Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie needs help
Joshnx Offline

Likes Given: 4
RE: Newbie needs help
The no match hawk is a 1100 mah battery and it costed me a nice £34. There's no screens or anything on it. But yes it might be as good as the cheap ones you get on eBay. I will definitely check out the Balrog kit, though, I'm a little hesitant on buying a tank or those mod kits as i have no idea what I'm doing Prankster2
09-03-2016 02:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
You just add liquid Smile not complicated, I bought the GS EGO 2 Battery, a 2200mah lasts a bit longer :0 and made the air hole bigger on the MT3 tank :0 then bought a Kanger Protank for it, good fun messing with it, and very safe cant go wrong.

Or are you going to be a cloud chaser, who ONLY wants to show off, and has no real reason to use the vaper :0

Quitting smoking or taking up vaping as a new hobby ?
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2016 04:02 PM by KingJohn.)
09-03-2016 04:00 PM
Joshnx Offline

I used to smoke everyday a twenty pack would last me two days, give or take and I know I wont stop unless I get something that makes me think I'm smoking and not some stupid chewing gum or patch,  there in comes the vape pen. I'm like a newborn baby when it comes to vaping, it's like me asking what gun go buy and people will suggest the different models... And then u have people who will say to mod the gun with a tank so you can make it a flame thrower Sorry so lost. 
09-03-2016 04:43 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joshnx's post:
Michael (03-09-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
I understand the feeling, mate. Vaping can he a very in depth and complicated hobby for those of us who get really into it. The Balrog is a nice kit that makes things simple. If you want to feel like you're puffing on a cigarette, you just put in the 1.2 ohm coil and fill it up with juice, set the power to about 10W and vape away. If you want to blow big clouds, put in the 0.5 ohm coil and set it to about 45W then vape away. If you want to try temp control (which in my opinion is stupid, but some folks like it) then you just put in the nickel coil and set the mod to temp control mode, then vape away. It comes with instructions on how to do those things, but really it's super easy. You just pick which coil to use, screw it in, add juice, then set the power to a proper level, and if you need help with any of it we're always here to answer questions. I started out right where you are, half a pack a day then using a pen vape to quit, so I know how overwhelming it all can be, but once you jump into it, it's really easy to learn the basics, and you don't ever have to learn the more complicated stuff unless you decide you want to. 
09-03-2016 07:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
BOB (03-09-2016), Joshnx (03-09-2016)
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

@Joshnx did it have the Nicotine level on the cigarette packets you bought?, you said 3Mg? Sorry I use to smoke tobacco so not bought a cigarette in a very long time, probably when they were real cigarettes at the time.. nothing on them in the UK then..

You probably already know that the more powerful devices produce much more vapor, and so the Nicotine intake is higher, so the mix of Nicotine is much lower often 6Mg/ml or less. Also using this method you would need to learn to use it differently.

When using a cigarette you sucked the smoke into your mouth and then inhaled it, using a basic kit they call this MTL (Mouth To Lung) However using the more powerful vapors you need to use it a different way this time DTL (Direct To Lung)

I enjoy both methods, but sometimes when the urge for a cigarette is strong then MTL is always best for me.

When you start out, all you want to do is stop smoking, and often the cheapest method until you learn a bit more. With more powerful devices they often come with a method of building your own coils, so could put in any value you wanted and adjust the device to get a good response.

There are also Batteries you can buy for the basic kit.. when the times comes you might want to slowly reduce the nicotine input so you could use a battery that's switchable. Some use a bottom switch, some now use the button to toggle the settings

Press 5 times to toggle

voltage 3.2V (Red LED ring)/3.7V (purple LED/4.2V (Blue LED ring)

So you could start with 4.2V using 12mg and over time switch down to 3.2V then your ready to buy a weaker strength perhaps 10mg and again reduce with the battery.

As already said you can also buy coils 1.8 2.2 2.4 ohms all will have the influence on the output. For most people they want to stop smoking and do not want to continue vaping forever more...

When it comes to more powerful devices :0 nobody around here has the same device, (We) all like what we got, anything bad out there and people will be talking about them.
09-03-2016 09:59 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes KingJohn's post:
Joshnx (03-09-2016)
Joshnx Offline

@kingjohn yes the packs are from dubai, you can consider them as good as lights as I think they come with a double filter, but they're smooth and smoking two of these cigs is as good as smoking one the 6mg regular ones
09-03-2016 11:24 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joshnx's post:
KingJohn (03-09-2016)
paulS Online
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,089
Quote:Or are you going to be a cloud chaser, who ONLY wants to show off, and has no real reason to use the vaper :0

Seriously? Some of of us like to drip mate. We are not showimg off - we are enjoying. Now when I post pics of what my newest mod is - THEN I'm showing off. Does not mean I don't need and like to vape.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
10-03-2016 01:33 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
gentlydoingit* (03-13-2016)
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

(09-03-2016 11:24 PM)Joshnx Wrote:  @kingjohn yes the packs are from dubai, you can consider them as good as lights as I think they come with a double filter, but they're smooth and smoking two of these cigs is as good as smoking one the 6mg regular ones

So the packs had the amount of nicotine printed on them? not just in the small print ?
10-03-2016 01:40 AM
Joshnx Offline

Sorry about the late reply, yes all the packs have the nicotine on them. These are mild but u get lesser ones like 1mg but those don't really feel like you're smoking anything. I've been using the hawk now for the past few days and haven't smoked since I started, so I'm pretty happy Sun_bespectacled I also shifted from h the 18 to 12mg nicotine e liquid and I must say it's ALOT better and less throat hit. I'll try out the Balrog kit later on when I can afford one, but for now this will have to suffice. Thank you all for all the useful information. Dance3
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2016 03:41 AM by Joshnx.)
13-03-2016 03:40 AM