Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Predictions/Suggestions for the future
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,883
RE: Predictions/Suggestions for the future
We need the industry to regulate itself. Not government intervention.
15-01-2017 03:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like TinWhisker's post:
Michael (01-16-2017), Nitros (01-18-2017), Whiskeywarrior (01-15-2017)
Don29palms Offline

Likes Given: 46
(15-01-2017 03:45 PM)ecignut Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 03:22 PM)Don29palms Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 02:01 PM)ecignut Wrote:  There is one more thing I would like to say about legislation. Some of you on this forum may have noticed I have a 'thing' about kits. Starter kits in particular. I think there should be strict legislation on what companies can term 'starter kits' - anything that includes a mod with the capability of more than 50W should not be able to be called this. IMO it is the worst thing that has happened to vaping over the past 12 months - it is dangerous and totally irresponsible of companies to advertise such things and gives anti-vape bodies the chance to 'bad name' what is still a 'fragile' industry. Only sayin'[Image: smile.gif].
No we don't need more regulation on anything. We need people to pull their heads out and actually do some research before they buy anything. Regulation is never the answer for stupidity especially with the complete idiots that are making the regulations. We already have enough corrupt idiots that lie to justify what they are doing.
Hi Don29 - You will never get rid of stupidity no matter what you do, but you can get rid of dangerous terminology. Legislation does not necessarily mean regulation. No one is looking for more regulation - in this case we are looking for clarification.
Legislation is regulation. I agree you can't get rid of stupidity.  The fact of the matter is if someone wants to start riding motorcycles with a ZX14 or start driving a car in a Bugatti or if someone wants to start vaping with a 300 watt mod then so be it. We don't need more legislation or government involvement. We need less. There use to be something called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Now people look to the idiots in the government to do everything for them. I don't need anyone to tell me what to do especially some goverment moron that knows less about what they are legislating against than the people using the products. If I get hurt because of something I do IT'S MY FAULT. Why should everyone be punished because of the stupidity of a few?
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2017 04:01 PM by Don29palms.)
15-01-2017 03:58 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Don29palms's post:
Don (01-15-2017), Michael (01-16-2017), Whiskeywarrior (01-15-2017)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,548
(15-01-2017 03:47 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  We need the industry to regulate itself. Not government intervention.
The industry won't do it - it is to blame for a lot of the regulation and the starter kit thing is a classic example of the industry being irresponsible. However we should not mix up regulation with legislation on terminology and that is what I am nattering on about.[Image: tongue.gif]
15-01-2017 04:02 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Michael (01-16-2017), paulS (01-15-2017)
paulS Offline
mech boy who sometimes toodles
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,018
(15-01-2017 03:16 PM)Don29palms Wrote:  I hope paul is completely wrong. I don't want to go back to low watt vap8ng ever again and I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a set up. Most people don't.  

No most people don't. No one is asking you to go back to 'low watt vaping'. Whatever that is. I said I was well aware that the trend is for cheaper Chinese gear but there is also now a movement towards high end, well made, safe and reliable gear. It is up to each individual to choose his own path. I'm not advocating for everyone to use a 15 watt device. I would rather own a Psyclone Evo though than an RX 200. That is my way of vaping. If manufacturers continue to produce 300 watt plastic devices our hobby will suffer for it. It's not sufficient to say we cannot be responsible for inexperienced users or those that really don't have any mechanical ability - ask a shop owner what they see daily. New users often come back with devices near destroyed. They are incapable of maintaining gear properly. So we should put 300 watt devices in their hands? This is not as transparent as saying the user should know what they are into. It's like selling a sports car to a 16 yr old.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
15-01-2017 04:15 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like paulS's post:
Don (09-29-2017), ecignut (01-15-2017), Fatboy (01-15-2017), Michael (01-16-2017)
Don29palms Offline

If a new user wants a 300 watt device in their hand then yes that is what they should get. It is their responsibility to make an informed purchase. If a parejt want to let their 16yo buy a sports car then so be it. It is their choice. The more choices we have the better off we are. The vapong industry is being destroyed because big tobacco and big pharma see it as competition. Not because people are buying cheap products. If buying cheap crappy products was made illegal the Walmart would be out of business. It's up to the individual to make informed decisions or pay the price for bad ones.
15-01-2017 04:35 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don29palms's post:
Whiskeywarrior (01-15-2017)
ecignut Offline
Senior Staff

(15-01-2017 03:58 PM)Don29palms Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 02:01 PM)ecignut Wrote:  There is one more thing I would like to say about legislation. Some of you on this forum may have noticed I have a 'thing' about kits. Starter kits in particular. I think there should be strict legislation on what companies can term 'starter kits' - anything that includes a mod with the capability of more than 50W should not be able to be called this. IMO it is the worst thing that has happened to vaping over the past 12 months - it is dangerous and totally irresponsible of companies to advertise such things and gives anti-vape bodies the chance to 'bad name' what is still a 'fragile' industry. Only sayin'[Image: smile.gif].
No we don't need more regulation on anything. We need people to pull their heads out and actually do some research before they buy anything. Regulation is never the answer for stupidity especially with the complete idiots that are making the regulations. We already have enough corrupt idiots that lie to justify what they are doing.
Hi Don29 - You will never get rid of stupidity no matter what you do, but you can get rid of dangerous terminology. Legislation does not necessarily mean regulation. No one is looking for more regulation - in this case we are looking for clarification.
Legislation is regulation. I agree you can't get rid of stupidity.  The fact of the matter is if someone wants to start riding motorcycles with a ZX14 or start driving a car in a Bugatti or if someone wants to start vaping with a 300 watt mod then so be it. We don't need more legislation or government involvement. We need less. There use to be something called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Now people look to the idiots in the government to do everything for them. I don't need anyone to tell me what to do especially some goverment moron that knows less about what they are legislating against than the people using the products. If I get hurt because of something I do IT'S MY FAULT. Why should everyone be punished because of the stupidity of a few?
No one is being punished about anything. No one is stopping you using a 300W mod. This all started because of starter kits with high powered mods and me saying they should not be able to advertise these as starter kits. I totally agree with you about regulation but the vaping industry is its own worst enemy here - it is forcing the 'idiots' to make the regulations - and they really enjoy doing so.
15-01-2017 04:42 PM
Don29palms Offline

(15-01-2017 04:42 PM)ecignut Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 03:58 PM)Don29palms Wrote:  
No one is being punished about anything. No one is stopping you using a 300W mod. This all started because of starter kits with high powered mods and me saying they should not be able to advertise these as starter kits. I totally agree with you about regulation but the vaping industry is its own worst enemy here - it is forcing the 'idiots' to make the regulations - and they really enjoy doing so.
I'm not advocating that anyone buy a 300 watt "starter kit". I'm also not advocating for anyone to buy a Corvette for their first car. I'm just disagreeing with you on the point of what things are called. That is the responsibility of the consumer to be informed of what they are buying whatever thet might be. Again what I am advocating is PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. The Smok Alien and a TFV8 is a good starter kit as it is easy and upgradeable, for example. If a person actually knows how to read and follows instructions then there shouldn't be a problem. 
15-01-2017 05:02 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don29palms's post:
Whiskeywarrior (01-15-2017)
ecignut Offline
Senior Staff

Smile RE: Predictions/Suggestions for the future
Hi Don29 - lets agree to disagree on this or we will go round in circles - I wish I had never mentioned starter kits now[Image: smile.gif].
15-01-2017 05:17 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like ecignut's post:
BOB (01-15-2017), Don (01-15-2017), Don29palms (01-15-2017), Fatboy (01-15-2017)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,558
Legislation and regulation are the work of the elected officials who have been ELECTED by the people - yes, maybe only stupid people voted and they did so in greater numbers than the smart people - but the question remains on how many people actually vote?

I hear it all the time about how upper management is to blame for everything, how gov't is to blame, how everyone else is to blame - get out and vote! Get an education and apply for those jobs to make the decisions - nope, sit on the couch and point fingers!

In my industry I didn't like the way my boss did things and treated people - I applied and became a Supv, continued with night classes and didn't like how my next level boss did things, applied and so on - I've done this FIVE times in 17 years! All during this time completed a B.Sc, received certification in various disciplines and am now only a few credits short of my Masters - and working on it whenever I have time - yup, I could have sat back and bitched but didn't!
15-01-2017 05:18 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fatboy's post:
Don29palms (01-15-2017)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,558
So ecig, aside from kits, how about you tell us about your EDV gear? I'm curious about what a tootle MTL'r uses daily.
15-01-2017 05:21 PM