Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Premium Juice?
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 23,495
RE: Premium Juice?
(12-10-2015 12:22 AM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  There certainly ARE premium juices, and there certainly IS a difference.  Determining which is which - well, that's a whole different issue.

Kris is on point (I also love your signature Kris).

I will also add Pink Spot Vapors to the "known to ACTUALLY be superior" list.  I have quite simply never tasted better juice, period.  Everything is mixed in lab conditions, only the best ingredients, etc.

OK, so with that said, (and forgive me if you think I'm trying to argue, because I'm not)... Companies that use the best ingredients and the best conditions, they're 'premium'. Compared to regular, off-the-shelf types, that makes sense. Now, those companies... Do they use those top-grade ingredients only for their premium lines, or do they use those ingredients and preparation methods across their entire line? Because if they do, that's making my point exactly. If they use the same ingredients and the same prep methods, what makes their premium line so premium?

I do not doubt there are companies that are making better juice. What I do question is why is that company's 'premium' really a premium? I read a review for some company that had just released some donut juice. It was, naturally, a premium. The review stated that it arrived wrapped in parchment paper and in a little donut delivery box. The reviewer was impressed with the packaging. It went on, however, to state that the juice was average at best. In other words, a premium priced juice that was nothing special. Premium because of the packaging and marketing, which is what I suspect a 'premium' line really is, and nothing more.

And of course, as you said, it is all subjective.
12-10-2015 05:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-03-2016)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
Can't say for others, but for PSV - no fancy packaging, cheap plastic squeeze bottle instead of expensive glass with eye drippers - and the best damned juice money can buy.  They don't have multiple product lines.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
12-10-2015 06:25 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
JEFF (10-12-2015), TinWhisker (10-12-2015), vapejuiceuk (05-03-2016)
Xprimentyl Offline

Likes Given: 402
I don’t think “premium” is an officially recognized designation to get hung up on or an objective reflection of juice quality. There are dozens of barbecue restaurants around me that each claim to have “The Best Barbecue in Texas,” but I can’t hold them to account when I eat their food and disagree. I think “premium” is just a term that spilled over from stores reselling branded juices as “premium” lines in conjunction with their house juices and has since been adapted generically to describe "named brands” other than house juices.

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2015 07:35 PM by Xprimentyl.)
12-10-2015 07:34 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Xprimentyl's post:
JEFF (10-12-2015), vapejuiceuk (05-03-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

...and charging higher prices.
12-10-2015 08:05 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
Don (10-12-2015), vapejuiceuk (05-03-2016)
fiaz.bhatti Offline

Likes Given: 0
I have been vaping for nearly five years. Throughout my journey I have come across lots of brands and flavours and you tend to choose based on the flavour. As you continue through your journey and move up from starter kits to variable wattage devices and tanks it's a whole new ball game especially if you like dripping. Same flavours are produced by many different manufacturers from different regions and I want to always ensure the provenance of the manufacturing process including the quality of ingredients can be verified. This would include some adherence to manufacturing protocols in clean rooms and using high quality products to produce a consistent vape and rich flavour experience. A lot of times manufacturers that do not adhere to quality control fail to delivery consistency, this puts new vapors off vaping and revert back to evil sticks which you want to avoid at all costs especially in the early stages if you trying to kick the habit coupled with the right hardware to support you on your vaping journey.

I do choose premium big brands because they reliably provide the same quality vape experience when it comes to flavour, vape generation and nicotine content. Using the right equipment you cannot go wrong with the big brands giving you a quality ADV along with the special day vape flavours out in the market. There are some very forward thinking micro vape manufacturers out there that do manage to do this-they also set a higher premium price then some of the big brands as limited capability to produce large quantities limiting the supply to hike up prices along with a limited range. It is very similar to wine to good quality wine I suppose.

In the end it is down to individual preference to flavours but check the provenance of ingredients, production quality and any regulations they follow throughout the manufacturing process. The premium providers follows these strict guidelines and invest heavily to deliver the best experience quality out there hence the best flavours and price points to reflect this in their products.
12-10-2015 08:45 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like fiaz.bhatti's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-03-2016), Xprimentyl (10-12-2015)
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

For me, I'm not talking about entire branded lines. Heck, I'm not even talking about quality of ingredients, or the most antiseptic of production facilities. I'm talking about 'premium' lines from the same makers.

Example, the local B&M sells house juices. They have 3 classifications- Standard, Exotic, and Premium- with three price scales to match. They are all made in the back of the store. They all come in the same unicorns and droppers (depending on bottle size). They are actually mixed by the same people. The only difference between them is the juice names and the prices. I fail to see how there are enough differences in the standard line and the premium line to justify the cost increase. And they have testers of most of the juices. Frankly, to me the ONLY difference in some is the name and price. They spend their time building recipes, sure, but to justify the big prices? I dunno. And I'm not saying they are ripping people off. If someone wants to shell out more to say they only use 'premium' juices, cool. That's capitalism at its' finest.

For reference from the local shop, 30ml prices:

Standard: $9.99
Exotic: $14.99
Premium: $18.99

I don't see it. But that's just me, I guess.
13-10-2015 01:49 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-03-2016)
Xprimentyl Offline

Likes Given: 402
See, now THAT I’ve not seen around here; “premiums” are strictly the lines bought from a distributor/vendor and re-sold at a “premium” by my local B&Ms; they’re very clear to distinguish what they make and sell from what they buy and sell; in some cases, they actively try and peddle their house juices over the premiums to get a foothold in the local vaping community for their house “brand.” The roundabout average for house juices in my area is $15 for a 30ml and “premiums” (Suicide Bunny, Dead Throne, TAOV, etc.) go for about $18-22. That being said, I’ve yet to encounter a house juice (again, strictly speaking about those shops with a 5-10 mile radius from me) that I’d say merits a “premium” price let alone a self-prescribed “premium” designation; if they’re doing it in your area, TW, goes to show just how loosely the term is being applied. There are some good ones, perfect for adding decent variety without my having to shell out exorbitant amounts of money or waiting for shipping, but when I want a go-to ADV, I’m buying non-house premium juices.

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
13-10-2015 03:16 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Xprimentyl's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-03-2016)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
I guess Las Vegans are lucky in that we can buy PSV as an "in house" juice, lol.  Then again - they charge as much or more than most of the "branded" juices out there, so it doesn't really matter.

A nice side effect of them being local though, is a bunch of shops that started competing.  There are several shoops down here with EXCELLENT house juice at RIDICULOUSLY low prices.  In fact when I'm up in Utah I go nuts because everything there is SO much more expensive and they dont' even offer large quantity bottles.  In Vegas you can buy 240, 480, and 1 liter bottles.  Up in Utah the biggest I've ever seen is a 120, and there's ONE shop that even offers that.  90% of them 30 is as big as it goes.  That won't last me two days for $15-20.  No thank you.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
13-10-2015 05:04 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Almost Jaded's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-03-2016)