Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie....juice taste
Grumpycat Offline

Likes Given: 1
Newbie....juice taste
Hi all
Just picked up a Halo Triton II and a sample pack of Halo juice plus Prime15 liquid all with 12mg nicotine.

Long time smoker 40 plus years, tried 3 different liquids all are tasting for a word burnt i suppose. 
Is this normal or am i possibly doing something wrong. I dont expect to replicate smoking but thought taste may have been better. 
Any help appreciated ....got a lot to learn 

Cheers

Steve
29-09-2016 10:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grumpycat's post:
Fatboy (09-29-2016)
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
RE: Newbie....juice taste
Steve, welcome to the forum. This is the place to ask questions. There is a lot information in the FAQ section.

I had the same issue when I started vaping. After smoking for so many years, the sense of taste and smell have been dulled. My senses are just now coming back online after 5 months of vaping.

Another possible cause is it's time to change the coil. Burnt taste is one of the signs. So try changing the coil and see if that makes a difference.

Also, what are the flavors of your juice?

Here are some questions that could influence the flavor. How do you vape, MTL (Mouth to Lung, vapor to the mount, then inhaled into the lungs) or DTL (Direct to Lungs, you'd need a sub ohm tank).

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
29-09-2016 11:00 AM
Grumpycat Offline

(29-09-2016 11:00 AM)bibliora Wrote:  Steve, welcome to the forum.  This is the place to ask questions.  There is a lot information in the FAQ section.  

I had the same issue when I started vaping.  After smoking for so many years, the sense of taste and smell have been dulled.  My senses are just now coming back online after 5 months of vaping.  

Another possible cause is it's time to change the coil.  Burnt taste is one of the signs.  So try changing the coil and see if that makes a difference.

Also, what are the flavors of your juice?  

Here are some questions that could influence the flavor.  How do you vape, MTL (Mouth to Lung, vapor to the mount, then inhaled into the lungs) or DTL (Direct to Lungs, you'd need a sub ohm tank)
Thanks for the reply Bibliora,

Its a brand new set up (Halo Triton II) so coil should be ok i think. Flavours ordered or tried are Prime 15, Cookie Karma, Solar Smash and a few others from Halo Evo Sample pack which i have yet to try. I have replaced the coil with a spare in case i have done something wrong, will keep used one as spare for now. 
Also going to air out bottles for a while to see if it improves ? (cant remember terminology for it) 

Thanks
29-09-2016 12:16 PM
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
(29-09-2016 12:16 PM)Grumpycat Wrote:  Its a brand new set up (Halo Triton II) so coil should be ok i think. Flavours ordered or tried are Prime 15, Cookie Karma, Solar Smash and a few others from Halo Evo Sample pack which i have yet to try. I have replaced the coil with a spare in case i have done something wrong, will keep used one as spare for now. 
Also going to air out bottles for a while to see if it improves ? (cant remember terminology for it) 
You shouldn't air out your bottles. It works for red wine, but not juice. It allows bacteria in. You may be thinking of steeping, when you put the juice aside for a few weeks or months so the flavors can blend.

Veterans of the forum may have a better idea of what might be causing this, since I'm not familiar with your equipment or juices. I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of time for your taste buds to turn back on, but I've been wrong before.

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
29-09-2016 12:35 PM
Grumpycat Offline

(29-09-2016 12:35 PM)bibliora Wrote:  
(29-09-2016 12:16 PM)Grumpycat Wrote:  Its a brand new set up (Halo Triton II) so coil should be ok i think. Flavours ordered or tried are Prime 15, Cookie Karma, Solar Smash and a few others from Halo Evo Sample pack which i have yet to try. I have replaced the coil with a spare in case i have done something wrong, will keep used one as spare for now. 
You shouldn't air out your bottles.  It works for red wine, but not juice.  It allows bacteria in.  You may be thinking of steeping, when you put the juice aside for a few weeks or months so the flavors can blend.

Veterans of the forum may have a better idea of what might be causing this, since I'm not familiar with your equipment or juices.  I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of time for your taste buds to turn back on, but I've been wrong before.
Ok thanks, will keep working on it
29-09-2016 12:57 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,340
Hey Steve,  welcome.

I notice that there are two vg levels available with the halo juice. It's possible you have purchased juice thats too thick for the coil to wick effectively. Check if you have the 50/50 pgvg ratio,  if you have the 70/30 it may taste burned.
Other than that, you'll need to fill the tank and let it stand for a few minutes before you vape so the juice can soak the coil

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
29-09-2016 01:22 PM
Grumpycat Offline

Hi guys,

update !  primed the coil filled tank and let sit for 30 minutes, all good no more burnt taste.
Thanks for your help 

now to find some decent flavours, any recommendations 

Steve
30-09-2016 03:57 AM
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,189
Hi Steve. Welcome to TVF it would seem the guys sorted your problem, Vape on and be Happy

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
30-09-2016 04:21 AM
mike.williams Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,257
Welcome to TVF Steve! I see you already have answers f9r your issue. You will enjoy it here. A lot of knowledgable and helpful people here. A lot of nuts as well but the good kind of nuts lol.

Keep Calm and Vape On!
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2016 02:34 PM by mike.williams.)
30-09-2016 08:47 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Welcome to the forum! Glad you got it sorted. 

As for flavor recommendations, there are a lot of folks here on the forum (myself included) who love Vanilla Custard flavors, if you haven't tried it then that might be a good place to start. Charlie's Custard by Charlie Noble is among the best. 
30-09-2016 02:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
bibliora (09-30-2016)