• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rebuildable but not replacing coil pack
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,482
RE: Rebuildable but not replacing coil pack
What device specifically does she use?

Universal serial bus outputs 5v 1000/1100mah. I've not known any devices that operate lower input charge via USB.  Some phones, tablets and apple products have a USB plug that outputs 5v 2100mah, too high for a lot of vapes.

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2015 01:53 AM by gentlydoingit*.)
28-11-2015 11:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
shadowxsx Offline

Likes Given: 12
(28-11-2015 11:33 PM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  What device specifically does she use?

Universal serial bus outputs 5v 1000/1100mah. I've not known any devices that operate lower input charge via USB.  Some phones, tablets and apple products have a USB plug that outputs 5v 2100mah, too high for a lot of vapes.
Not sure off hand, will have to ask her Monday. What she said though sounded more like they were telling her that the output of a standard USB was a different form of DC than a outlet style wall charger, not that the output was at a different level.

Which is perplexing since DC is DC, maybe at different output levels. She does have an apple laptop so there is a possibility they were telling her not to use that and she misunderstood

Plus she also is the type to literally talk out of her "tail end", like she knows everything there will ever be to know. So there is a stronger possibility to me that is the issue
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2015 05:13 AM by shadowxsx.)
29-11-2015 05:03 AM
shadowxsx Offline

Just an update, finally got what I ordered yesterday. I am pleased and with looking up RTA/RBA (seems like it depends on who you ask out in the vape stores as they call them RBA). I was able to get my LEMO 2 up and usable without a dry hit due to the recommendation and looking it up...

One thing I can tell straight off though after wetting down the wick is that the stock coil is about 2x the size of the wire ELEAF put into the package with it, so I will either have to use that wire or buy similar size to the stock coil, any thoughts on that?

It appears to be 7 wraps (not sure on diameter), but wrapping a coil this size with what they provided looks like it would take at least 50-60% more of the wire they provided just in length due to being far smaller.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated, videos seem to favor 24 to 28 gauge wire and I would say the stock wire is somewhere in that range.

And gentlydoingit*, found a newer version of my old 3D software that works on W'10. It will take a few days but I will post a model once I figure this updated software out so give me a bit longer... Seems close to what I am familiar with but far more options and may have to watch some tutorials on it.
05-12-2015 03:55 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowxsx's post:
gentlydoingit* (12-05-2015)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

The stock coils are actually quite good they're either 24 or 26g, you'd be surprised once those wires are coiled how little it takes. some 24g is a nice build 28g not so much, but that's my personal taste, yours may be different. Think the stock coils are around .4-.5 so you'll be using 30-60watts on them, with the 24g you can build lower to get more vapour.
 Post up a pic of your first build.. threads always look better with pics Big Grin

ReBuildable Atomiser refers to them all  
Rebuildable Tank Atomiser 
Rebuildable Dripping/er Atomiser

Bold got stuck on. lol 

05-12-2015 01:04 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gentlydoingit*'s post:
shadowxsx (12-05-2015)
shadowxsx Offline

(05-12-2015 01:04 PM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  The stock coils are actually quite good they're either 24 or 26g, you'd be surprised once those wires are coiled how little it takes. some 24g is a nice build 28g not so much, but that's my personal taste, yours may be different. Think the stock coils are around .4-.5 so you'll be using 30-60watts on them, with the 24g you can build lower to get more vapour.
 Post up a pic of your first build.. threads always look better with pics Big Grin

ReBuildable Atomiser refers to them all  
Rebuildable Tank Atomiser 
Rebuildable Dripping/er Atomiser

Bold got stuck on. lol 
LOL good old bold stuck Wink

Thanks for the info, that's what I thought they meant but was not 100% sure.

I am running it @ 28 watts, I can handle it higher but it starts getting hot enough above 32 to feel a burning sensation in my throat which makes me cough hard. Still putting out a bigger cloud than what I was using were capable of, but the flavor is a lot better..

From all the reviews I had watched none of them had a wick in when they took it apart, so thought it was not ready for use out of the box but apparently they took it out beforehand to do the review.

This thing kind of scared me the first hit because I set it @ 32 watts and it popped hard enough for me to feel it in the roof of my mouth Laugh3
05-12-2015 07:04 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowxsx's post:
gentlydoingit* (12-05-2015)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
Keep an eye on voltage.  With single-wire coils (as opposed to Claptons or twisted strands, etc), 3.6-4.0 volts (whatever wattage that comes too with the resistance of the coil ion question) is the sweet spot.  Usually right at 3.8.  Heavier wire and complex coils handle more voltage without burning things as quickly.

The burning is probably your wick not being able to supply juice fast enough.  Many possible causes, but that's most likely given the information I have to work with.

Windows 10 has a parametric modeler built in?!  Whoa.  Why am I paying for all this expensive AutoDesk crap, LMAO...

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
07-12-2015 06:34 AM
shadowxsx Offline

(07-12-2015 06:34 AM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  Keep an eye on voltage.  With single-wire coils (as opposed to Claptons or twisted strands, etc), 3.6-4.0 volts (whatever wattage that comes too with the resistance of the coil ion question) is the sweet spot.  Usually right at 3.8.  Heavier wire and complex coils handle more voltage without burning things as quickly.

The burning is probably your wick not being able to supply juice fast enough.  Many possible causes, but that's most likely given the information I have to work with.

Windows 10 has a parametric modeler built in?!  Whoa.  Why am I paying for all this expensive AutoDesk crap, LMAO...
You are correct... The stock coil was running .53-.58, just put in new juice and compressed the coil (did not do that initially) and it is .8 ohm now after doing so... I changed to a different "juice" (the brand I started with and it is a lower VG than what I was using and higher PG and finally understand it thanks to looking into making my own). So getting less cloud, but greater throat and more like a cig (same mg as other). I changed to a new wick and did like building a new coil videos suggested and the flavor is intense compared to what I was using before upgrading... This juice seems far better in flavor and even though less cloud, more efficient and flavorful.

I am running Win10 Pro and it has 3d printer software built in (3d builder), but after a recent update they changed it and it is not nearly as easily used. I downloaded truespace 7.6 and it is easier than what they updated to (had an older version 3, so that seems to give me an advantage compared to someone just getting it).... I think I have the basics down so going to play with it some this weekend and see if I can throw something together.

I upped the wattage to 35 a few days ago, as I was new to it and it took some adjusting too. I was using pen types before this so I was not used to it just after upgrading, so it seemed far harsher with 1/3rd nicotine level initially. Yet the juice I was using was very high VG after switching and putting out a massive cloud, even though it felt like as easily as breathing after getting used to it. I just disliked the juice after 2 weeks, it was too sweet and had little throat to it, and I really think they were inconsistent on nicotine level as I should have been sick using as much as I ended up using.

Still playing with wattage/voltage so not sure exactly where I will end up. Yet I am far using less juice since I changed over, as short of time as it has been I would have used enough for a noticeable change in the level, but I can barely see any difference in the level since
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015 06:27 AM by shadowxsx.)
12-12-2015 04:27 AM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Glad your getting it dialled in, it takes a while to find the right balance between juice, nic, coil, power etc that suits you best. 
35w on a .8 seems on the high side to me, but it might work perfectly for you. Have you gotten any kanthal yet or are you still using the supplied coils?

12-12-2015 05:38 PM
shadowxsx Offline

(12-12-2015 05:38 PM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  Glad your getting it dialled in, it takes a while to find the right balance between juice, nic, coil power etc that suits you best. 
35w on a .8 seems on the high side to me, but it might work perfectly for you. Have you gotten any kanthal yet or are you still using the supplied coils?
Actually with the higher ohm I am still dialing it in @ 20w now, but that may change since I just swapped out juice last night.

Haven't bought any yet, just changed the wick due to using a totally different brand and flavor. May just use up the wire that came with it before buying new...

The mod box came with some nickel wire too, but I have read that should only be used in temp control. Due to it emitting toxic vapors if it over heats and this Istick 100 does not have tc

As for taking a pic of my first build, not going to be able to if i build a new one soon... Picked up my old cellphone (haven't had service in years on it) and it felt weird, so flipped it over and saw the back cover was bulged out and was confused because it looked like I had closed something in it. Had to use a screwdriver to pop off the cover and the battery had went bad and blew up like a balloon to about 2x the thickness it should be Shok.... Amazingly I did a search for a replacement and got a new one off amazon for less than $4 with shipping included
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015 10:11 PM by shadowxsx.)
12-12-2015 07:34 PM
shadowxsx Offline

Paying closer attention to the ohms on the stock coil last night and noticed that the ohms were bouncing around badly, so apparently I damaged the stock one (probably squeezed to hard). So ended up building a new one, it only took 3 attempts Laugh2, 1st one I must have had a bad part in the wire as after I put it in and fired it it snapped, second was looking good till I knocked it over and the hot coil hit something on my desk and ruined it Dash1, 3rd working great @ .58 ohms (think I have more wraps than needed). So without a camera could not take a pic Superstition. Next time I should have a camera so will post a pic of it

And you were right, the wire that came with it just looked smaller
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2015 04:47 PM by shadowxsx.)
13-12-2015 04:37 PM