Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rebuildable but not replacing coil pack
shadowxsx Offline

Likes Given: 12
RE: Rebuildable but not replacing coil pack
(22-11-2015 12:16 PM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  Funny you should say that. I've often wondered about the effect of induction heating could have in a vape. Watch the video and tell me it doesn't remind you of something Smile http://youtu.be/0HdbKKvOiWU magnetismtastic

Hmm just had a design pop into my head, thinking of how to do it. I could design it but have no means of producing one to fit into an atomizer. With this idea all you would ever have to do is replace the wick, but efficiency is the big question as induction heating is power hungry.

And to get it down to the scale of current vaporizers, it would be rather on the "one mistake breaks it" side
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2015 08:21 PM by shadowxsx.)
22-11-2015 08:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowxsx's post:
gentlydoingit* (11-22-2015)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,381
It's almost asking for it though isn't it?! Could be the future Big Grin  I'd be up for a try of one. Post up a design let's see if there are any takers on the manufacture front

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2015 08:26 PM by gentlydoingit*.)
22-11-2015 08:25 PM
hogwildeffj Offline

Likes Given: 0
Hands Down, Steve Crane RDTA Called the AROMAMIZER with the velocity deck, awesome low builds on it, flavor is unreal, the clouds are phenomenal for a tank, only negative is is isnt top fill, but it is bottom fill but you dont have to empty your juice, beauty setup
23-11-2015 03:35 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

It's the silicone afc that puts me off with the aromamizer. I'm not keen on the whole lets put a band round our tank 'cuz its cool thing that's going around, too sort of 'young' for my taste. If they ever put a ss afc on it I'm in!

*edit.. feels prudent to mention I'm not old btw

(This post was last modified: 23-11-2015 10:17 PM by gentlydoingit*.)
23-11-2015 06:22 PM
hogwildeffj Offline

Likes Given: 0
(23-11-2015 06:22 PM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  It's the silicone afc that puts me off with the aromamizer. I'm not keen on the whole lets put a band round our tank 'cuz its cool thing that's going around, too sort of 'young' for my taste. If they ever put a ss afc on it I'm in!

*edit.. feels prudent to mention I'm not old btw
I can respect that, every ones opinion is different, but with the ease of building on the deck, the easiest i ever built on, the taste, the clouds, i can hang with the rubber band, actually saved my glass tank when i dropped it once believe it or not
23-11-2015 10:22 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes hogwildeffj's post:
gentlydoingit* (11-23-2015)
shadowxsx Offline

(21-11-2015 07:49 AM)Robjenko Wrote:  Hi shadowxsx. Welcome to TVF there are lots of Rebuildable Tanks (RTA's ) on the market. I would suggest you look at some reviews on YouTube there are hundreds.  Myself I would  buy an Eleaf istick and a Eleaf Lemo RTA. You will also need kanthal wire, cotton, ohm meter amongst other things. Check out the Atomizer Discussion on here http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-Atomizer-Discussion
I hope this helps

Ordered this last night http://www.eleafus.com/bundle/istick-100...dle-c.html .... Know the max settings are more than needed but that may also make for longer battery life. Plus it has temp control and after looking it over seems it could be promising.. Also if the batteries die, all I need to replace are them not the entire thing...

Went to a few local vape shops and just the mod box alone ranged from $70 - $90, so said " I don't have that much now but I may be back" because after doing a little looking after your post I thought they were nuts and said that to be polite enough so not to get dirty looks if I came back for juice Sarcastic_hand

Did quite a bit of comparison on tanks and the lemo 2 seems to be precisely what I was looking for (the top fill was the "push" for me though). Compared a few mods and some seemed slightly better, but the prices were not Dodgy...

My boss keeps trying to push me to the brand of tank she uses, which is a sigelei and she has to buy a new coil pack every rebuild. What she does not understand is that a 25 foot spool of kanthal
costs as much as one of her coils, and with a pack of Japanese organic cotton you can build 10-20 coils for what she pays for 2.

Oh and gentlydoingit have not forgotten about you, just that have not really had the time to sit down and make a 3D model yet (plus being newer to this stuff I also need to do some research on induction and vaping coils), it may be plausible but not sure if it will be practical in all honesty. The issue I see currently is if the material in the center gets to the vaporization point and it has to be electrically isolated, so maybe if using a temp control setup it could work. But if it over heats it could destroy the entire coil
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2015 01:09 AM by shadowxsx.)
28-11-2015 01:06 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like shadowxsx's post:
gentlydoingit* (11-28-2015), Spasmod (11-28-2015)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Glad youve got it sorted Good I regret getting rid of my lemo 2, I might get another even. I once worked out my own made basic coils cost under 10p each, compared to the £3-4 most premade sub ohm coils cost in the uk.

Wow, a 3d model!? I was expecting a drawing on a bit of paper lol.  I'd love to see it work, it'd be as cool as a flux capacitor! look forward to seeing whatever you come up withDrinks

28-11-2015 01:43 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like gentlydoingit*'s post:
shadowxsx (11-28-2015), Spasmod (11-28-2015)
shadowxsx Offline

(28-11-2015 01:43 AM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  Glad youve got it sorted Good I regret getting rid of my lemo 2, I might get another even. I once worked out my own made basic coils cost under 10p each, compared to the £3-4 most premade sub ohm coils cost in the uk.

Wow, a 3d model!? I was expecting a drawing on a bit of paper lol.  I'd love to see it work, it'd be as cool as a flux capacitor! look forward to seeing whatever you come up withDrinks

Actually the flux capacitor design is kind of similar. I was thinking closer to a radiation hazard coil design, where you wick through the open parts and have supports for the induction core in the center and have the coil on the outside of the radiation hazard sign that heats the element
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2015 02:06 AM by shadowxsx.)
28-11-2015 02:03 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowxsx's post:
Spasmod (11-28-2015)
shadowxsx Offline

I was using the 3d modeling/printing built into windows 10 , but they changed it so that will take some re-learning.... To bad my 3d modeling software I bought no longer works on x64 based systems, or I could whip one up in an hour or less

Here is a quick model of the grill/smoker I posted to a friend on facebook, when he kept posting links to videos of absurd "thrown together" grills after I described my design to him... He saw what I was talking about and shut up on absurd junk... That was only the structure, it does not include doors, lids and vents etc.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 28-11-2015 02:32 AM by shadowxsx.)
28-11-2015 02:13 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like shadowxsx's post:
gentlydoingit* (11-28-2015), Spasmod (11-28-2015)
shadowxsx Offline

After talking to my boss and she said that where she gets her vape items told her not to charge her batteries via usb on a pc, just wondering if she is being lied to.

Her explanation is ridiculous as both a wall charger and a pc power supply output DC via converting AC to DC (apparently they told her that a wall charger is different than a pc power supply somehow).  As someone with knowledge of how a converter from AC to DC works, the only thing i can think of is a difference in output, but my cell phone has never had any issue being charged either way, so I think who told her that is full of it and wants her to buy a dedicated charger.

Just wondering if my thoughts are wrong or they have some validity...
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2015 10:22 PM by shadowxsx.)
28-11-2015 10:21 PM