Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Noisy Cricket & Indestructible RDA
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,011
Noisy Cricket & Indestructible RDA
I was going to post on my new acquisition but didn't want to do it on the atty section or mod section - so general discussion it is. Smile

Picking up the Noisy Cricket & Indestructible RDA yesterday I spent some time in the evening watching the RDA build tutorials....

Have to admit that it wasn't the easiest build, but a spacious deck - target build I set for was 0.4 and with twisted dual 26g, 9 wraps - came in at 0.42 ohms.

For anyone who hasn't tried one, the Noisy Cricket is an odd mod... with this build, it should be called the Angry Cricket - does explain why PaulS likes them so much! Smile

I was going to post how many things this set-up has that I had never seen before but thought attaching the Wismec video would be easier...

06-11-2016 12:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Fatboy's post:
BOB (11-06-2016), Chum (11-06-2016), Nitros (11-06-2016)
paulS Offline
Toodle Club Billet Box Squonk Boy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 1,955
RE: Noisy Cricket & Indestructible RDA
I'm actually a big fan of the Noisy Cricket 11-25. It has a regular 510 connection and three ways to vape and is only slightly larger than he OG. Filing that my go to is my Satan. I used Noisy Crickets from the time they were first released but have since either passed them on (one to Gently) or traded them away. I found the connection on the Cricket got iffy fast, the button was crunchy, I was not a fan of the hybrid (could not use some attys) and the overall quality of the device was so so. Also not a huge fan of the indestructible although it is serviceable.

Now if you asked me which series mods to buy I would rate the ones I've used like this ...

Underground - this Pinoy series mod is beautifully crafted. It is very reliable, safe and easy to take apart and clean. Thr build quality is superb.
VCP Piglet - I would rate it higher but the button is soft and mushy and you need a screwdriver for the batteries - I hate that. But it is a good size and well built. It is also small but extremely heavy. Some people find the weight comforting.
Satan - this is what the Noisy Cricket should be. Better button, better connection, betteroverall quality. It is also the cheapest of the three mods.

For guys on a budget ...
Hannya - Well you have my Hannya, Fatboy. Other than the abuse I put it through and the loose wire that is easily fixed it was a very reliable mod for me and only costs 80 Canadian. It is not the best out there but it is very serviceable.
Noisy Cricket 11-25 - I can vapoe this like a HexOhm or like a pure series mod or like a parallel mod. Much better build than the original and only 50 doallrs Canadian. It's a steal for a beater series. It also can be turned off so it is great mod to take to work.

Now I've tested and used other mods and I've owned the HexOhm and Dime potentiometer mods - which are really a type of serioes mod. Both these two are great but a little big. I would say the Lucifer is also top notch but it is tricky to switch from parallel to series so I always just left mine as a series. It is also bigger than the ones above. So I traded it. I like as small a mod as I can get that has the quality I like or at least is easy to carry around.

I'm slowly moving away from my mech series mods. Heresy I know. I just use two now as I'm cutting down my collection. I am growing my squonk collection though and love a few RTAs on regulated mods - not many just a few. That said I will gladly advise on series mods. And yes they can be angry. That Hannya I gave you with the .35 atty is pretty damn angry with fresh batteries too. I am passing it on so others can see why we enjoy a series vape once in awhile.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
06-11-2016 04:20 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like paulS's post:
BOB (11-06-2016), Fatboy (11-06-2016)
BOB Offline
Super Moderator
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 9,997
anyone thinking of getting one of these there are a few safety notes
make sure you have good batterys from a reputable seller that are married ( been bought used and charged together)
this is a series mech running at around 8v so don't put a build on there lower than 0.4 ohms
something I do on mech mods is unscrew the atty a few turns when not in use (or take the batterys out when not in use for a long time)
this is a hybrid mod where the atty sits straight on the battery make sure your atty does not have a spring loaded 510 connector
as with any mech mod there is no safety protection like you get on regulated mods so you have to be careful with them  

if at first you don't succeed ,call it version 1.0
06-11-2016 07:39 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like BOB's post:
ecignut (11-06-2016), Fatboy (11-06-2016), paulS (11-06-2016)
paulS Offline
Toodle Club Billet Box Squonk Boy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 1,955
Actually that is pretty standard instructions for any mech. Know how to build it - ohm's law and amp drainage - keep your contacts clean, understand how to dismantle and reassemble, understand battery safety. We have plenty of Faqs on that subject. But Bob missed an important point. Fountains - vape close to a fountain.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
06-11-2016 05:42 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like paulS's post:
BOB (11-06-2016), ecignut (11-06-2016), Fatboy (11-06-2016), gentlydoingit* (11-06-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Unlike my mech or series mods, this one for some reason strikes home the safety component - maybe because it is such a compact mod but for me I think it's because there is no simple and quick battery removal options - and I don't hang around places with fountains nearby - Paul prefers public transit, lots of social eye candy displays, me having a mech failure is akin to a fire on a cruise ship - I'm usually vaping while traveling on highways. Sad That of course said, my weekday mods will likely resume being the Miniken and Sig 213 with tanks...the NC will be my dash out of a meeting for a quick vape mod. Smile

For $50 I'm almost tempted to go back for another one. Smile
06-11-2016 06:12 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Fatboy's post:
BOB (11-06-2016), ecignut (11-06-2016), paulS (11-06-2016)
BOB Offline
Super Moderator
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 9,997
you could get one of these FB its portable Smile

[Image: portable-dancing-water-fountain-1.jpg]

if at first you don't succeed ,call it version 1.0
06-11-2016 06:55 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like BOB's post:
Don (11-07-2016), Fatboy (11-06-2016), paulS (11-06-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

(06-11-2016 06:55 PM)BOB Wrote:  you could get one of these FB its portable Smile

Although I haven't had (and don't intend to have) any Paul fountain experiences, based on the youtube videos I have seen, somehow I suspect that fountain wouldn't cut it. That is following the same logic as airlines telling people to turn off cell phones during take off and landings - serious - if the millions in avionics are not protected from my smartphone, we have bigger problems. Smile
06-11-2016 07:11 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Fatboy's post:
BOB (11-06-2016), ecignut (11-07-2016)