Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Photobucket
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,544
Photobucket
I see on Photobucket's account page that I've been a customer for 8 years on Thursday. For about 7 years I've been giving them money. Until recently when I decided I'd had enough. If they rolled back every single change they have made in the last two years and reinstated the very useful stats feature (Which let me hunt down those stealing and republishing my images without permission and playing DMCA games with the ones that were wilfully stupid.) I might have considered giving them money again, but they seem determined to kill themselves.

I never could get on with Image Shack and while I have an account with Abload.de it is painful using it through Google Translate. I'm the only member of my family for 2-3 generations that can't read ordinary German, my mother and paternal grandmother both taught it. Sufficiently technical German I can read - as the Germans invented synthetic chemistry and until the 80's the standard references were published in German. Abload's German is far too non-technical for me.

Any new alternatives worth looking at?

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
13-05-2014 06:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
RE: Photobucket
I know Johnny uses Flickr for his review etc.. As far as I'm aware it's pretty awesome but I don't really know. Maybe he'll chime in
13-05-2014 06:38 PM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,544
I seem to remember that Flickr was awkward to use with forums at one point. Maybe that's changed. The person I work with is camped out on Flickr every day and says she hates the changes there. I used to get free Flickr Pro with my BT Internet bit but I believe BT and Yahoo have fallen out so this may not be the case any more.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
13-05-2014 08:09 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
I do use Flickr, Don, and like it.  The changes make for an extra step or two when posting on the forums but now that I'm used to using it it's not bad at all.  It threw me at first but it's all good now.  It's inexpensive for the Pro account and the unlimited storage plus full sized images makes it well worth it.  I recommend it.
15-05-2014 12:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply