Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New vape, massive clouds but no flavor
frostyy Offline

Likes Given: 3
New vape, massive clouds but no flavor
Hey everyone, new to the forum here and fairly new to vaping.

I was using the UWELL Caliburn pod system for about a year and loved it, but recently switched to the Smok Priv n19 30watt starter kit. I was really excited to switch over to a tank system and see what the difference was between that and a pod system, and I figured the Smok n19 starter was a nice small system to start with. I had seen and heard great reviews about the device regarding flavor, however when I began using mine I noticed there was little to no flavor at all.

It came with 2 replacement coils, one was a 0.6 Nord mesh coil, and the other was a 0.8 Nord mesh MTL coil. I used the 0.6 coil to start, and I'm pretty sure I primed it properly. I saturated the cotton vents with juice and dripped some into the top of the coils, let it sit and then popped it into the tank. After that I filled it with juice, let it sit for about 10 minutes, took a couple nonpowered pulls and then started taking pulls on the lowest wattage setting. When there was no flavor to begin with I progressively upped the wattages all the way up to its highest setting with massive clouds but only subtle flavor. I even took everything apart, gave it a good cleaning and started the process all over again to no avail.

I wouldn't think the problem would be fatigue since it's a new juice that I've never used. Maybe it's the juice itself? (Silence of the Clouds Blue Razzberry w/ 3mg nic, 80/20 ratio). I've read that dud coils are sometimes the problem, which is disappointing if that's the case since it was a brand new coil right out of the box although I'd rather it be a problem with the coil than with the system itself. I may switch out the .6 for the .8 coil to see if that helps.

If anyone has any tips, tricks, insight or advice id really appreciate it. Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2019 09:05 AM by frostyy.)
28-11-2019 08:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Online
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,177
RE: New vape, massive clouds but no flavor
Hi and welcome Frostyy!

What wattage are you set to? Probably an 0.6 ohm coil will work best at 18-20W, if you are set at 30 it is probable that the flavour is being burnt out.

I'd start at whatever is the minimum wattage setting for the coil and see how you get on there.

HTH.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
28-11-2019 09:06 AM
frostyy Offline

Don,

Thanks for the reply. Not sure what the specific wattage settings are at, there are 4 levels (minimal, soft, normal and hard) starting at 5 watts up to 30 watts. It never specified anywhere exactly what wattage each level is set at, so I'm assuming the 18-20W range is somewhere between the middle two levels. In any case, I've been vaping consistently at the soft and normal settings with no change in flavor.

After doing some reading I think it may have something to do with the VG/PG ratio of my juice? It's a pretty high VG of 80, so maybe bringing it down to a lower ratio somewhere in the middle might help but honestly I have no idea since I'm still pretty new to all this. Any advice? Thanks!
28-11-2019 09:29 AM
Don Online
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,177
That makes sense, VG doesn't carry flavour nearly as well as PG. It does make for huge clouds though.

It would be well worth trying something with 50% or more PG. There will be far less by way of clouds but the flavour should be better.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
28-11-2019 09:42 AM
frostyy Offline

That makes sense considering I'm getting great clouds but little flavor. I'll try out something with more PG. Thanks for the help!
28-11-2019 10:11 AM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 20,209
Hi frosty - you are in good hands so this is just to welcome you to the forum.
28-11-2019 10:16 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
frostyy (11-29-2019)