Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ready for next step after ecig
kero Offline

Likes Given: 34
RE: Ready for next step after ecig
(04-10-2016 08:55 PM)Michael Wrote:  The Mini Volt is a solid battery option. It's tiny, even smaller than an iStick, and I've only ever heard good things about it. The only downside is the small battery, only 1300mAh which won't last very long. 

The iJust 2 battery would probably be fine... The only problem is that I can't find it anywhere to buy just the battery, it's always in a starter kit. Also an adjustable mod would be a better option if possible, since it's better to be able to adjust the power if you want it warmer or cooler, bigger/smaller clouds, etc. 

The iJust and the iStick are made by the same company, so if you're concerned about the iStick's problems you should know that the iJust could potentially have the same problems. Personally I've had only one problem with an iStick, and that was the very first version. I own two later versions and have never had problems with them. But I have heard of other folks having issues with iSticks, I just thought they had fixed it so that's why I didn't bring it up. 

I'm struggling to think of other small mods with a built-in battery... Anyone else want to chime in and help me out? Tongue
Michael, thanks, the iJust 2 Battery is 2600mah is available right on eleafs website for $21.99

Any additional battery recommendations don't have to be tiny like an istick 20w mini, can be a little larger, maybe like 3" or so tall. The istick 20w mini is about 2" tall. We want smallish as most of us will vape at work, in the car, on the go, etc. I am sure down the line once each of us determine our individual needs, we can go our own route in terms of what equipment suites us best.

I wonder if the other people who have problems might be a little rough with it. Maybe screwing on the tanks to tight, etc.

As for right now, quality and semi small size is key. Hope that helps with other options you guys can offer. I think we would like to stick around $30ish for the battery.

Yes, adjust ability would be great if something fits the bill in our budget.

Worse case scenario, we can still try the istick 30w or istick mini 20w and just see how it all goes.

What about smoktech products???

Something of interest buying wise, there are so many sites that carry vape products, not sure really which is the best to purchase from. Maybe that will be another convo once we know exactly what we need to get
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 09:43 PM by kero.)
04-10-2016 09:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Smok, aka Smoktech (same company), make very good products, but they're usually more geared toward cloud chasers. Do you have a particular product by them in mind? 

One of my favorite suggestions for a small mod is the UD Balrog. The problem with that though is that it doesn't have a built-in battery, so everyone would have to get 18650s and a charger, which would definitely put it outside your price range (around $30-40 for just the mod, plus $15 for a charger and $10 per battery, more if you want spares). 

The Volt Mini is actually a very good mod, and at low wattage the battery will last probably around half a day, maybe a full day if you don't vape a lot. If you don't mind charging, it could be a good option. Or like you said, the iStick might still be a good option. If you're careful with it, it's not likely to have issues as long as it's a newer model. But that's just my personal opinion/experience, I don't know if other folks might have a different opinion of iSticks. 

I actually just had a discussion about online vaping stores in a different thread, I was considering buying a new tank online but I ended up finding it in a store at a decent price. But the thread still has good info on sellers that have good shipping times in the USA: here's a link
04-10-2016 09:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
When looking for a site, since this is your first online purchase, find one with a new user discount. Myfreedomsmokes.com offers 10% off to new users. If you buy all the gear together shipping should be free.

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
04-10-2016 09:54 PM
kero Offline

Thanks for the extra info, waiting to see if anything else might be suggested.

Purchase wise, I have visited some of those sites already and yes some do have discounts. Problem is finding stock on those eleaf batteries. Some sites have them at a great price and out of stock. Some have them and are more expensive. Some don't have them at all.

Tanks don't seem to be an issue on most sites.
04-10-2016 11:02 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

One thing I'd advise, don't buy from FastTech. It's a great place to get stuff cheap if you don't mind waiting, but I mean REALLY waiting. My last order took a month to arrive, and that was fast. The order before that took two months. 
04-10-2016 11:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
(04-10-2016 11:02 PM)kero Wrote:  Thanks for the extra info, waiting to see if anything else might be suggested.

Purchase wise, I have visited some of those sites already and yes some do have discounts. Problem is finding stock on those eleaf batteries. Some sites have them at a great price and out of stock. Some have them and are more expensive. Some don't have them at all.

Tanks don't seem to be an issue on most sites.
I've taken a look at built in battery mods which are small and less than $35. If you don't like the cool fire, I'm not sure there is another option. There are a lot of single battery mods however.

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
04-10-2016 11:23 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes bibliora's post:
kero (10-05-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,100
kero, I have several SMOK products.... 5 mods and 4-5 tanks... yup, love them! Smile (check out the "what did you get today" section... 2 awesome small mods I would recommend - the new arrival more than the X PRO M80)
04-10-2016 11:29 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fatboy's post:
kero (10-05-2016)
kero Offline

Guys N Gals,

Thank you for the additional replies. Torrey the cool fire looks like a nice device, are you referring to the 4 as I have not looked deeply into it yet.

I joined another forum in addition to this one to get the broadest possible scope and I realized something based on this thread and that thread.

I have been approaching this from a faulty point of view which is:

"Lets all get the same device/setup since we are started down this vape journey together"

I now know with everyones help that this approach is very wrong for so many reasons.

What I want and might like the others might not. Tank wise they all agreed, however, mod wise, I can see there will be different needs.

So, tomorrow I will have a conversation and ask the right questions in order to help guide each one down the right path for them.

I feel so much better instead of trying to figure out a one fits all type of setup.

I will update this thread with the answers I get and then with more specifics can ask any additional questions and I am sure there will be some.

Juice thread will then be created once the hardware side is cleared up Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2016 01:48 AM by kero.)
05-10-2016 01:45 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

I think that's a wise decision Smile 

Finding gear for each individual might be a bit more work, but it'll be worth it in the long run. 

Juice, on the other hand... Well, that's really something that everyone will probably need to figure out for themselves. Everyone's taste is different, and while one juice might taste awesome to me it might be horrible to you. For example, many vapers love strawberry flavors, but to me they all taste like cough syrup. And even the same flavor can be very different for different people. If one of your friends tells you they want a caramel flavor, they might hate Hangsen's caramel but love Mountain Oak Vapors'. Really, if there's a way to have people taste test flavors that would be best. If not, maybe just get a few different flavors and let everyone try them so people can figure out what they like. Or worst case scenario, just get a bunch of vanilla custard. That's pretty much the one flavor that no one hates. 
05-10-2016 02:00 AM
kero Offline

So, after an in depth conversation with my coworkers, we all have decided on a mod that takes a separate battery. The reasons should be pretty obvious.

Right now the choice seems to be the Eleaf iStick Pico 75W. Tank is still being discussed.

Now the next question, what else should we consider mod wise that is similar in price, size, function, etc etc.
05-10-2016 11:11 PM