Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Review - IPV 5
paulS Offline
Toodle Club Billet Box Squonk Boy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,004
Review - IPV 5
Okay. The mod is not the best looking mod on the block. I have Pioneer4U mods are all pretty darn good nad this is no exception. So what do you have? Well it is a 200 watt TC box supporting nickel, titanium and stainless stell. The USB port is ONLY for upgrades ( waiting to see if there will be some winners). Now when I got it I though it was a bit heavy for zinc or aluminium. Well it is stainless steel cerakoted black (mine is anyway). And the coating seems pretty good. I am not careful with my mods and it is holding up nicely. 

So this is a dual 18650 and the battery life is pretty darn good. I have to say some of my other IPVs - D@ and D# - had rather average battery life. You can feel this is a high end device just by the feel of it. Battery door is very nice. It will not tear up your batteries - that is nice. And it looks very clean as well. Now the screen is bright and clear but it does stay lit forever (a little harder on the batteries). You also have profile preferences you can set up  - this seems the trend these days. Especially any YIHI chipset. The menu set up is identical to my Sigelei 150TC - 5 clicks to enter and then very intuitive. Let me say this again - upgradeable YIHI SX330-200 chip. This is the best chip yet from P4U. Now I'm a sub ohm vaper. I can go down to .15 in power mode. However if you like TC this is the mod for you. You can go 120 joules bro and use any type of coil you like.

Now why is YIHI so good. Why do I like it evn better than Evolve? The chip responds intantaneously. Never a lag. I used a SS coil on the little beast. Vaped ayt 120 joules and 460 F. Wow. And I don't like TC all that much, lol. On this mod I use when I'm not using my RDAs. Which are fantastic on this mod. I have the Doge X2, the Troll, the Velocity mini and more on it. Never a misfire. 

So it is cheap enough - it vapes fantastic - it has one of the best TC around. It is solidly built for sure. Now some of the IPVs had a small glitch. You could not adjust the wattage properly. There is a fix that takes 2 minutes and is permanent. Go into TC TI. Set for 120 joules. Go back to power mode. Fixed. The newer IPV5s do not have the glitch. Meh - was not a deal breaker at all. Now  - I got mine for review from

The Vaperstore - Toronto - Yonge and Davenport. Big shout out to Nick and Tyler. But hey they are readily available all over. 

Hope you enjoyed the review. Next up the Stout - when I get a chance.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
(This post was last modified: 18-03-2016 09:40 PM by paulS.)
18-03-2016 03:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
Michael (03-18-2016)