Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No iStick reviews yet?! 30 and 50
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
No iStick reviews yet?! 30 and 50
Thought they'd be all the rage, considering their performance vs price ratio.

iStick 30 - so small it might as well be a pen vape.  Looks great, feels good in the hand.  With light use, lasts 2-3 days.  With high power sub-ohming (I have had it down to .6, it's rated to .5) it'll get you through a night out, but that's about it.  Have used it with the ProTank3 for lighter duty, and the SubTank Mini for heavier use.  Ergonomics are excellent, I just wish the USB port wasn't on the bottom, but that's like most.[/font][/color]

iStick 50 - I can't say enough about this little beast.  Considering it's battery and power, it's TINY.  Significantly smaller than the MVP, and with the rounded edges it feels smaller still.  Powers .4-.5 ohm dual coil builds with ease (rated to .2).  Running a consistent 20-25 watts it will last ALL DAY and then some.  I mean, I go through 20-25 ml of juice a day at over 20 watts and it still has a little charge left at night.  USB has moved to the side, so it'll stand and charge (THANK YOU).

BONUS - Guys with fancy Segali's feel the need to justify their builds when they see an iStick in your hand.  "More than you can afford, pal - Ferrari."  Seriously - they get bent when I can match their clouds.  I spent less on my 50 AND the tank AND the trick tip than they spent on their box alone, and they know it.  It's kind of funny.

Note - I HIGHLY recommend the SubTank Mini with these units.  Aesthetically it looks like they were made for each other.  Power and coil wise - it's like they were made for each other.  Match made in heaven.  Bonus - the SubTank has replaceable colored seals in colors that will match your box.  I mean - c'mon, lol.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 01:05 AM by Almost Jaded.)
07-04-2015 01:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
BOB (04-07-2015), Michael (04-07-2015), Spasmod (04-07-2015)
NHtodd Offline

Likes Given: 1
RE: No iStick reviews yet?! 30 and 50
JUst got my new istick 30 today havent fired it yet was charging it and have my nautilus munted on it at the moment. Trying to figure out the max watts of the tank so I dont fry it.
07-04-2015 02:10 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Haha I love the comparison to Sigelei box mods. I own a Sigelei actually, and I freakin' love it, but it's true that the mods are getting more and more powerful at lower prices. I've got a 50W iStick on the way, should get to me in a couple days and I plan on writing a full review after I've used it for a few days. I've got a SubTank Nano that I've been using with my iStick 20W, but I might have to get a Mini for the bigger tank size and the RBA section (which the Nano does not support). 

That's pretty hilarious about the people bragging about their Sigelei mods. To me, it boils down to what you can afford and what works for you. If you can get enough power to make you happy with fifty bucks, then why spend a hundred on something you don't need? I say screw the haters, the iStick is a great device and I have a feeling that once I get my 50W my Sigelei will start seeing a bit less action. The Sigelei is fun for a low sub-ohm, high wattage cloud chaser, but for most everyday stuff like driving to work, the SubTank is plenty. 
07-04-2015 04:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
Note that I'm not knocking the Segali boxes - they're awesome.  It's just that on 3 separate occasions now I've had people with the Segali's make a point of snubbing me and my iStick, which is hilarious to me.  I could afford their setup, but WHY?!  I'm not running 100+ watts, never intend to.  bang for bang, the iStick vs the Segali 50 - the eLeaf is MUCH smaller, has better ergonomics, has just as much battery life (okay, with the Seg you can swap batteries out and have spares charging, but I have yet to kill the iStick's charge between sleeps), makes just as much power...  And frankly, I think it looks better.  I have friends with Patriot drippers on iStick 50's pushing multi coil setups at .2-.3 ohms and they're BEASTS.  Short of a cloud competition, I can't imagine ever needing anything else.  Once you get yours you'll see.  I've literally given away every other mod I own.  Just don't use them.

Also regarding the SubTank - if you drill out juice holes like I did, the power it handles depends on the coil diameter more than anything.  With 2mm coils, 20w feels HOT.  3mm, you can push toward 30.  The airflow is plenty for going further north on the power, but I haven't needed it - a 3-3.5 mm coil with 80/20 juice at 30 watts is as much as I can inhale regularly, lol.

My ONE gripe is heat transfer.  Running north of 20 watts, the way the tank is built, you get a LOT of heat transfer to the tank all around and to the tip.  More than a few times, a long hit at 25-26 watts felt like taking that last to-the-butt drag on a cig, burned my lips a little.  That is literally my ONLY complaint with the SubTank (besides having to drill out the RBA, but hey - I like working on stuff, lol).    

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 07:27 PM by Almost Jaded.)
07-04-2015 07:15 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Almost Jaded's post:
Michael (04-07-2015)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Yeah I know you're not knocking the Sigelei Smile 
I don't mind heat transfer, I mean I used to vape .1 ohm coils on a mech mod with steel drip tips. Talk about hot! 
I have noticed that the Subtank's 1.2 ohm coils wear out much more quickly with high VG juice than high PG. My first coil lasted me a week with 70PG/30VG juice, and the second coil lasted about 4 days with 77VG/23PG juice. I'm hoping that won't be as big an issue once I start using the .5 ohm coils, but really it's not a huge deal since the flavor and vapor is so good. And I shouldn't be surprised, considering I change my RDA coils every couple of days because they gunk up really fast. I'm looking forward to getting a Subtank mini so I can try the build deck, I'm sure that will do better. And if it doesn't, who cares? It's super cheap to rebuild lol. 
07-04-2015 08:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Almost Jaded (04-08-2015)