Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please recomend a quality tank
JDub Offline

Likes Given: 5
Please recomend a quality tank
I have about a month and a half of vaping under my belt and I love it but I need to find that sweet hasle free setup.

Long story short: Started with 1300mah vision spinners and a couple iClear30 tanks.  This was ok.  Not enough power for me and I had to take 2 batteries to get me threw a work day.  Great first step though.

Bought an iTaste VTR (new version).  I like the 30s tank that comes with it but when at my prefered power I get dry and burn hits after 2 or 3 good puffs (same with the standard iC30).  Other then that I love the VTR and the tanks are good if I can keep under about 8 watts (I like 10.5-11.5 watts)

Bought a Kanger Aerotank after a lot of reasearch.  Worked great for a week.  Now even after a new coil and O-rings it is a leaking and flooding mess.  Tried all the tips online for fixing Kanger tanks nothing works.  This thing is going in the trash.

Any advice on where to go from here?  I would prefer (I will consider anything though) it to fit my VTR (under 19mm I think it is), glass so I can vape tank crackers if I want, 3+ml of liquid, rebuildable (as long as their is a video on youtube showing how to hack it thats good enough for me), can handle chain vaping near 11 watts, and most importantly not prone to leaking and flooding under normal use.
08-05-2014 08:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JDub's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,544
RE: Please recomend a quality tank
You could try an Anyvape Davide. Mine never leaked or flooded but it did disappear.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
08-05-2014 08:47 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Don's post:
JDub (05-08-2014), vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
JDub Offline

Thanks for the tip.  My problem there is that it seems (from my quick reading and 2 youtube reviews) they use Kanger coils and I want nothing to do with a Kanger product after my expeariance.  I have to imagen if they use Kanger technology then I will have Kanger problems again.
08-05-2014 11:20 AM
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,544
You could try a rebuildable device.  The Taifun GS ought to fit and if it is similar to the GT, it iz easy to build and works well. This will work better than just about any tank. One of my patients has been using Davides for ages. I'll check with them for issues. 

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
08-05-2014 11:46 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Don's post:
JDub (05-08-2014), vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
JDub Offline

That would be great if you could ask, Don.

I am interested in rebuildables and am starting to reasearch them more now.  I love to tinker with things so I could really see myself getting into them.  I will definitely look at the one you sugested. 
Thanks again.
08-05-2014 01:09 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
(08-05-2014 08:44 AM)JDub Wrote:  I have about a month and a half of vaping under my belt and I love it but I need to find that sweet hasle free setup.

Long story short: Started with 1300mah vision spinners and a couple iClear30 tanks.  This was ok.  Not enough power for me and I had to take 2 batteries to get me threw a work day.  Great first step though.

Bought an iTaste VTR (new version).  I like the 30s tank that comes with it but when at my prefered power I get dry and burn hits after 2 or 3 good puffs (same with the standard iC30).  Other then that I love the VTR and the tanks are good if I can keep under about 8 watts (I like 10.5-11.5 watts)

Bought a Kanger Aerotank after a lot of reasearch.  Worked great for a week.  Now even after a new coil and O-rings it is a leaking and flooding mess.  Tried all the tips online for fixing Kanger tanks nothing works.  This thing is going in the trash.

Any advice on where to go from here?  I would prefer (I will consider anything though) it to fit my VTR (under 19mm I think it is), glass so I can vape tank crackers if I want, 3+ml of liquid, rebuildable (as long as their is a video on youtube showing how to hack it thats good enough for me), can handle chain vaping near 11 watts, and most importantly not prone to leaking and flooding under normal use.
I'm fairly new to vaping, but I've had good luck with the Kangertech T3s

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
12-05-2014 11:37 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Galaxyrider's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)