Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Non-stop Mouth Ulcers/Canker Sores!
phlash Offline

Likes Given: 264
RE: Non-stop Mouth Ulcers/Canker Sores!
Yes definitely see a physician, but also ask him if this may be causing a vitamin deficiency. I'm no doctor, but when I finally gave up the coffin nails, the corners of my mouth began to get red and sore, and eventually started to crack and bleed. My doctor gave me the usual dose of tests, and discovered that I had an abnormally low vitamin k deficiency, which with most people there not supposed be any known vitamin k deficiencies. Anyway, he prescribed me a ten day supply of vitamin k. After about two weeks the problem disappeared. At my checkup, he was a bit surprised to find that I was all better. He asked me if there had been any lifestyle changes,either physical or mental. I told him I had recently switched to vaping over smoking analogs, he said that may have been it, and then he asked me to continue with vaping and see if it came back in a month. I was still fine, and he said that the only thing he could figure was that stopping smoking caused my chemical balance to shift into overdrive and attack parts of the body that normally took care of themselves, like vitamin levels. And since vitamin k is at such tiny levels needed in the body, there are no known deficiencies cause you can get it in nearly all foods and that my immune system couldn't see it as necessary, so it got killed off. I thought his diagnosis was kinda weird, but it's been over five years and I'm still fine. But please don't take my word for it, it may be something entirely different. Go see your doc right away. Please!!
21-08-2016 05:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like phlash's post:
Chuck-Drl (08-21-2016), Fatboy (08-21-2016), gentlydoingit* (08-21-2016)
limey Offline

Likes Given: 0
I quit smoking five years ago, and went right to vaping.  I'm only just now getting canker/ulcers.  Not a happy camper.  I can tend to be a chain vaper-er depending on what I am doing, a tense movie or tennis match! I use a variety of models:  Mi One, Aspire 'pen' and just recently added a Vaporesso Orca, nothing too complicated, but I know all of them can also get a little hot if I'm 'puffing' too much.   I use a 3% gold label tobacco, topped with just a few drops of 0% menthol - both in-house mixed at my vape store.  After smoking a good part of my life ( a loooong time), I started off low %, and kept it that way.  Anyway, these sores are a bit of a mystery.  I keep my mouth/teeth clean, waterpik/brushing and I've been using peroxide/water to rinse.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2018 07:40 PM by limey.)
06-09-2018 07:34 PM
Homescapes1 Offline

Likes Given: 0
I suffer from the same extreme canker sores from time to time and I have been vaping for 9 years after I quit smoking for 45 years... vaping was the only thing that allowed me to quit.
When I get a rash of sores like your describing it is because the wattage I am vaping at it too low. Your vape juice Is not burning completely into a vapor and is saturating you mouth with raw juice.
Oddly enough vape juice is NOT mixed precisely as you may think so each batch you buy will act differently and you have to adjust for taste and pure vapor quality each time you buy a new bottle of juice... very inconsistent product.
I started to make my own and in larger quantities so it is a stable juice for longer period of time.
Hope this is a solution for you because it worked for me...
11-09-2020 01:35 AM