Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not happy with Kangertek NEBOX - rec needed
beefsteak Offline

Likes Given: 0
Not happy with Kangertek NEBOX - rec needed
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to vaping so my apologies for not using the proper terminology.

About a month ago I went to a vaping store in Atlanta and was advised to buy a NEBOX as a good all around solution to vaping.  After one month of using it, there are several things I don't like:

1.  The paint on the button peeled off.  The paint is also chipped around the edges.
2.  The mouthpiece broke off.
3.  The battery cover is not flush and it is difficult to screw/unscrew.
4.  When I drag, I constantly get unvaped eliquid in my mouth/throat.
5.  There is no way to control the airflow.
6.  The display reads a .32 ohm resistance even though I'm using a .2 ohm resistance.

Things I like:
1.  long battery life
2.  easy to read and use display.
3.  large tank.

Anyways, I'll probably give this away to my brother.  Can someone help me get a quality vaping device that will not leak ejuice in my throat and get me huge, satisfying clouds?  I'd like to keep it under $200 if possible.  Thanks!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 31-12-2015 02:24 AM by beefsteak.)
31-12-2015 02:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
peter-k Offline

Likes Given: 47
RE: Not happy with Kangertek NEBOX - rec needed
I thought this being a cheaply assempled item when I saw it. Sorry not to offend buyers it is only my irrelevant opinion.

Anyway, nothing like the feel of stainless steel, this feelt like a plastic item to me.

Joyetech Cuboid + an one of those popular extra tanks.
Kbox Mini Platinum if you like a smaller device.
31-12-2015 04:21 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes peter-k's post:
TinWhisker (12-31-2015)
Chuck-Drl Offline
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 3,739
the KBOX has a difficult battery cover as well , in all its my only beef with the product.

Burbon comes from Kentucky , scotch comes from Scotland . Others deserve no bottle .
31-12-2015 04:50 AM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,438
Hi bfstk.
It's the kanger coils that make them leaky, there's enough complaints about subtanks too and they don't have the juice capacity of the nebox!. These are pretty leakproof as is building the rba head well, and perhaps not filling it to the top.

With $200 to spend you could chose a million different vapes, what takes your fancy? 

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
31-12-2015 09:36 AM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,106
Spending 200 dollars your choices are fantastic. I've seen some great deals in the for sale threads  (hana box, snow wolf, etc.) that are quality devices. Sub ohm tanks today are excellent. I have a Triton 2 which I love, a Crown (which is good but eats juice), a mini TFV4, a kanger mini plus with the RBA and many RTAs ( aromamizer, haze -my fav, bel;lus, crius). So many choices.

Here is the thing. It is tempting to vape 40+ watts and up to 80 watts. When I want to vape at high wattages I pick up my mech and RDA or my 200 watt device and an RDA. Otherwisw I'm very happy vaping with .5 coils below 40 watts. In fact I prefer it most days. It is only at night that I pull out my mechs and big regulalted devices. I would never go to work with anything but a small stealthy powerful device (XVoStick and now Mini Volt). 

You really do not need to spend 200 to set up a decent device. You can do it for well under 125 dollars.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
31-12-2015 03:55 PM
beefsteak Offline

(31-12-2015 04:21 AM)peter-k Wrote:  I thought this being a cheaply assempled item when I saw it. Sorry not to offend buyers it is only my irrelevant opinion.

Anyway, nothing like the feel of stainless steel, this feelt like a plastic item to me.

Joyetech Cuboid + an one of those popular extra tanks.
Kbox Mini Platinum if you like a smaller device.

I agree about it being cheaply made.  Too bad because I do like the concept.

The Joyetech Cuboid looks nice, but then again so did the NEBOX.  Can you confirm with personal experience that it is stainless steel and that it feels quality?  -- What other options are there? I would be nice to find an aluminium or titanium box...
01-01-2016 01:20 AM
beefsteak Offline

(31-12-2015 09:36 AM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  Hi bfstk.
It's the kanger coils that make them leaky, there's enough complaints about subtanks too and they don't have the juice capacity of the nebox!. These are pretty leakproof as is building the rba head well, and perhaps not filling it to the top.

With $200 to spend you could chose a million different vapes, what takes your fancy? 
Hi gentlydoingit,
That makes sense as I've only used the kanger coils as I thought they would work best as they are the same brand as the mod.
I'd like to find a mod that is future proof and with excellent build quality and materials, something that I would not be looking to replace in a month's time.  The cuboid looks nice, however it's cheap ($40?), so I'm not sure its the best quality available..
01-01-2016 01:23 AM
beefsteak Offline

(31-12-2015 03:55 PM)paulS Wrote:  Spending 200 dollars your choices are fantastic. I've seen some great deals in the for sale threads  (hana box, snow wolf, etc.) that are quality devices. Sub ohm tanks today are excellent. I have a Triton 2 which I love, a Crown (which is good but eats juice), a mini TFV4, a kanger mini plus with the RBA and many RTAs ( aromamizer, haze -my fav, bel;lus, crius). So many choices.

Here is the thing. It is tempting to vape 40+ watts and up to 80 watts. When I want to vape at high wattages I pick up my mech and RDA or my 200 watt device and an RDA. Otherwisw I'm very happy vaping with .5 coils below 40 watts. In fact I prefer it most days. It is only at night that I pull out my mechs and big regulalted devices. I would never go to work with anything but a small stealthy powerful device (XVoStick and now Mini Volt). 

You really do not need to spend 200 to set up a decent device. You can do it for well under 125 dollars.

This is confusing.  A few questions:
1.  What is temp control for?  I found all the settings in the nebox confusing..
2.  Why whould I prefer a .5 coil over a .2 coil?
3.  Why would I need over 80 watts?
4.  What is a mech?
5.  What is an RDA?

I just want a simple to use, quality device.  I like big clouds.  It really shouldn't be this complicated...
01-01-2016 01:55 AM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,106
1. Temp control uses either nickel, titanium and now in some mods  stainless steel. These coils prevent dry hits by setting a vaping temperature and allowing the mod to shut down when the coil is dry or too hot. Most devices in the 200 dollar range will have temp control built in.
2. The higher the ohms the less juice and battery you consume. But you want a .5 coil that has good flavor. Not all coils are made the same.
3. You don't need a mod over 80 watts. A well made DNA40 is my daily vape and it is mostly on power not temp control. However, a lot of ther newer tanks (sub ohm tanks) are set to vape best at above 50 watts up to 90 watts. You certainly do not need to buy that type of sub ohm tank.
4. A mech is an unreguklated device. You pop the batteries in and it will supply wattge according to the ohm of your coil. This requires knowledge of batteries, ohm's law, coil building, etc. Not for you methinks.
5. A RDA is a rebuildable atomizer. You make your own coils. Again this is difficult for beginners. However, it is something to keep in mind for the future.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
01-01-2016 03:57 AM
BOB Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 10,060
my most used mod is the sigelie 100w box mod
I have had it well over a year and used it every day
I work on construction sites and it has stood up to a lot of knocks and drops
its a bit big and yesterdays news  but that doesn't bother me
I am not sure what new mods are out but I have had no problem at all with sigelie Good

if at first you don't succeed ,call it version 1.0
01-01-2016 08:32 AM