Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ready for next step after ecig
kero Offline

Likes Given: 34
RE: Ready for next step after ecig
Ecignut:

Understood on the coils, I think I meant somewhere above that we will consider either the nautilus mini tank or the triton mini tank.

The only reason i keep mentioning 70/30 is that locally thus far, most shops I have visited seem to carry 70/30. Not sure why that would be though. Maybe in my area people are cloud chasers than anything else. Of course we can order on-line and that is route we might have to take juice wise. I agree on the 50/50 though.

Yes, we will consider the 50w mod as suggested. I think the cost is only slightly higher than the 20w. Plus the display is better and can be charged standing up.

Yes, I sometimes analyze way to much when it comes to something new it's just in my nature lol.

So, at this point, I will talk with the guys this Wednesday and see what they want to do.

With regards to juice, I will start a new thread with regards to brands, quality, where to buy, etc. Something we are all concerned about is quality and having the least amount of harmful chemicals in the juice if that makes sense. What I do know is you get what you pay for.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016 02:44 PM by kero.)
03-10-2016 02:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like kero's post:
bibliora (10-03-2016), BOB (10-03-2016)
TinWhisker Online
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,976
70:30 is popular not just for cloud production, but also due to the fact that PG is a greater irritant on the throat. A lot of people like it smoother. 70:30 is just about the perfect ratio for good flavor, smoothness, and good cloud production, as well as just about the max you'd want to go and still allow for proper wicking in smaller coils. Think of it as the 'default' mix ratio, the most popular one, so it makes sense that a lot of shops make it since so many want it.

You can use this thread or start your own about any topic you like. We'll follow you around, like a bunch of creepy stalkers.
03-10-2016 03:32 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like TinWhisker's post:
bibliora (10-03-2016), BOB (10-03-2016), ecignut (10-03-2016), Fatboy (10-03-2016), Michael (10-04-2016)
kero Offline

Tinwhisker: thanks as long as we can go between 50/50 and 70/30 we should be fine, I am pretty sure non of us are going any higher, you just never know that lol

Now, I am going to throw you all a curve ball, I just found this device by accident and watch some reviews, seems to have alot of modern design aspects that seem user friendly, maybe other than the coil install

Kanger Cupti 75W - thoughts/comments or am I going off the deep end, hahaha.
03-10-2016 08:57 PM
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 20,290
Kanger Cupti 75W - thoughts/comments or am I going off the deep end, hahaha.

I picked up the CUPTI for my wife and she LOVES it! Doesn't leak, plenty of power and GREAT flavour. You can'r go wrong with that mod....nice and compact...only downside is that with that mod, it's all built in - you can't switch RDAs...
03-10-2016 09:30 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fatboy's post:
TinWhisker (10-03-2016)
kero Offline

The only thing I keep reading on reviews of those who bought them was that there seems to be quite a few that were duds upon arrival or people used them for a week or two and they would stop firing. Curious as to how prevalent the problem is. I think this can be an MTL device as I thing it comes with a tip for that.

One last question based on a lot of reviews and buyer reviews, the unit below seems to be really good for entry level vapesters and really does simulate analog cigs in terms of flavor and flow/pull. I must have read at least 30 to 40 reviews of people who bought them and that love them. Some people have purchased multiple units to give to other people to stop smoking.

Innokin Endura T22 Starter Kit

Simple unit and coils are really inexpensive. Thoughts/comments.

I just want to have options to discuss in case the guys want to spend less that the setup we have been discussing for a bit.

Edit: I did not know they made an iStick 30W, would this be the best compromise between the mini 20w and the iStick40W? The iStick 30W looks to be a very reasonable priced battery.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 12:26 AM by kero.)
03-10-2016 10:15 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
All the iSticks have the same interface, so the 30W might be just what you're looking for. It's only marginally bigger than the 20W, and smaller than the 50W, but will have better battery life than the 20W but not as good as the 50W. Might be the perfect middle ground. 

They won't detect the tank and automatically set the wattage or anything like that, I don't think there are any mods that do that. But for the settings, we can definitely help you out. I use the 1.6 ohm coils at around 11W, the 1.8 ohm coils around 9W. The trick is to keep the voltage in a range between 3.8V and 4.2V. The iStick displays the voltage when you're in wattage mode, and as you adjust the wattage up and down the voltage automatically adjusts too. Alternatively, you can switch the device into voltage mode to adjust that directly. But that might be a bit complicated for working out with your co-workers so the easiest way to do it is just start low and work your way up until you find a setting you like. 

Sorry, sometimes I over-explain things. The easiest way to do it is to just let us know when you decide what you're going with and we can help you out with the settings. 

I haven't used the Innokin Endura T22 before, so all I can do is look at the specs. Looking at the product page, the Endura has a 2000mAh battery capacity. The iStick 30W has a 2200mAh capacity. On the other hand, the iStick 50W has a 4400mAh capacity, meaning it'll last twice as long as the 30W and even more compared to the Endura. Another thing to think about is that the Nautilus has the absolute best MTL coils, so that's worth thinking about. 
04-10-2016 01:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
kero (10-04-2016)
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,227
Kanger is not known for, and has never been known for its build quality. They make some nice devices but most of them would have been a lot better if they had actually applied any quality control.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
04-10-2016 10:04 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Don's post:
bibliora (10-04-2016), BOB (10-04-2016), ecignut (10-04-2016), kero (10-04-2016), Michael (10-04-2016)
Jesse 420A Offline

Likes Given: 5
Oh Kero. This post aint going to make you to happy at all.

Now I have to admit something. iSticks have an issue with the treads. Both the spring loaded ones nd the non-spring loaded. I have been extra careful with mine because I looked into any posible issues with them very carefully after I got mine. I found out that If the tank is screwed in "too" tight. The thread connector will lose grip to the case and start to slip and spin. Just like how a tool will do this to a nut/bolt thats starting to strip.
you see It is just pressed into the hole with little tiny teeth that are supposed to hold it in place. No nut to keep it in place on the inside. And If it keeps spinning around it tugs and bend the solder and wires inside until it beaks off the wire for the positive post. and that is where I have read most complaints.

However I have even also read that some people that have the O-ring that wraps around the bottom the positive pin.

As far as mine goes. Even though it was perfect when I got it. 6-7 weeks ago. And I have been extra EXTRA careful with it Knowing this stuff. Guess who will soon have to replace his threads in his iStick?.....Yeah. The connector started to slip around in my case and move a little on me a just 3 days ago.

Look at this google link here about them. People complained about it the most with the 100W, But from what I am seeing 40W TC has problems. 20W Has some issues. So on and so on. Here are a few. https://www.google.com/search?q=510+prob...8&oe=utf-8

Personally I am just going to switch out my 510 connector with a nice quality one someday kinda like these.
[Image: 510newwatermarked.jpg]
And then I will fix the famous button rattle with the use of a little piece of silicone in the back of the buttons. Then the buttons should feel like those Sigelei 213 buttons do.

But that's not an issue for me to fix it if I can get the money for the supplies. But I am going to guess that fixing a bunch of brand new toys before they even get played with would be an issue.

But.....Something to think about here. When I looked at eleafs website the other dayI seen these.
[Image: 688310d6c1655f15b2d20ec9de7a302c.png]

http://www.eleafworld.com/istick-tc40w-b...adaptor-2/

So I have to ask myself why would they make this....As just a gimmick? Or maybe a solution to some of their less then optimal connector problems???

Noooooo couldn't be that. I mean I read how LOTS of people from all over the world call up Eleaf all the time to bitch about the 510 threaded connectors failing. And all eLeaf denies the problem exist. (just like the new iPhone screens, Or GM/Chevy with the whole ignition recall thing) eLeaf says is "it is not a problem with the product YOU are the problem, You are just over tightening the tanks, Okay bye bye now."

Just Listen to what this guy says at the beginning of this video below.

So having nothing but pictures over the internet to go off of. I cant say much here on this thing.
looking at it it looks like a pretty solid piece. I mean look at what this very bored guy did with some of them. He said this
"The iStick bending adapter is really a great, cheap little device that's begging to be hacked into something else. Yesterday I bought me a whole box of them, and today I turned them into true, useful quick-release 510 adapters for all my mods. Check it out:"

I still think I see some possible problems with this design. But I dont think that they will have near as bad or as many problems as they do without the adapter.

If you want I can talk about my theory and the iStick's 510 treads later on. But for right now I got to run.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 03:48 PM by Jesse 420A.)
04-10-2016 02:36 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jesse 420A's post:
kero (10-04-2016)
kero Offline

Don: thanks for the info about kanger.

Jesse420a: okay, great, nothing wrong with what you posted, I actually appreciate it you pointing out a potential issue and  yes we don't want to play or fiddle with something right after we buy it. Cool like device but I actually don't like it to be honest.

So the question I now pose is this. If we are going to stick with the nautilus mini or triton mini, what other batter options are out there that are similar to the istick mini 20 or istick 30? Remember we are looking for a solid, quality, reliable battery, does not have to be complicated nor fancy. Preferably on the small side. I never though till just now there are probably other battery options out there we could consider.

Or is there a round stick type battery that will suffice for a few months until we all decide if we want to go to the next step etc.

The ijust s and ijust 2 look like nice devices but don't think they are designed for MTL peeps.

Sometimes I get overload with all the options out there ugh. The more I look and reserach the more things I find which makes getting the right device tough.

At least for now, the tank is pretty much decided.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 07:33 PM by kero.)
04-10-2016 07:23 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
The Mini Volt is a solid battery option. It's tiny, even smaller than an iStick, and I've only ever heard good things about it. The only downside is the small battery, only 1300mAh which won't last very long. 

The iJust 2 battery would probably be fine... The only problem is that I can't find it anywhere to buy just the battery, it's always in a starter kit. Also an adjustable mod would be a better option if possible, since it's better to be able to adjust the power if you want it warmer or cooler, bigger/smaller clouds, etc. 

The iJust and the iStick are made by the same company, so if you're concerned about the iStick's problems you should know that the iJust could potentially have the same problems. Personally I've had only one problem with an iStick, and that was the very first version. I own two later versions and have never had problems with them. But I have heard of other folks having issues with iSticks, I just thought they had fixed it so that's why I didn't bring it up. 

I'm struggling to think of other small mods with a built-in battery... Anyone else want to chime in and help me out? Tongue
04-10-2016 08:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply