Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RTA advice
SecretEyez Offline

Likes Given: 35
RE: RTA advice
(20-06-2019 09:19 AM)ecignut Wrote:  Hi SE - the pin in the bottom of the RDA has a hole drilled through it and the juice squirts up into the RDA when you press the squeeze bottle. There are quite a few squonkers on the forum so they will be able to answer most - if not all of your questions. TW is our ''latest'' recruit and bangs on about it at every opportunity - and if he didn't - I would[Image: tongue.gif]. It is one of the best things to happen in vaping for a long time.

Hi ^_^
Well..
I think by the sounds of it I need an RDA and one of these squonks then!
Oh have mercy on my bank balance haha!!

Which brands should I be looking for? Are there any I should avoid? Also with RDAS, any I should avoid?

Out of curiosity, is an RDA tank better than an RTA in regards to flavour?
I also find the phobia ive been using chews through liquid like crazy - although I am still dependant on it to stop smoking (3mg so far)
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2019 09:35 AM by SecretEyez.)
20-06-2019 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,828
RDAs usually on their worst day are better for flavour than RTAs on their best day. However this is a rather sweeping generalisation and tanks are far better than they used to be.

In general I prefer RDAs but without squonking they are a pain as every 6-10 draws (or more often) they need refilling. Squonkers solve this problem and can refill the RDA while driving which most certainly wouldn't be safe with an RDA and a bottle of juice.

There are a lot of RDTAs out there and most of them are pretty good though most of the good ones I've come across really aren't for DTL vaping.

The original flavour atomisers were the Genesis types. These work best at low power and are pretty much strictly MTL only.

Basically all RDTAs are Genesis clones designed for higher power levels. My personal favourite is the Vapefly Galaxies RDTA. This is an MTL only device unless you are seriously determined.

The best MTL RDAs IMO are the Vapefly Galaxies RDA and the Vapefly Pixie RDA.

For DTL I'm not the guy to ask.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
20-06-2019 09:44 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Don's post:
ecignut (06-20-2019), TinWhisker (06-20-2019)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 20,735
Since you DTL the Dead Rabbit would work well. TW will have a couple he will recommend as well.
20-06-2019 11:42 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
TinWhisker (06-20-2019)
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,398
Topside Dual Squonk Mod and Dead Rabbit RDA are a perfect match for DTL but also works well at MTL

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
20-06-2019 12:50 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robjenko's post:
TinWhisker (06-20-2019)
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 24,341
The last two posts by the venerable Eddie and Rob have made excellent recommendations. I have the Dead Rabbit and it's indeed a nice little RDA.

There are a couple ways to approach that setup, though... There are two of each to consider before purchasing.

The mod- There is a Topside and a Topside Dual. The Topside is a single cell, the Topside Dual is for two cells. I completely prefer the more cells. And if you intend to use higher power, you kinda need it. Both would be fine in MTL or lower power DL though.

The reason we all clamour on about the Topside is the revolutionary fill system. It won't ring so loudly for you since you've never squonked, but filling a traditional squonker is a messy pain in the arse that always left me in a bad mood. The Topside fills like an RTA, but even better. Take off a lid, fill, put lid back on, done. Oh it doesn't get any better than that!

The atty- There is a Dead Rabbit for dual coils and a Dead Rabbit for a single. Again, the single would be best for MTL or low power DL, the dual for higher power DL.
20-06-2019 01:20 PM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,306
(20-06-2019 09:44 AM)Don Wrote:  RDAs usually on their worst day are better for flavour than RTAs on their best day. However this is a rather sweeping generalisation and tanks are far better than they used to be.

Now you know the RTA guy will not agree. There are some amazing RTAs now on the market. Gear RTA has insanely good flavor for an RTA. Augvape Intake and Reload or both superb. These are the less expensive ones. When you get into Integras, Taifun GT4, Dvarw, Kayfun Lite and others, we are in a whole new category of RTA. The new RTA from Atmizone, the Tripod, is a stand out flavor RTA. The only reason I have not reviewed a few of these new RTAs is their price point can intimidate some (80 - 250). But they are worth every penny.

If you are in to big cloud chucking tanks you will not beat the Scottua V4. Cloud and flavor shame most RDAs. Fatality 28 shines as a stand out RTA. There alwqays were good RTAs for both MTL and DL. It was only a question of ability to coil and wick and sometimes price.

Personally I prefer a RTA over a squonk or an RDA.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2019 02:02 PM by paulS.)
20-06-2019 01:59 PM
SecretEyez Offline

(20-06-2019 01:59 PM)paulS Wrote:  
(20-06-2019 09:44 AM)Don Wrote:  RDAs usually on their worst day are better for flavour than RTAs on their best day. However this is a rather sweeping generalisation and tanks are far better than they used to be.

Now you know the RTA guy will not agree. There are some amazing RTAs now on the market. Gear RTA has insanely good flavor for an RTA. Augvape Intake and Reload or both superb. These are the less expensive ones. When you get into Integras, Taifun GT4, Dvarw, Kayfun Lite and others, we are in a whole new category of RTA. The new RTA from Atmizone, the Tripod, is a stand out flavor RTA. The only reason I have not reviewed a few of these new RTAs is their price point can intimidate some (80 - 250). But they are worth every penny.

If you are in to big cloud chucking tanks you will not beat the Scottua V4. Cloud and flavor shame most RDAs. Fatality 28 shines as a stand out RTA. There alwqays were good RTAs for both MTL and DL. It was only a question of ability to coil and wick and sometimes price.

Personally I prefer a RTA over a squonk or an RDA.

Hi. Curious question. My RTA (Zeus X) has the ability to have a single or duel coil. Would that mean in theory if I did a single coil build it would be capable of MTL? Or is there other variables on that?
I've never heard of a MTL RTA or RDA so my curiosity has spiked lol
21-06-2019 07:23 AM
SecretEyez Offline

Ok, so I've got dead rabbit and topside in mind. For a squonk build & an augvape for RTA.

My poor bank balance, shame on you lot haha Tongue

I managed to fix my RTA issue (I think)
I boiled the heck out of my coils (I do scrape every wick change but scraping wasn't helping) and it seems to have somewhat make it taste better....for now.
Not entirely sure how long the coils last but will keep boiling at intervals just incase haha
21-06-2019 07:29 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SecretEyez's post:
Don (06-21-2019)