extra money. [/font][/font][/font][/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][Image: razgYpw.jpg?1][/font][/font][/font][/font]
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2014 01:19 AM by quakenvape.)
09-11-2014 01:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Shenxi Panzer Mod Question.
That's a pretty mod you've got there! Smile 

I'm not sure about that particular brand, but I have a Panzer clone from Tobeco and I love it. The floating pin is adjustable so you can put your atty on and make it sit flush with the mod, and then adjust the other section of the pin to make solid contact with the battery. It's all about the contacts, not airflow. It's definitely a nice thing to have, though I have mods without the floating pin that work just fine. 

If you're having problems with the airflow on your tank, I'd guess it's just a problem with the tank, not the mod. But I've been wrong before. 
10-11-2014 12:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Spasmod (11-10-2014)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Welcome to the family, Quakenvape! Love that Panzer mod and atty setup you have. I have what appears to be the same copper Panzer as you and I love it. As Michael said, with a floating center pin you first thread on your atomizer than adjust the anode connection where the top of the battery connects to the topcap. Not all atomizers have 510 connections of the same length and without a floating or adjustable center pin in the top cap it can be difficult and often impossible to get the atomizer base to sit flush on the top cap.

Your air flow issues have nothing to do with the floating center pin, at least not with the fact that it floats. I have to assume you are not talking about the RDA in your pic above and are having problem with replaceable bottom coil tankers that breath through their 510 connections. For the bottom coils that pull air in through the center of the 510 connection, you will have a problem with any mod that has a flat topped center pin. For the center pin in the topcap to make connection with the center connector in the 510 post on the atty there is no choice but for the airflow to be blocked by the center pin. There is a way around this and if you like your RBC atomizers enough it might be worth it to you. here is what you should do:

Remove the top cap of your mod and press out the floating center pin. Using a thin file, or a thin cutting wheel on a Dremel, cut a groove into the face of the center pin that will make connection with the center of your atomizers 510 connection. It will look like it has a screwdriver slot cut into it. Put the pin back into the top cap of your mod. This will allow air to flow through the slot cut into the center pin and into the air hole in the center of your 510 connection on the atty. It will still allow for the positive current to flow between the mod and atomizer. This will only help so much though as mechmods and bottom coil atties don't go together as well as ego connections and bottom coilers do.

If you REALLY love your bottom coilers AND your Panzer, Kanger makes an adapter that threads between the two and allows for fully adjustable airflow to the atomizer. I don't have one but I hear they work fantastically.

Let me know if any of this wasn't as clearly written in this post as it was in my head as I typed it. Wink

Johnny
10-11-2014 04:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like JohnnyMac's post:
Spasmod (11-10-2014), tuftony352 (08-23-2015)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Johnny, I'm not 18sixfifty, but thanks for the compliment Wink lol you said "as 18sixfifty said..." but he hasn't visited this thread yet. 
10-11-2014 05:52 PM
Spasmod (11-10-2014)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
(10-11-2014 05:52 PM)Michael Wrote:  Johnny, I'm not 18sixfifty, but thanks for the compliment Wink lol you said "as 18sixfifty said..." but he hasn't visited this thread yet. 
ROFL! Oh crap, sorry, man. Wacko2 I must have just been looking at another post and his name came out. Doh!

Edit: Fixed Wink Credit where credit is due, brother! Big Grin
10-11-2014 06:13 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JohnnyMac's post:
Spasmod (11-10-2014)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Haha thanks mate. 18sixfifty is a cool cat, I'm happy someone could confuse me for him Wink
10-11-2014 06:16 PM
Spasmod (11-10-2014)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,544
Giggedy!

Welcome to TVF quakenvape!
10-11-2014 08:19 PM
quakenvape Offline

Likes Given: 0
Thanks guys! Appreciate the replies and warm welcome! My Shenxi Panzer clone doesn't have the floating pin, but Shenxi sells them (Minimum order of 10 units for $19 a piece so I think I'm going to buy 10 more and find somewhere to sell the rest for a little bit of profit. Loving my mod though, also just purchased an AMOD "Wild Wolf" that takes the 26650 battery. Do I do anything different when building the RDA for this mod? I built it the same as my Panzer, but it's not hitting that great. What is the best set up for the 26650 battery and a TOBH atty clone? Also, the center post on that atty twists when I put the screw in. Is the center post able to be tightened? Sorry, I'm at work and don't have it in front of me atm. 

Current RDA coil set up is dual coil 24 gauge wrapped 6 times.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 10:34 PM by quakenvape.)
11-11-2014 10:31 PM