Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie l, need help
matt_comtois Offline

Likes Given: 0
Newbie l, need help
Ok so it's been 12 days since I got my first vape and stopped smoking analogs. I've had a few minor issues but nothing to push me back to smoking cigs, except this.... Yesterday I decided to try something new, I had been vaping only V-juice (Irish cream, mr.pepper, dark tobacco) I bought a bottle of Gold Seal (black berry). I have not had to let previous flavors "steep" but when I took a drag of this stuff it burnt my tongue, throat and the taste was over powering. Not a big deal right? Clean your tank change coils and go back to previous flavors. That's what I did. But it seems no matter what I do everything tastes like black berry. Everything,  I even used a brand new coil, soaked all parts in water for an hour. Any one ever had something like this happen? Is there another way to clean tank? I use a 650mah with a kangertech protank 3
28-04-2015 03:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes matt_comtois's post:
Xprimentyl (04-28-2015)
Xprimentyl Offline

Likes Given: 402
RE: Newbie l, need help
Welcome, Matt! I'm relatively new myself and I might have had a similar experience when I first started about 3 weeks ago. First off, was the nic level on the Black Berry higher than your previous juices? I started on 6mg nic on cream/fruit flavors when a friend offered me a much darker/earthier flavor at 18mg of nic; It burnt my throat and seemd to taint my tank for a while. Or, did you prime your new coil before trying the black berry? I know dry hitting a new coil produces that strong burnt flavor and can burn your mouth; perhaps that's what you're tasting and not necessarily the black berry flavor at all? Just a couple of idea, I'm certain some of the more seasoned veterans will offer more helpful ideas!

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
28-04-2015 04:52 PM
Scrotebag Bill Offline

Likes Given: 8
I know that some flavour concentrates have a habit of hanging around more than others but normally you can wash the entire tank & get rid of anything significant. Some running water, maybe hot even & perhaps some dish washing soap & a good rince.
Some people use ultrasonic cleaners for their vape gear but personally i think it's overkill & unnecessary.
It seems odd that you can still taste it after washing everything & changing the coil.
Just wondering too, about the burnt effect, what nic strength are you on & what vg ratio is the liquid because some thicker liquids don't always wick too well in some kanger tanks.
28-04-2015 05:00 PM
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
You can try soaking the tank in some vodka for a few minutes, it's basically the edible equivalent of rubbing alcohol and can clean the bad flavor right out. Just make sure to rinse it really well or else your vape could end up tasting like vodka. I've not done this myself, but I've been told it's a good way to "deep clean" a tank. 

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear it's going badly for you, I hope you get it cleared up quick and get off the cancer sticks. 
28-04-2015 10:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Breazy_Com Offline

Likes Given: 32
I've heard exactly the same thing Michael pointed out. Soaking in Vodka to get out flavors that just won't go away. It's always the one you don't like that lingers lol
28-04-2015 11:07 PM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,295
Is it a plastic tank or Pyrex?  Plastic will "absorb" certain strong flavors - some, with a lot of cinnamon for example, can even eat away at the plastic!  Very hard to get a flavor that's installed itself into your plastic tank back out again, lol.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
28-04-2015 11:53 PM