Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help a non-smoker buy a vape for lady friend
Pcm81 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Please help a non-smoker buy a vape for lady friend
Greetings and salutations.
Full disclosure: haven't smoked a day in my life and have no idea what to look for or  questions to ask.
My lady friend smokes about a pack of the cheapest cigar like looking cigarettes per day. She and I are both interested in moving her off tobacco, so vaping is what we are looking to try. 
I am doing the research and buying her a vape. Please educate me on what to buy.
The criteria are as such:
1. Initial cost can be high, but product should be reliable and easy to maintain. I am the sugar daddy, but we do not meet very often, so... I can buy expansive product, but it should be reliable and easy to maintain. She won't be spending  $50 to fix it if it breaks.
2. I'd prefer some well established product architecture, so that I could buy spare parts online easily. 
3. I have no idea what nicotine percentage She will need. She is smoking about a pack a day and it's the cheapest cigar like looking things the size of a cigarette. 
4. I have no idea what power of vape would be best suited to match the cigar like looking cigarettes that she is smoking. Please recommend power setting to look for. 

Thanks ahead.
11-04-2019 09:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Pcm81 Offline

RE: Please help a non-smoker buy a vape for lady friend
I should add that the looks and the size do not matter. I am thinking the refillable vape is what to get, not dinky little ecig with small cartridge. The main purpose is nicotine delivery in a way similar to the cigarettes she is smoking now, but without the smoke or bad flavor. 
11-04-2019 10:24 PM
Pcm81 Offline

I am considering Smok Nord Pod System Kit 1100mAh because of 2 coils being available. Looking at list of juices I see 0%, 3% and 6% nicotine. Are those the basic choices which cover available range or do I need to do more research?
11-04-2019 11:31 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,573
Hey pcm
If your going for a pod type device then I'd recommend getting some nice salts, 18mg or more, rather than the 3 - 6mg free base stuff. The nic hits harder and stronger, feels much closer to actually smoking

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
12-04-2019 12:28 AM
Pcm81 Offline

Thanks for info. Are liquids ,salts etc all the same thing of different concentration or are there limitations of what can be used in a pod?
12-04-2019 01:29 AM
Pcm81 Offline

(12-04-2019 01:29 AM)Pcm81 Wrote:  Thanks for info. Are liquids ,salts etc all the same thing of different concentration or are there limitations of what can be used in a pod?
Settled on
Smok Nord Pod System Kit 1100mAh with Vgod Cubano Silver SaltNic Ejuice 30ml with 25mg of nicotine
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2019 05:46 AM by Pcm81.)
12-04-2019 05:45 AM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,573
(12-04-2019 01:29 AM)Pcm81 Wrote:  Thanks for info. Are liquids ,salts etc all the same thing of different concentration or are there limitations of what can be used in a pod?

Salts contain benzoic acid to make the nic less harsh while simultaneously allowing it to be absorbed by the body much faster, making it a satisfying cigarette replacment. Free base is just nic, in an 18mg+ dose is quite harsh and can make some people feel a bit green, it's (in my opiniin) best suited in lower mg's in general and high power vaping as opposed to attempting mimicking a smoke.

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
12-04-2019 10:18 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gentlydoingit*'s post:
ecignut (04-12-2019)
Pcm81 Offline

(12-04-2019 10:18 AM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  

Salts contain benzoic acid to make the nic less harsh while simultaneously allowing it to be absorbed by the body much faster, making it a satisfying cigarette replacment. Free base is just nic, in an 18mg+ dose is quite harsh and can make some people feel a bit green, it's (in my opiniin) best suited in lower mg's in general and high power vaping as opposed to attempting mimicking a smoke.
Thanks for info.
One more question: as far as nicotine content is concerned what is the correlation between 1oz of say 25mg salt to cigarettes or cigarette packs... Trying to figure out how much salt per week she will need.
12-04-2019 02:58 PM
marya smith Offline

Let her buy a cucumber cooler vape from  ECig-City
I am using  this flavor of vape and it is good and affordable also it is best for switching from ordinary cigarettes.
You can also get vapes in your mentioned range.
I am pretty sure you and your friend will like it.
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2019 09:58 AM by marya smith.)
19-04-2019 09:57 AM