Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recipe Ideas?
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Recipe Ideas?
Hey guys, I'm starting into DIY flavors and I want to use as many basic flavors as possible to mix, so I have more freedom than using someone else's premade flavors. For example, instead of buying an apple pie flavor and just mixing it with VG, what I'd rather do is get an apple, graham cracker, cinnamon, and cream flavors and mix them together in the ratios I like. I think this would allow me to make more flavors, and they could be more customized. So here's my question: do you guys have any good recipes you'd like to share, and can you help me out with a couple ideas I've had?

I'd really like to make an apple pie flavor, as well as a good custard. One of my friends really wants me to make her a butterscotch pudding, and I'm also thinking about making a pina colada juice. Do any of you guys have recipes for these, or any suggestions for how to make these or other juices that are your favorites that you don't mind sharing? 

Thanks in advance. I'm sure finding pre-made flavors that I like would be much easier, but for me DIYing is about having the freedom to mix and match however I like, not just mixing a flavor concentrate with VG and calling it DIY. 
17-10-2014 10:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,932
RE: Recipe Ideas?
Cinnamon - usually use at less than 5%

I've always hated butterscotch so don't ask me.

do a Google on flavour recipes - you'll find hundreds of hits.

Find someone whose tastes seem to mesh with yours then follow their recipes. 

There are thousands of recipes out there. Probably most of them won't work for you though. But pretty much all of them that don't involve bacon or chilli work for someone out there. If they do involve bacon or chilli - avoid that guy forever...

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
17-10-2014 10:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Don's post:
Ribena Man (10-22-2014), Spasmod (10-18-2014)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

I've seen bacon juices... It makes me want to throw up just thinking about that. Seriously, what idiot thought that was a good idea? Probably someone who French inhales all the time. "Dude, if we made bacon juice, it would smell like bacon all the TIME!!!" 

For real though, that's the dumbest idea ever. 

I'll check and see what the all-knowing Googles knows about ejuice recipes. I'm not a huge butterscotch fan myself, but she's the one letting me use her kitchen as my laboratory so I gotta make her something. I'm gonna try to make a version of the custard recipe I've seen on here, though I can't get the same brands in the USA as you guys get in UK. Perhaps if I visit the UK, I'll bring some ejuice flavors back with me. lol
17-10-2014 10:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Spasmod (10-18-2014)
Ribena Man Offline

Likes Given: 23
Have a look in my random recipes thread in the recipe section, there is a recipe for nessie's custard by D'mont Vape which has proven really popular and doesn't need as much steeping 
22-10-2014 11:12 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ribena Man's post:
Spasmod (10-24-2014)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Thanks mate, I'll try some of those out Smile 
23-10-2014 06:32 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Spasmod (10-24-2014)
kodachrome Offline

Likes Given: 20
one of my favorit flavors is the glaze i make for my holiday ham i think it woul make a wonderful juice . it consists of ; marechino cherry juice , pineapple juice orange juice and cloves
30-06-2015 12:51 AM