Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to vaping, please tell me everything I should know
towernine Offline

Likes Given: 0
New to vaping, please tell me everything I should know
So I bought this Tuesday (http://imgur.com/k4NJTxE) I understand you guys will probably tell me it's cheap or something, I'm only vaping to quit smoking. I was smoking about 10 cigarettes a day, and I'm hoping that this will help me get down to at least two a day.

Basically, I would like you guys to give me all the information you can about vaping. Cleaning, replacing parts, upkeep, etc.

Also I know that the middle part (where I put the liquid in, I've heard many names for it so I don't know what to call it) needs to be replaced occasionally. But I bought this Tuesday, and it's already tasting burnt and gross. Do they need to be replaced that quickly or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any and all help guys
02-05-2015 11:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Cman Offline

Likes Given: 166
RE: New to vaping, please tell me everything I should know
 I don't think anyone has the time to cover everything you want and to be honest there's no need .  There is so much info already out there on exactly what you are interested in learning.

I am talking disgusting amounts of info , way way more than necessary for anybody.  Looks like you have a basic Ego type battery and a basic clearo .   And yes an incredibly cheap setup as you hinted but workable, many people starting out still use the same.

B&M's that sell Ego type batteries usually sell clearos like the Kanger T2 , Innokin 16B  , Kanger Pro Tank etc... ,  the Innokin 16B is one that i think would suit you very well ,  super easy to fill with LONG lasting easy replaceable heads .

No need to replace the whole Clearomizer (the thing you put juice in).  Cost about $6.00 and a five pack of heads around $8.00, each head will last you a good two weeks though.   These rarely if ever taste burnt , thats why i think they would work well for you, they also use low wattage which your battery has .

Here's a pic with the replaceable heads:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 02:26 AM by Cman.)
03-05-2015 02:22 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Cman's post:
CL0UD_Z3R0 (05-03-2015), Michael (05-03-2015), Spasmod (05-03-2015)
towernine Offline

Likes Given: 0
(03-05-2015 02:22 AM)Cman Wrote:   I don't think anyone has the time to cover everything you want and to be honest there's no need .  There is so much info already out there on exactly what you are interested in learning.

I am talking disgusting amounts of info , way way more than necessary for anybody.  Looks like you have a basic Ego type battery and a basic clearo .   And yes an incredibly cheap setup as you hinted but workable, many people starting out still use the same.

B&M's that sell Ego type batteries usually sell clearos like the Kanger T2 , Innokin 16B  , Kanger Pro Tank etc... ,  the Innokin 16B is one that i think would suit you very well ,  super easy to fill with LONG lasting easy replaceable heads .

No need to replace the whole Clearomizer (the thing you put juice in).  Cost about $6.00 and a five pack of heads around $8.00, each head will last you a good two weeks though.   These rarely if ever taste burnt , thats why i think they would work well for you, they also use low wattage which your battery has .

Here's a pic with the replaceable heads:
Awesome! I'll definitely look into those! Thank you!
03-05-2015 05:13 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes towernine's post:
Cman (05-03-2015)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Welcome to the forum! Writing out ALL the information I know about vaping could fill a book, and some of the other guys on here know a lot more than me, so we'll keep it short. The tank where the juice goes is called an atomizer (or "atty" for short). Atomizer is a general term, the specific type of atomizer with a clear glass or plastic tank is called a clearomizer (or "clearo"). Like cman said, you've got a pretty basic clearomizer there, though I can't tell from the pic exactly what kind it is. If it's a disposable, you'll have to replace the whole thing, but that looks like probably a T3S in which case you'll just need to replace the coil. The coil is another term for the "head" cman mentioned, which houses a coil and wick to heat up the liquid to make vapor. Better tanks will have better coils which will in turn give you better vapor. My tank suggestion would be a Kanger ProTank 3 mini, it's pretty inexpensive and will fit great on your eGo battery. But I haven't tried the Innoken 16B so I can't say how those compare. 

Congratulations on making a decision to cut back on smoking! I've been vaping for about 2 1/2 years now and quit smoking about 2 years ago, and I can tell you your lungs will thank you for it Smile 
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 09:51 AM by Michael.)
03-05-2015 09:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
Cman (05-03-2015), Spasmod (05-03-2015)
Cman Offline

(03-05-2015 09:50 AM)Michael Wrote:  Welcome to the forum! Writing out ALL the information I know about vaping could fill a book, and some of the other guys on here know a lot more than me, so we'll keep it short. The tank where the juice goes is called an atomizer (or "atty" for short). Atomizer is a general term, the specific type of atomizer with a clear glass or plastic tank is called a clearomizer (or "clearo"). Like cman said, you've got a pretty basic clearomizer there, though I can't tell from the pic exactly what kind it is. If it's a disposable, you'll have to replace the whole thing, but that looks like probably a T3S in which case you'll just need to replace the coil. The coil is another term for the "head" cman mentioned, which houses a coil and wick to heat up the liquid to make vapor. Better tanks will have better coils which will in turn give you better vapor. My tank suggestion would be a Kanger ProTank 3 mini, it's pretty inexpensive and will fit great on your eGo battery. But I haven't tried the Innoken 16B so I can't say how those compare. 

Congratulations on making a decision to cut back on smoking! I've been vaping for about 2 1/2 years now and quit smoking about 2 years ago, and I can tell you your lungs will thank you for it Smile 

Great info Michael , a Pro Tank mini of some sort would be just as good as my suggestion, actually there is a ton of suitable toppers for that battery and he shouldn't have to spend much at all.

I love the Kanger Pro Tanks because the heads are so easy to rebuild but i don't think the OP wants to get into that , i believe the Pro Tank III and mini use dual coil heads which you can switch out easily and replace.

The only reason i suggested the Innokin 16B is i think it's a very basic beginner clearo, provides very good flavor , loves low watts  and the heads last a long time .

Imo the Kanger replaceable heads don't last as long but are much easier and can perform much better if you rebuild them .   One  thing i'm hesitant about is the dual coil heads on the Pro Tank III models , will his battery push dual coils or will he deplete his battery power too quickly using the duals .

Found an authentic Pro Tank mini III for a good price , 101 vape will also have it at your door faster than you can get off the phone .

http://101vape.com/clearomizers-glassomi...ank-3.html
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 10:09 AM by Cman.)
03-05-2015 10:04 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Cman's post:
Michael (05-03-2015), Spasmod (05-03-2015)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

The battery life shouldn't be an issue, because the total resistance still works out to the same as most other clearomizers, so it'll be using the same amount of power as anything else. For example, if I have a single coil tank and a dual coil tank, both using 2.0 ohm coils at 9W, the wattage/voltage/amps will be the same whether it's single or dual coil, but the dual coils distribute the heat more efficiently and will give a better vape. Hope that makes sense, I need sleep cuz it's 6am here so my explaining muscles aren't working lol
03-05-2015 10:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Cman (05-03-2015)
Cman Offline

(03-05-2015 10:17 AM)Michael Wrote:  The battery life shouldn't be an issue, because the total resistance still works out to the same as most other clearomizers, so it'll be using the same amount of power as anything else. For example, if I have a single coil tank and a dual coil tank, both using 2.0 ohm coils at 9W, the wattage/voltage/amps will be the same whether it's single or dual coil, but the dual coils distribute the heat more efficiently and will give a better vape. Hope that makes sense, I need sleep cuz it's 6am here so my explaining muscles aren't working lol

Got you , you are a night owl too huh , have problems sleeping lol.  I seem to only be able to sleep during the day for some reason , it's whenever i get tired enough and i don't get very tired at night.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 10:23 AM by Cman.)
03-05-2015 10:22 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cman's post:
Michael (05-03-2015)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Same here man, I just never could sleep well at night. Hopefully that'll start to change now that I've got a normal 9-5 work schedule, I used to start work anywhere from 12pm-2pm and work until 10pm, and drive hours to location... Not exactly conducive to a proper sleep cycle when you're not getting home til 3am and leaving at 7am the next morning for God knows where. 
03-05-2015 03:52 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Cman (05-03-2015)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
Welcome to TVF towernine! some great advice from some great guys there Good3

It won't take you long to get to grips with it, it's all actually a lot simpler than it looks once you get the basics
03-05-2015 09:20 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
Michael (05-04-2015)
Haze Kraze Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 8
Hello and welcome to the world of vaping. There's a lot n lot n lot about it to tell n don't know from where to start. But it doesn't mean that there is some rocket science or something. Its just sweet n simple thing. And that's the best part you're doing it to quit smoking. That's the best benefit of vaping one can have. For information related to vaping you can see http://hazekraze.blogspot.com/ or similar blogs. Plus you don't need to get worried bout its being cheap or disposable. Take a breadth n do whatever they all said considering it right Wink you'll get to know more timely. And Cman said u can use it till good 2 weeks. depending on your usage too...
04-05-2015 09:55 AM