Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Picked up a 100watt box mod
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Picked up a 100watt box mod
Nothing fancy and I don't really need it but I thought it would be fun to try out one of these new boxes.

http://focalecig.com/Product/ARROW-100W-...Grey-23793

I used a coupon that brought it down to under $50. I'll update this when it shows up and after I have used it for a while. It seems like a pretty good price for what it is. 2x18650's in series 25amp max. Not a huge mod either so that is nice.

I was just going to buy one of the newer chips and make my own again but this was cheaper than the parts for it.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
25-01-2015 08:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like 18sixfifty's post:
BOB (01-25-2015), Don (01-25-2015), Michael (01-26-2015), Spasmod (01-26-2015)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,292
RE: Picked up a 100watt box mod
That's pretty decent actually. Nice one mate Drinks
26-01-2015 05:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
I got the Arrow mod today and it's pretty sweet so far. It came unbelievably fast. I wasn't expecting it for two weeks because I didn't pay extra for fast shipping or even a tracking number.

It's super simple, Just two buttons for + and -. It's rock solid, the atomizers sit nice and straight on it, although I did have a bit of a hard time screwing in the first one. 

Probably the nicest touch is the back of it. It's slides on and off perfectly, really well mated to the back and magnets are just the right amount of power to hold the back on tight but not so much that it's hard to slide off. I really didn't want one with screws.

The finish is perfect, but the corners are a bit on the sharp side. Could have been a little more rounded.

I slapped a "little boy" atomizer on it with a big fat single coil. Not even sure how many ohms but a lot. Even using it with both air holes wide open and using the huge drip tip on it I couldn't vape it passed 50watts. No need for sub-ohm with this sucker, I'll tell you what.

In all honesty this thing is a lot nicer than I thought it would be. The side switch seems really stable and so do the button on it. The readout is nice too. I would really recommend this mod. But of course I have only had it for a day so I'll keep this updated if anything does go wrong with it. Outside of the sharp corners I wouldn't change a thing on it.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
29-01-2015 05:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Looking at the photos and from your description, that sounds like an inexpensive alternative to the Sigelei-100W. Similar setup (two buttons plus firing button) and the Sigelei has pretty sharp corners too. Nice one mate, I'm looking forward to hearing how you like it after you've had it a bit longer.
29-01-2015 06:12 AM