Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Predictions/Suggestions for the future
EddieN Offline
Toodle Club Member

Likes Given: 220
Predictions/Suggestions for the future
Hi guys
As a new year started, if we take a look back, we can see how much vaping changed. From the mods, tanks, juices. And also some bad things happened too, we can't deny that. I don't want to mention any of them by the way *cough* fda regulations *cough*
I want to know from you guys, how do you think vaping will change and also if you have any suggestion about anything maybe vaping companies will hear us Smile
(This post was last modified: 14-01-2017 10:19 PM by EddieN.)
14-01-2017 10:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes EddieN's post:
Don (09-29-2017)
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,558
RE: Predictions/Suggestions for the future
It may well end up going "underground" as it began as the ban happy Public Health Idiots push it.

True temperature control would be nice

As would replacement of the 510 threads for something more useful like 20x1mm threads.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
14-01-2017 10:23 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Don's post:
BOB (01-15-2017), ecignut (01-15-2017), Robjenko (01-16-2017)
EddieN Offline
Toodle Club Member

Likes Given: 220
True. I always feared that 'underground' thing.
I think, maybe in a few years, a new type of juice will become available.
(This post was last modified: 14-01-2017 10:37 PM by EddieN.)
14-01-2017 10:37 PM
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,814
I can see controls and legislation put in and restrict mech and series type gear to protect the stupid from themselves... likely improved software with better cell and output management.

While the exact opposite can also happen - the big tobacco goons can get into the game and undercut everyone with their own mods and tanks, put everyone out of business and monopolize the vape industry - they can afford to provide gear at cost/a loss for years and years...once only their gear is available they can control the prices and market.
14-01-2017 11:18 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fatboy's post:
BOB (01-15-2017)
ecignut Offline
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,354
I'm with Don on this - a different fitting from the 510 would be really good and TC for all types of coil that really worked in a more simple way would be a huge improvement. I can't agree with the underground thing - too many people are into vaping now and there would be too much of an uproar about it - it would have to be a government ''thing'' and governments don't like discontent. It has gone too far to be kind of outlawed and the UK could be a big leader in vaping legislation as they already seem to be more relaxed about it than other countries. I hate anything to do with government but in this case it could be the saviour.
15-01-2017 12:55 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like ecignut's post:
BOB (01-15-2017), Don (01-15-2017), Fatboy (01-15-2017), Robjenko (01-16-2017)
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,089
Right now vaping is going in the wrong direction. Producing inferior gear that requires more power does not help the industry nor does it help new vapors. Fortunately there are is also a trend towards stealthier gear -mini vapes et all - and we can hope this trend will eventually dominate the market. Wehen I begn years ago we looked for quality European and American made mods and tanks. Kayfun was king. Provaris ruled. And we enjoyed our vapes (I still do enjoy those devices). Now it is very hard to go into a store and find anything but plastic Chinese crap and people rave about these devices. Sad. I'm not saying everything being produced is inferior to what we once used but the majority certainly is and no one talks about the better gear here. Whos has an In'Sane atty or a DDP One here? Who knows what an Evo or Caravala is? Do you see written reviews here? No. I mention these devices in passing but I don't push them because no one is ready to spend 300 dollars on a set up. Even if that set up would last years and years. I'm vaping on my Pico at this moment. It is sitting on a Therion that is fully customized - stabwood plates, custom leather et all. I have a Gem coming from Mark Bugs and I just ordered a great sub-ohm tank that takes Atlantis/Triton coils (still excellent coils). It's the 24 karat Petri sub-ohm tank. I'm not a review on either as I know it's wasted space. I also have a new Hurricane JR. coming.

The trend is to buy a 300 watt device with a tank that handles 150+ watts. We need to stop promoting these devices and start promoting safer, reliable, quality gear. You want an RTA - get a Hussar. Where id the Hussar review. A new member did a review on the Sherman -what he did not say was buttery smooth threads, lots of customization options and very expensive. Don't get me wrong. I think an Iron Maiden is fine. But I would die for a Hussar or Sherman first. I've stopped doing RTAs reviews. I keep upping my game and now I don't want to get RTAs I will not use just to review them. I will now use Kabuki, Petri, Mark Bugs, Genoa, Hurricane Jr. Pico and for old times sake Goblin minis. I want the DDP One and the ES-Z. For mods I want the new Loch Ness (rubberized edition) a few nice DNA 40s and DNA 60s and maybe another Provari.

Let us hope the industry reverts back to the old quality first days. One can only hope. I see more and more quality gear quietly being produced but you need to join groups to get your hands on these devices. Fastech does not have them, lol. Anyone interested in joining these new HEMA groups PM me. This is the direction we should be going. Get yourself one of these ...

[Image: HpOrlyz.jpg?1]

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2017 03:15 PM by paulS.)
15-01-2017 01:57 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like paulS's post:
Don (01-15-2017), ecignut (01-15-2017), EddieN (01-15-2017), Fatboy (01-15-2017), Michael (01-16-2017), Nitros (01-18-2017)
ecignut Offline
Senior Staff

There is one more thing I would like to say about legislation. Some of you on this forum may have noticed I have a 'thing' about kits. Starter kits in particular. I think there should be strict legislation on what companies can term 'starter kits' - anything that includes a mod with the capability of more than 50W should not be able to be called this. IMO it is the worst thing that has happened to vaping over the past 12 months - it is dangerous and totally irresponsible of companies to advertise such things and gives anti-vape bodies the chance to 'bad name' what is still a 'fragile' industry. Only sayin'[Image: smile.gif].
15-01-2017 02:01 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like ecignut's post:
EddieN (01-15-2017), Fatboy (01-15-2017), Michael (01-16-2017), Nitros (01-18-2017), paulS (01-15-2017)
Don29palms Offline

Likes Given: 46
I hope paul is completely wrong. I don't want to go back to low watt vap8ng ever again and I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a set up. Most people don't.  
15-01-2017 03:16 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don29palms's post:
Michael (01-16-2017)
Don29palms Offline

Likes Given: 46
(15-01-2017 02:01 PM)ecignut Wrote:  There is one more thing I would like to say about legislation. Some of you on this forum may have noticed I have a 'thing' about kits. Starter kits in particular. I think there should be strict legislation on what companies can term 'starter kits' - anything that includes a mod with the capability of more than 50W should not be able to be called this. IMO it is the worst thing that has happened to vaping over the past 12 months - it is dangerous and totally irresponsible of companies to advertise such things and gives anti-vape bodies the chance to 'bad name' what is still a 'fragile' industry. Only sayin'[Image: smile.gif].
No we don't need more regulation on anything. We need people to pull their heads out and actually do some research before they buy anything. Regulation is never the answer for stupidity especially with the complete idiots that are making the regulations. We already have enough corrupt idiots that lie to justify what they are doing.
15-01-2017 03:22 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don29palms's post:
Whiskeywarrior (01-15-2017)
ecignut Offline
Senior Staff

(15-01-2017 03:22 PM)Don29palms Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 02:01 PM)ecignut Wrote:  There is one more thing I would like to say about legislation. Some of you on this forum may have noticed I have a 'thing' about kits. Starter kits in particular. I think there should be strict legislation on what companies can term 'starter kits' - anything that includes a mod with the capability of more than 50W should not be able to be called this. IMO it is the worst thing that has happened to vaping over the past 12 months - it is dangerous and totally irresponsible of companies to advertise such things and gives anti-vape bodies the chance to 'bad name' what is still a 'fragile' industry. Only sayin'[Image: smile.gif].
No we don't need more regulation on anything. We need people to pull their heads out and actually do some research before they buy anything. Regulation is never the answer for stupidity especially with the complete idiots that are making the regulations. We already have enough corrupt idiots that lie to justify what they are doing.
Hi Don29 - You will never get rid of stupidity no matter what you do, but you can get rid of dangerous terminology. Legislation does not necessarily mean regulation. No one is looking for more regulation - in this case we are looking for clarification.
15-01-2017 03:45 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
Nitros (01-18-2017)