Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Noisy Cricket
Miss_Candy_Clouds Offline

Likes Given: 0
Noisy Cricket
Hiya,

I was thinking about getting the Noisy Cricket mod but I'm glued to the Sig 150 tc which is obviously a regulated device. As my knowledge on battery safety, ohms, amps, watts and volts is abit muzzy I'm not sure Wether it'd be a good idea to get one? Really don't fancy going kaboom this year
05-02-2016 12:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,343
RE: Noisy Cricket
Hey there.

You've just answered your own question there Wink

The cricket seems to me to be for the more hard core vaper! 

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
05-02-2016 12:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,081
How would you know that Mike? Do you have one?

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
05-02-2016 02:00 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like paulS's post:
BOB (06-06-2016), gentlydoingit* (02-05-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
If you want to learn more about ohms, amps, battery safety, etc, we have some info in the FAQ section here on the forum that you might want to check out. Or you can just ask anything you want to know Big Grin
I don't have a Noisy Cricket, I honestly don't know much about it beyond the name, but if it's a mech mod then I'd definitely say you should learn more about how resistance and amp limits work before jumping in. There's just too many things that can go wrong with a mech if you aren't using it properly. Honestly, I'm a big fan of regulated mods and I don't see the point of mechs, I've had a few mech mods and they don't perform any better than a regulated mod set at 4.2V. I use a Sigelei-100W as my all-day vape and it outperforms any mech I've ever used. Mech mods put out the max voltage from your cells, which means at full charge they use 4.2V then taper down to around 3.7V as they discharge, but you can do the same thing by setting your regulated mod to 4.2V instead, and it'll stay there instead of tapering off. 
05-02-2016 02:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
Chuck-Drl (02-05-2016), Eggza (07-29-2016)
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Noisy Cricket is a series, hybrid mech. All jokes put aside, I sent mine to Mike because it is so bloody powerful and certainly can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. A series mech pumps out twice the voltage as a parallel mech. This means on too low a build you are vaping at VERY HIGH watts. Enough for a battery to vent. Enough to seriously heat up your coils and device. Now a hybrid mod connects directly from the atomizer to the battery. A pushed in connecter on your atty can cause an explosion.You need to know how to handle a hybrid mech mod. This is not even considering knowing the mechanics of a mech mod, battery insertion and safety, etc.

This mod is NOT for a new vaper. This is for experienced vapers that are familiar with the ins and outs of mech mods. Even with my experience (I own five mech mods currently), i found the Cricket too powerful for my tastes and could not get a build I was comfortable with. Mike is enjoying my Cricket now and god bless him. He knows what he is doing. So my first comment was a bit of tongue and cheek and I apologize. It is a serious matter. You have to know ohms law and battery safety fluently to use a mod of this type. Start with a parallel mech mod and a 510 connecter before jumping into this. With a 150 watt mod any atty works on your regulated device fine.

05-02-2016 04:09 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like paulS's post:
BOB (06-06-2016), Eggza (07-29-2016), gentlydoingit* (02-05-2016), Michael (02-05-2016), phlash (06-06-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Oh my post was assuming it was a parallel mech at 4.2V. It's even more dangerous at 8.4V 
05-02-2016 05:54 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,298
(05-02-2016 04:09 AM)paulS Wrote:  Noisy Cricket is a series, hybrid mech. All jokes put aside, I sent mine to Mike because it is so bloody powerful and certainly can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. A series mech pumps out twice the voltage as a parallel mech. This means on too low a build you are vaping at VERY HIGH watts. Enough for a battery to vent. Enough to seriously heat up your coils and device. Now a hybrid mod connects directly from the atomizer to the battery. A pushed in connecter on your atty can cause an explosion.You need to know how to handle a hybrid mech mod. This is not even considering knowing the mechanics of a mech mod, battery insertion and safety, etc.

This mod is NOT for a new vaper. This is for experienced vapers that are familiar with the ins and outs of mech mods. Even with my experience (I own five mech mods currently), i found the Cricket too powerful for my tastes and could not get a build I was comfortable with. Mike is enjoying my Cricket now and god bless him. He knows what he is doing. So my first comment was a bit of tongue and cheek and I apologize. It is a serious matter. You have to know ohms law and battery safety fluently to use a mod of this type. Start with a parallel mech mod and a 510 connecter before jumping into this. With a 150 watt mod any atty works on your regulated device fine.

Fantastic bit of advice there!

Welcome Miss Candy! Good
05-02-2016 05:59 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
Eggza (07-29-2016)
Miss_Candy_Clouds Offline

Likes Given: 0
Thanks guys. I think I'll stay away then Biggrin

I wouldn't say I'm new to vaping, around 8 or 9 months however I can't seem to take in the advice about batteries. It just looks like gobbedly good to me! I just want something different that is as good or better than the Sig. I was thinking Hexohm as it's regulated but everyone's got one
05-02-2016 10:00 AM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Hexohm V@ would make me jealous if I did not already own one On_the_quiet. That is a nice mod for sure. What it is nice is the size of this box mod. The raptor is a great box mod but 25 percent larger. It has a really nice 510 connector. Spring loaded and very flush. It does only go up to 110 watts or so though but these are true watts. Now it works off a potentiometer - which I like. You are setting the volts you wish to vape at and you will not have your batts vent on you!! One con I have is that the magnetic door for the batteries is a bi##ch to remove but I can deal with it. The wiring on this mod is very clean - something I look at right away. The batteries are in series but since you set your voltage it is perfectly fine. It's an OK l board made in japan for the potentiometer and that is a very good board. However it has no capacitor which I like (it prolongs the life of the mod). I don't think you are capable of adding one - you need skills but if you can find someone it is only a 50 cent piece that is easily added. Also you want to be a bit careful. Don't push the mod to its limit in volts. I would not push the potentiometer all the way - it will reach 110 watts. Go about 2/3 of the way and you are fine and the board wioll last longer. That OK board should really not be pushed past 95 watts or so. A 110 watts is a bit high.

Now the hexohm has no protections. No reverse battery protection. No low voltage protection (although it will just not fire below a certain voltage anyway). So would I recommend this to you? Maybe. It is still a relatively advanced mod.

05-02-2016 02:20 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
gentlydoingit* (02-05-2016)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,343
I really like those but they fire @.3 Undecided 

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
05-02-2016 02:51 PM