Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SUPER SWEET e-juice
Tobaccoblender Offline

Likes Given: 4
RE: Antifreeze
(25-03-2018 04:49 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  What you will soon find if you continue on with vaping forums is a LOT of misleading anti-vaping propaganda. You will soon understand why the vaping community is defensive and on guard; it is with good reason. You will also soon see why your statement mentioning antifreeze, in any context, is an immediate red flag for anyone who has researched vaping and has seen the copious amounts of flat out lies put out by anti-vaping zealots.

Please do not refer to that in the future.
No problem, and thank you for the heads up.
25-03-2018 04:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Tobaccoblender Offline

Likes Given: 4
(25-03-2018 04:20 PM)ecignut Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 04:16 PM)Smiling Ogre Wrote:  The unflavored base, or solvent, or carrier, if you like is Propylene  Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin.  This is a touchy point to some vapors as many moons ago the "anti's" ran around yapping that vapors smoked antifreeze.  Ya, they were dumber that a box-a-rocks but even the media picked up on it.  But than that's just another box-a-rocks.
Yes - and I think this is an ''anti'' as well.
I am certainly not an anti. 
25-03-2018 05:17 PM
Cutlass92 Offline

Likes Given: 47
While I understand the issue with the title of the thread, I think a possible thread title change may be in every ones interest, I don’t believe it was created maliciously more out of a lack of knowledge of past media hype.
25-03-2018 05:48 PM
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,034
RE: SUPER SWEET e-juice
There is a huge difference between monopropylene glycol and diethylene glycol which is the usual antifreeze used in cars. Diethylene glycol is very sweet, much sweeter than PG and toxic. Many dogs have died from drinking the stuff. And the odd child.

However, other substances used as antifreeze include sugar, salt, and just about any other ionic compound. I just dumped a pound of salt down a toilet bowl as antifreeze this morning (As it'll get seriously cold there this week and trust me, you really don't want to empty the trap of a toilet in a septic tank system.)

VG is also very sweet (unpleasantly so IMO) when tasted. But less so when inhaled.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
25-03-2018 07:55 PM