Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about Nic. %
catfishjohn73 Offline

Likes Given: 3
Question about Nic. %
Question about Nic. %

I have some zero% juice ordered and trying to quit smoking, actually been a cpl weeks since I've smoked but cravings are really bad due to so many triggers..... I had to quit vaping the 3% and ordered some .75%. Its not very good, barely any taste to it.
I'm wondering how much Nic. I need to put in the zero to make it 2% Nic?
Also, I have 100mg Nic in VG and the same in 50/50 VG, PG.
Which would be better and the least steeping time? Or is it shake and vape?
I have some 10ml bottles of 1.5% coming tomorrow but I want the 2% In case the 1.5% don't cut it.
I'm wearing the patch and have the lozenges but would rather vape till I can get to 0%, which should only be another bottle or two.

Thanks for letting me in. I'm John Austin, an ex DIY'er as health issues have forced me to stop. Sad
Tons of supplies and flavors and can't do anything with them. Sad
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2018 10:31 PM by catfishjohn73.)
11-03-2018 10:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,295
RE: Question about Nic. %
Hi John. Welcome to TVF when you say "ex DIY'er" do you mean juice mixing or handyman? Why the rush to get to zero nicotine have a read of this thread

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
11-03-2018 10:38 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robjenko's post:
catfishjohn73 (03-11-2018)
catfishjohn73 Offline

(11-03-2018 10:38 PM)Robjenko Wrote:  Hi John. Welcome to TVF when you say "ex DIY'er" do you mean juice mixing or handyman? Why the rush to get to zero nicotine have a read of this thread

Thank you!!!
I mixed juice for a cpl years.
I'm cutting the zero to 2% and then keep weaning myself off of it. Don't really like the 3% as it causes more cravings.
11-03-2018 10:42 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes catfishjohn73's post:
Bugalien (03-11-2018)
Bugalien Offline
The Toodlebug

Likes Given: 1,562
I don't understand what you mean by exDIY and not knowing how to nic your juice. Did you only do 0 nic juice?

I was inable to use patches due to not being able to control the nic delivery. I was told by the doctor to take off the patch due to my tachycardia and other issues.

I find it better to only use nic when I need it with a vape.

If you are patching and losenging, and still having issues then 2% nic could be low for you IMHO.

With 100mg nic, then 2% will be 2mg of the nic liquid in 100ml of your flavor base or whatever that is.

You can make it easy with a calculator from eliquidrecipes.com.

Edit: I know I was.slow to write my post. Lol!

"Nothing like a nic shot to the eye to wake you up in the morning"
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2018 10:48 PM by Bugalien.)
11-03-2018 10:46 PM
catfishjohn73 Offline

(11-03-2018 10:46 PM)Bugalien Wrote:  I don't understand what you mean by exDIY and not knowing how to nic your juice. Did you only do 0 nic juice?

I was inable to use payches due to not being able to control the nic delivery. I was told by the doctor to take off the patch due to my tachycardia and other issues.

I find it better to only use nic when I need it with a vape.  

If you are patching and losenging, and still having issues then 2% nic could be low for you IMHO.

With 100mg nic, then 2% will be 2mg of the nic liquid in 100ml of your flavor base or whatever that is.

You can make it easy with a calculator from eliquidrecipes.com.

Edit: I know I was.slow to write my post. Lol!
No, I always made 3% or 6%. Never tried to add to zero, the reason for my question.
I'm not using the lozenges much, just trying to ween myself off it all.
I'll check out the calculator.
Thanks and no big deal on the delay
11-03-2018 10:50 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes catfishjohn73's post:
Bugalien (03-11-2018)
Robjenko Offline
Super Moderators

I'm no expert by any means but using patches and lozenges as well as vaping could be causing the cravings.

11-03-2018 10:59 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Robjenko's post:
Bugalien (03-11-2018), DaleJr (04-26-2018)
Bugalien Offline
The Toodlebug

Likes Given: 1,562
(11-03-2018 10:42 PM)catfishjohn73 Wrote:  
(11-03-2018 10:38 PM)Robjenko Wrote:  Hi John. Welcome to TVF when you say "ex DIY'er" do you mean juice mixing or handyman? Why the rush to get to zero nicotine have a read of this thread

Thank you!!!
I'm cutting the zero to 2% and then keep weaning myself off of it. Don't really like the 3% as it causes more cravings.
Pardon me, but that cutting from 0 to 2 just reads backasswards to me.

I do kind of understand that the 3mg could make you have cravings if you are nic sensitive.

The patches made me want a cig even more! It is crazy but I think that too high a nic can cause cravings if it is causing your body stress. You just might want to calm down.

I suggest quitting the patch immediately! The delivery is steady and I found that irritating and harmful in a big way!

I actually started vaping after having been cold turkey for about 6 months. 3 nic was too high and made me feel bad. I worked up to a 6mg if that makes sense.
My husband was completely different and despite us both starting vaping after 6 months cold turkey, he needed that high nic right away and it did not make him sick.
We started to vape to curb cravings and to stop feeling like we were punishing ourselves. It worked 100% after some trial and error.

I actually had to add 50% VG to my 3mg juice when I started vaping. So I started at a flavor diluted 1.5mg.
I am a super taster with the acute olfactory sense from hell so It worked out perfect for me.

Edit: sorry, typo filled phone post. I don't feel like going indoors. Lol
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2018 11:02 PM by Bugalien.)
11-03-2018 10:59 PM
catfishjohn73 Offline

(11-03-2018 10:59 PM)Bugalien Wrote:  

Thank you!!!
Pardon me,  but that cutting from 0 to 2 just reads backasswards to me.

I do kind of understand that the 3mg could make you have cravings if you are nic sensitive.

The patches made me want a cig even more! It is crazy but I think that too high a nic can cause cravings if it is causing your body stress. You just might want to calm down.

I suggest quitting the patch immediately! The delivery is steady and I found that irritating and harmful in a big way!

I actually started vaping after having been cold turkey for about 6 months. 3 nic was too high and made me feel bad. I worked up to a 6mg if that makes sense.
My husband was completely different and despite us both starting vaping after 6 months cold turkey, he needed that high nic right away and it did not make him sick.
We started to vape to curb cravings and to stop feeling like we were punishing ourselves. It worked 100% after some trial and error.

I actually had to add 50% VG to my 3mg juice when I started vaping. So I started at a flavor diluted 1.5mg.
I am a super taster with the acute olfactory sense from hell so It worked out perfect for me.

Edit: sorry, typo filled phone post. I don't  feel like going indoors. Lol
11-03-2018 11:04 PM
Robjenko Offline
Super Moderators

(11-03-2018 11:04 PM)catfishjohn73 Wrote:  
(11-03-2018 10:59 PM)Bugalien Wrote:  

Thank you!!!
Pardon me,  but that cutting from 0 to 2 just reads backasswards to me.

Edit: sorry, typo filled phone post. I don't  feel like going indoors. Lol

You forgot to write anything Smile

11-03-2018 11:08 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robjenko's post:
DaleJr (04-26-2018)
catfishjohn73 Offline

I'm going from a zero I ordered to 2%, not the other way. I'm gonna drop it down half a percent at a time. Just order 1% or get zero and make it myself.
I'm switching to phase 2 of the patch tomorrow, 10 days or so early. 
I have to quit before my neck fusion next month or I'll likely have healing bad like all the other surgeries.
11-03-2018 11:08 PM