Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New vaper needs help
Osk17 Offline

Likes Given: 0
New vaper needs help
Hello guys. I've been smoking cigarettes for over 4 years, and wanted to try vaping instead. My friend recommended Fasttech to me, and i've been looking for a good kit to buy from there, but because i'm new on this scene, i don't really know what to buy. I need to know what's a good complete mechanic vape for under $80. Pls help me! Dodgy
26-09-2015 11:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
PoleCat Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 9
RE: New vaper needs help
Hey, Welcome to TVF.    It's no easy thing to pick the right equipment, especially if you don't have a buddy close by to help.   I think the way that I approached it was a good way, but it turned out to be rather expensive in the long run...

I got an eGo-One starter kit.  and a couple good flavors from a brick and mortar shop nearby.   at the time the cost was around $100 for everything.    Problem was, that I had two flavors and only one tank,  so I got a couple more tanks and then a few more ejuices... and so on and so on...  before I knew it I had 9 tanks and 4 mods and a dozen bottles of ejuice.  about $400 not counting the cost of the juice.

And... now I'm looking into RDAs and higher power mods, just because I want one... but I'm kind of out of cash for a while.  lol

If you want to cut to the chase, you can go with something like the Hcigar VT200 and a crown tank.  $200 or so; maybe less if you shop around.    The kangertech K-Box mini starter kit is awesome for around $60 and it comes with a couple sub-ohm coils and a rebuild-able coil.   It'll run nearly anything from 1 to 50w.    The eVic VT is a sweet starter kit for around $80  it also comes with a great tank and some sub ohm coils (not a rebuild-able tho).  And it goes up to 60w.   The RailBox is a stealthy little box... really new to the industry and full of options.   

There is soooo much to choose from...  I say, just pick a direction and go for it.   the simple fact is - that with very few exceptions, every mod out there is a solid piece of kit and will work as advertised for a long time, and if you're like me, you'll own several before you know it.  lol

As far as where to buy...  Look at our verified vendors first (sponsors).  They are really good and very reliable.  We kind of owe it to them to check them out any time we can! 

Good luck,   let us know what you choose and how you like it.  
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2015 05:30 PM by PoleCat.)
27-09-2015 05:04 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like PoleCat's post:
BOB (09-27-2015), Don (09-27-2015), JEFF (09-27-2015)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 20,377
RE: New vaper needs help
Hi Osk17 - welcome to the forum. If you are just starting off don't jump in at the deep end, you do not need a lot of power to start vaping.
For $80 you could get a istick 20W mod and a Nautilus tank - this is still about the best set up for standard vaping and is tried and tested over some time now. If you wish to sub ohm later and build your own coils that is a different matter but to start this is what I would recommend - the power needed for the nautilus is only around 9 to 10W no need to spend a lot of money on a high powered mod as a starter level.
27-09-2015 05:54 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
BOB (09-27-2015), JEFF (09-27-2015)