Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nicotine cravings: Smok Alien, 9mg juice
Smokey Offline

Likes Given: 0
Nicotine cravings: Smok Alien, 9mg juice
Have decided to switch to vaping due to health benefits, but experienced SEVERE nicotine cravings.
Smok Alien 220, standard Smok Baby tank. Vaping at 0.4 Ohm, 52 W.
Have started from 3mg nicotine 75 VG, 25 PG juice, felt no nicotine whatsoever.
Added some nic boosters to this juice, so it's around 9 mg now. Again feeling nothing.
Previously smoked 1 Malboro reds pack in app. 2 days.
I am very fresh to vaping, what is my mistake? Wrong settings? Wrong juice? Which settings and VG/PG ratio do I need if I want to use liquids with high nicotine content? And how much nicotine should I try to reduce cravings? They are killing me.
Plz send help asap.
10-07-2018 11:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,074
RE: Nicotine cravings: Smok Alien, 9mg juice
Welcome to TVF Smokey.

Although that's nice gear you have, that tank won't give you what you are looking for right now.....you should be looking for an atomizer that has 1.0+ ohms coils so you can vape at much lower wattage.....the Smok Baby tank doesn't offer coils that high.... Smok Baby is a cloud chaser tank....

What other tanks are available where you are? There are so many on the market for the beginner but all depends on whats available to you.....the Nautilus, UWELL CROWN 3, VAPORESSO ESTOC, HERAKLES PLUS/PRO, there are many more that will provide you what you need to aid in kicking the habit and get your nic fix.... if you do some research as to what tanks are available in your area, we can recommend what we think would best to serve your needs....
11-07-2018 01:24 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fatboy's post:
Robjenko (07-11-2018)
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,066
Hi Smokey. Welcome to TVF FB has you covered after researching come back for some sound advice there are many knowledgeable people on here willing to help.

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
11-07-2018 03:53 AM
Smokey Offline

Fatboy and Robjenko, thanks for a warm welcome and advice. Will do some research! I was clueless about tanks somehow
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018 06:11 AM by Smokey.)
11-07-2018 06:05 AM
Smokey Offline

(11-07-2018 01:24 AM)Fatboy Wrote:  Welcome to TVF Smokey.

Although that's nice gear you have, that tank won't give you what you are looking for right now.....you should be looking for an atomizer that has 1.0+ ohms coils so you can vape at much lower wattage.....the Smok Baby tank doesn't offer coils that high.... Smok Baby is a cloud chaser tank....

What other tanks are available where you are? There are so many on the market for the beginner but all depends on whats available to you.....the Nautilus, UWELL CROWN 3, VAPORESSO ESTOC, HERAKLES PLUS/PRO, there are many more that will provide you what you need to aid in kicking the habit and get your nic fix.... if you do some research as to what tanks are available in your area, we can recommend what we think would best to serve your needs....
Thank you. I have checked all of these brands, basically I can get any of them. The only concern I have that low Ohm coils are more popular in my country somehow. Also Vaporesso has native coils of 0.6 Ohm max, or less, while you recommend 1.1....
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018 08:19 AM by Smokey.)
11-07-2018 08:11 AM
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,066
If you can get the Aspire Nautilus 2 where you are grab one along with some high ohm coils.

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
11-07-2018 09:39 AM
ecignut Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,289
Treat yourself to a Nautilus2 tank and some 1.8ohm coils. Vape it at 8.9W and enjoy.
11-07-2018 11:55 AM
mike.williams Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,098
I see you've gotten some sound advice already so I'll just say welcome to TVF!

Keep Calm and Vape On!
11-07-2018 01:44 PM
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,074
(11-07-2018 08:11 AM)Smokey Wrote:  
(11-07-2018 01:24 AM)Fatboy Wrote:  Welcome to TVF Smokey.

Thank you. I have checked all of these brands, basically I can get any of them. The only concern I have that low Ohm coils are more popular in my country somehow. Also Vaporesso has native coils of 0.6 Ohm max, or less, while you recommend 1.1....

The advantage to the ESTOC is that you can get what they call EUC coils - they are a 2 part system - eco friendly are a great vape with the 0.6 ohms coil @ 32W. The coil kit includes a sleeve and the small coils - you simply replace the tiny coil and save the sleeve to reuse....

Here is an example of the coils from one of our vendors. $10 for 5 coils & sleeve and under $9 for just the coils.
12-07-2018 12:05 AM
Boyblue Offline

I didn't realize that you get more nicotine with higher ohms and lower wattage.  I'm just the opposite I could do with less nicotine .  I have the Smok baby tank with an M2 coil, I normally vape at 58 watts but I'm forced to vape at 91.2 watts (damaged device) is it better that I vape at the higher wattage?

For the OP there's always the option to go even higher on MG.  At 12mg the flavor still comes through pretty good and if it's still not enough you could try 18mg.
14-07-2018 07:52 AM