Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recent Vaping Disasters
bcfos Offline

Likes Given: 9
RE: Recent Vaping Disasters
(04-04-2015 03:45 AM)Nihilum Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 02:37 AM)bcfos Wrote:  The Alabama issue died after media attention but mark my word it will be back since the state is in a 300+ million dollar hole in the general budget..
Yes the issue was quashed, but Alabama is desperate...so I agree it will be back.

It will sadly. Opening a store right before this came up and having a ton of inventory I was more than freaked out. Thankfully my local state senator is a big supporter of small business. If it comes up again he wants to try for a simple 10% tax on bottle volume if nicotine is in it (waved if 0%) which I think other store owners will accept better.
15-04-2015 05:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Breazy_Com Offline

Likes Given: 32
That sounds a litle better if it happens. Funny thing is they're not going after nicotine gum or Chantix like they want to go after vaping ! That's because they stand to make a lot more money taxing vaping than anything else !
15-04-2015 01:39 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Breazy_Com's post:
Michael (04-15-2015)
bcfos Offline

Likes Given: 9
(15-04-2015 01:39 PM)Breazy_Com Wrote:  That sounds a litle better if it happens. Funny thing is they're not going after nicotine gum or Chantix like they want to go after vaping ! That's because they stand to make a lot more money taxing vaping than anything else !

True and the patches and gums are all made by the huge pharmaceutical companies with super deep pockets and they know pissing them off will cost them campaign contributions. Wink 
15-04-2015 04:25 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like bcfos's post:
Almost Jaded (04-15-2015), Breazy_Com (04-16-2015), Michael (04-15-2015)
jlfliberty Offline

Likes Given: 1
Sad RE: Recent Vaping Disasters
(15-04-2015 05:15 AM)bcfos Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 03:45 AM)Nihilum Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 02:37 AM)bcfos Wrote:  The Alabama issue died after media attention but mark my word it will be back since the state is in a 300+ million dollar hole in the general budget..
Yes the issue was quashed, but Alabama is desperate...so I agree it will be back.

It will sadly. Opening a store right before this came up and having a ton of inventory I was more than freaked out. Thankfully my local state senator is a big supporter of small business. If it comes up again he wants to try for a simple 10% tax on bottle volume if nicotine is in it (waved if 0%) which I think other store owners will accept better.
It's like everything else, when you allow governments to stick their for in the door, they will push their way in and take over. Where has this not been the truth. Think and be wise....Huh
17-04-2015 02:32 PM
Breazy_Com Offline

Likes Given: 32
Heard something on the news last night tht in June things are going to change in New York regarding Vaping. Not sure what yet. They were talking about High School kids and the surge in vaping among them. The news cast a very negative light on this. They also said the kids were mixing e-juice with soda to get high. Guess we can see regulaton coming down the pike here !
17-04-2015 07:01 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
(17-04-2015 07:01 PM)Breazy_Com Wrote:  Heard something on the news last night tht in June things are going to change in New York regarding Vaping. Not sure what yet. They were talking about High School kids and the surge in vaping among them. The news cast a very negative light on this. They also said the kids were mixing e-juice with soda to get high. Guess we can see regulaton coming down the pike here !

This is why kids shouldn't have them, duh. I haven't heard of anyone in the Vaping community that thinks ecigs should be available to minors, except as quitting aids for kids who are smoking. 
On a related note, I can't stand Snoop Dogg. He designed an ecig specifically for marijuana use. Because of people like him, the rest of us who use these devices as they were intended are suffering the consequences. 
/rant
17-04-2015 08:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply