Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rant for Today
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,898
Rant for Today
Hi - This does not happen to me very often but I have a rant aimed at Smok and the retailers of Smok products and has to do with the new  TFV4 tank. Here is a message from me:- Believe it or not there are vapers in this world who do not sub ohm. Smok have made a beautifully crafted tank in the full size and the mini version of the TFV4. The problem is the price - around £30. Why is this a problem - because the price includes a kit that MTL vapers will never use. You even advertise two coils for this tank - 1.5ohm coils which are for MTL vaping so why not sell a tank fitted with a 1.5ohm coil at a price that is reasonable - it is bound to be cheaper without the kit. I had the good fortune of having a 'loan' of this tank for 2 weeks and the black one sits on my black Wismec and is a wow. Please look at the situation on the marketing of this tank - there are lots of people like me out there - it is one of the nicest tanks I have handled so far.
11-01-2016 12:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,108
RE: Rant for Today
I personally am not a fan at all of the TFV4. I have a black mini I would trade in a heartbeat for another tank be it herakles, silo beast, triton 2, tobeco mini, obs or any RTA. I think the flavor is meh at lower wattages and is lousy for MTL even with the 1.5 coil. It has way too much air flow and the vapor loses flavor. I want flavor more than clouds. So ecig - you want mine? 

A lot of products just get over hyped be it a mod or a tank or RDA. The TFV4 line was never developed for MTL users. The kit does come with the single RBA deck - you can build a high ohm coil for it. Still is crappy at low watts. I don't like vaping at very high wattge on a sub ohm tank. I would drip before that and do. I'll vape at 150 watts on my Noisy Cricket. But my daily vape is below 40 watts. The TFV4 is billed as a SUB OHM tank. Built to vaped with coils BELOW .1 ohm. I know thewre are some sub ohm tanks you can MTL with but a GS air is built for above .1 ohm. So is the nautilus and a few other tanks.

I think you are trying to make the TFV4 something it was never built for. Yes you can use the 1.5 ohm coil. But that is not what the majority of guys buying this tank bought it for. You need to get devices that are built specifically for MTL brother. I respevct you. I get it is frustrating for MTL guys. But it is what it is.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
11-01-2016 01:41 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
ecignut (01-11-2016)
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

As an update  - I just at this moment completed a trade -  my TFV4 mini for a Mutation x RTA. I could not be happier. I know the Mutation x. Yes, it leaks if wicked incorrectly. Otherwise a solid device.

11-01-2016 04:37 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,441
(11-01-2016 04:37 PM)paulS Wrote:  Otherwise a solid device.

Hmm, I wouldn't go that far.. I probably had a bad one, but still..

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
11-01-2016 06:07 PM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,898
Smile RE: Rant for Today
(11-01-2016 01:41 PM)paulS Wrote:  I personally am not a fan at all of the TFV4. I have a black mini I would trade in a heartbeat for another tank be it herakles, silo beast, triton 2, tobeco mini, obs or any RTA. I think the flavor is meh at lower wattages and is lousy for MTL even with the 1.5 coil. It has way too much air flow and the vapor loses flavor. I want flavor more than clouds. So ecig - you want mine? 

A lot of products just get over hyped be it a mod or a tank or RDA. The TFV4 line was never developed for MTL users. The kit does come with the single RBA deck - you can build a high ohm coil for it. Still is crappy at low watts. I don't like vaping at very high wattge on a sub ohm tank. I would drip before that and do. I'll vape at 150 watts on my Noisy Cricket. But my daily vape is below 40 watts. The TFV4 is billed as a SUB OHM tank. Built to vaped with coils BELOW .1 ohm. I know thewre are some sub ohm tanks you can MTL with but a GS air is built for above .1 ohm. So is the nautilus and a few other tanks.

I think you are trying to make the TFV4 something it was never built for. Yes you can use the 1.5 ohm coil. But that is not what the majority of guys buying this tank bought it for. You need to get devices that are built specifically for MTL brother. I respevct you. I get it is frustrating for MTL guys. But it is what it is.
Hi paulS - first of all I liked your post - honest and straightforward as always. However I am going to take issue with you over some of it - this is not an argument or a fall out - but it is an issue. So here goes:- Quote '' You need to get devices that are built specifically for MTL brother. I guess it is frustrating for MTL guys. But it is what it is.'' Unquote.
First off - there is no frustration among MTL vapers - we are a happy bunch. We are happy because of the choice we have in tanks and here are some of them - and I will start with ones that are NOT specific for MTL . Triton and Atlantis - both take a really good 1.8 ohm coil and are therefore great MTL tanks. We also have the GS sub ohm tank that takes the 1.5 ohm coil the same as the other GS series of tanks and the one in my initial post the TFV4 which I like with the 1.5 ohm coil. On top of all that we have the great and ever faithful Nautilus and the Mini and many many more that were around before sub ohming and are still going strong. If that is not enough please remember that us MTL guys can use absolutely any mod on the market for our vaping from the 11W MVP to the 200W Snowwolf - so we are very lucky and very very happy.[Image: smile.gif]
11-01-2016 08:10 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
ADIE37 (01-11-2016), Don (01-11-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,025
Wow, you really got Eddie going there, Paul! I for one will never mock MTL, for fear of the wrath!
11-01-2016 08:42 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
ecignut (01-11-2016), gentlydoingit* (01-11-2016)
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

No I was not mocking at all. I respect Eddie. I know the Triton is a decent MTL tank. I know other decent MTL tanks. Atlantis as a company understands MTL guys. Kudos to them. I know Eddie is happy as a MTL guy. Kudos to Eddie. I was just sayimng that Smok was aiming this tank at the big cloud chasers. I traded mine away for that reason. Yes, they have an MTL coil but you get no real flavor. Cannot compare to Atlantis or Nautilus or GS Air. I said there were sub ohm tanks that did work - I mentioned a few too. My point was that the TFV4 was never really targeted for that market and thus falls short in that regard. That was the frustration I was referring to.

I applaud the MTLers on this site. They stick to their guns and enjoy their vape. I sudenly feel like thetbad guy here.  Diablo     I'm going to eat some worms and drink some tequila now. I'm so misunderstood. Woe is me.

11-01-2016 09:32 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like paulS's post:
ecignut (01-11-2016), gentlydoingit* (01-11-2016), TinWhisker (01-12-2016)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,441
I knew exactly what you meant [Image: stirthepot.gif]

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
11-01-2016 10:11 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like gentlydoingit*'s post:
ADIE37 (01-11-2016), ecignut (01-11-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
I'm gonna stick up for the TFV4 here (please don't stone me lol). For what it was made to be, it's awesome. It was made to be triple or quad coils. Period. Since then, they've expanded the line of coils to try to cater to various other vaping crowds, but at its heart, the TFV4 is a quad coil monster, with triple coils if your mod can't handle .1 ohms. I've heard from various reviews that the new dual coils, sextuple coils, etc aren't very good, which doesn't really surprise me at all, but as a quad coil cloud blowing machine, it's a great tank with good flavor. The triple coils are okay, not great, but still decent. The only problem with the TFV4 is when they tried to make it into something it's not by giving it all the other weird coils. 
11-01-2016 10:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
ADIE37 (01-11-2016)
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

PunishPunish
No stoning.

12-01-2016 05:59 AM