Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ok. Stupid question time
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
RE: Ok. Stupid question time
We don't need pictures, this is straightforward.  15 watts is waaaaaay too much power for a small 2.4 ohm coil.  That's 6 watt territory.  When you "load" 2 chambers at once, you're only sending 7-7.5 watts to each coil - on the high side for such a small coil, but not gonna burn it up.

Either get lower resistance coils that can handle the power, or reduce the power.  

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
16-10-2015 05:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Ratty Offline

Likes Given: 4
(16-10-2015 05:53 PM) Almost Jaded Wrote:  We don't need pictures, this is straightforward.  15 watts is waaaaaay too much power for a small 2.4 ohm coil.  That's 6 watt territory.  When you "load" 2 chambers at once, you're only sending 7-7.5 watts to each coil - on the high side for such a small coil, but not gonna burn it up.

Either get lower resistance coils that can handle the power, or reduce the power.  
If that is the case why could my 20w curve not get it hot enough to get any vapour?

It would only produce 10w of power per tank or 20 at the full figure?

One of the warnings when buying the revolver is to make sure you have a powerful enough battery to run it. 
16-10-2015 06:02 PM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Looked it up.  Those are basically a slightly different version of Kanger ProTank 1 & 2 coils.  The ProTank 3 dual coils handle more power, and taste burnt at 10 watts.  Usually vape them around 8.  Dunno what they're talking about unless they just mean you need more than a eGo twist or something like that.  20w could easily overpower BOTH of those coils at once.

Set it to ONE chamber with a fresh coil (you've probably fried them by now) and set it to around 6 watts.  Just look at your voltage - keep it in the 3.7-3.9 range; whatever that translates to in watts with that coil.  When vaping both chambers simultaneously, double the wattage.  But with 2.4 ohm coils, 15 watts is way too much.  That's on the high side for a 1.2 ohm coil with twice the diameter.    

16-10-2015 06:15 PM
Ratty Offline

(16-10-2015 06:15 PM) Almost Jaded Wrote:  Looked it up.  Those are basically a slightly different version of Kanger ProTank 1 & 2 coils.  The ProTank 3 dual coils handle more power, and taste burnt at 10 watts.  Usually vape them around 8.  Dunno what they're talking about unless they just mean you need more than a eGo twist or something like that.  20w could easily overpower BOTH of those coils at once.

Set it to ONE chamber with a fresh coil (you've probably fried them by now) and set it to around 6 watts.  Just look at your voltage - keep it in the 3.7-3.9 range; whatever that translates to in watts with that coil.  When vaping both chambers simultaneously, double the wattage.  But with 2.4 ohm coils, 15 watts is way too much.  That's on the high side for a 1.2 ohm coil with twice the diameter.    
I bought two revolvers at the same time so To save keep switching settings I've just filled the other one up as the one I've been using has one 1.8ohm coil in now and one 2.4 ohm.

I've set it at 7w 4.1v and it's not strong enough. At 8w and 4.4v the flavour and vape using mothers milk is fine. The taste of the Heisenberg is hideous. It's like sucking on a sweaty sock. 

I'm guessing I'll need to run one revolver on 1.8ohm coils and one on 2.4 and be selective on the juices. 
16-10-2015 06:42 PM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Sounds like you need more powerful coils.  4.4v is gonna fry that poor little thing real fast.  Get the 1.8's if they're the lowest available for that tank, but you might just be running hard against a tank that isn't strong enough for your tastes.  

16-10-2015 09:11 PM
Ratty Offline

(16-10-2015 09:11 PM) Almost Jaded Wrote:  Sounds like you need more powerful coils.  4.4v is gonna fry that poor little thing real fast.  Get the 1.8's if they're the lowest available for that tank, but you might just be running hard against a tank that isn't strong enough for your tastes.  
I'm currently experimenting with one revolver fitted with 2.4 ohm coils and one with 1.8 ohm coils. 

I find I can get away with juices like dragons breath and mothers milk in the tanks running on 2.4ohm coils and at 7.5w at 4.3v. 

The tanks running on 1.8ohm coils can just about cope with 13w which although I can just about run Heisenberg and strawberry and lime through them the flavour isn't a patch on running them through a 1.5ohm coil on one of my other tanks. 

I guess it's just a case of experimenting with each tank and juice and getting to know what to do to get the best out of each flavour. 
19-10-2015 02:41 PM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Are the PG/VG percentages different for the different juices?  with low powered devices it's generally better to go with thinner juice. i.e., higher PG content - 50/50 or maybe 60/40 (60% VG).  Once you get into 70/30 or higher VG percentages, you're going to have trouble with those tiny coils.

20-10-2015 03:46 AM