Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to vaping
vaped0g Offline

Likes Given: 23
RE: New to vaping
Hi Naomi.  I'm not new to vaping, but new to this forum.  It sounds like you have your juice issue sorted out, so congratulations on that.  As far as flavors go, there seem to be two schools of thought.  Some, like myself, choose to avoid tobacco flavors at the outset.  I wanted to disassociate vaping and smoking.  I didn't want my vape to look and feel like a cigarette or to taste like one.  Others want to match the taste of their old cigarette for a smoother transition.  It depends on your personality.  I was afraid that if I was simulating smoking too closely then I would remain a short step away from cigarettes.  I am a creature of habit and I know that about myself.  I wanted to completely form a new habit.  That's what worked for me.  I and many others have found that if we commit to two weeks or so of vaping without smoking, cigarettes taste terrible.  Even if we then decide to return, it's like someone played a cruel joke and changed the flavor of those things that I couldn't live without before.  
  I am a coffee drinker and quickly found that although I liked a lot of fruity flavors, they clashed with my coffee.  I gravitated to custards and bakery flavors.  Sorry, it appears that I've been rambling.  Best of luck!
11-02-2016 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Naomi Offline

Likes Given: 11
(11-02-2016 07:22 PM)vaped0g Wrote:  Hi Naomi.  I'm not new to vaping, but new to this forum.  It sounds like you have your juice issue sorted out, so congratulations on that.  As far as flavors go, there seem to be two schools of thought.  Some, like myself, choose to avoid tobacco flavors at the outset.  I wanted to disassociate vaping and smoking.  I didn't want my vape to look and feel like a cigarette or to taste like one.  Others want to match the taste of their old cigarette for a smoother transition.  It depends on your personality.  I was afraid that if I was simulating smoking too closely then I would remain a short step away from cigarettes.  I am a creature of habit and I know that about myself.  I wanted to completely form a new habit.  That's what worked for me.  I and many others have found that if we commit to two weeks or so of vaping without smoking, cigarettes taste terrible.  Even if we then decide to return, it's like someone played a cruel joke and changed the flavor of those things that I couldn't live without before.  
  I am a coffee drinker and quickly found that although I liked a lot of fruity flavors, they clashed with my coffee.  I gravitated to custards and bakery flavors.  Sorry, it appears that I've been rambling.  Best of luck!
Hi vapedOg. I am using an 18mg tobacco flavoured juice at the moment and i also have found it extremely hard not to have a couple of cigarettes in the morning. I have been with my dentist and found out i have a gum infection and now on antibiotics till i get my teeth properly cleaned. The dentist has said it should be okay for me to vape but she has said that my gums will bleed and now i don't know if i should stop vaping altogether. I just know i would probably end up smoking 15 or more a day again, which i don't want to do. Really not sure what to do. Confused
12-02-2016 07:25 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Vaping won't make your gums bleed, having an infection will. Or flossing if you haven't flossed in a while (this happens to me every time I floss because it's usually a few weeks in between attempts). 

It can be hard to give up smoking, and vaping doesn't completely replace it because when you smoke, you're getting thousands of chemicals (collectively known as tar) which aren't in vapor. Many of those chemicals are addictive, so vaping can't help with that. But if you keep at it, you'll start to want cigarettes less as your body gets used to not having those other chemicals. Yes, some folks pick up an ecig and never touch tobacco again, but for many of us (like myself) it can be very difficult to give it up. I still smoked for quite a while after I started vaping, and I've given in and had a cigarette a few times over the months, but every cigarette I don't smoke is helping, and vaping is a great way to get a nicotine fix without smoking all those thousands of addictive, dangerous chemicals. 

So my suggestion is don't give up. It's hard to quit any bad habit, and smoking is a strong addiction. But you can do it. It's hard, but not impossible, and even though you're having some trouble right now, it'll clear up and you'll be happier and healthier by cutting back on smoking. Even if you still have a cigarette or two in the morning and then vape the rest of the day, you're still drastically reducing your harm from the other 12 you would have smoked. 
12-02-2016 07:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,887
Glad to hear you got to the dentist. One thing that will help the gums and with vaping is to keep up your fluid intake. PG in liquid does tend to dehydrate you.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
12-02-2016 08:44 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Don's post:
Michael (02-12-2016), Naomi (02-13-2016)
Naomi Offline

(12-02-2016 07:42 PM)Michael Wrote:  Vaping won't make your gums bleed, having an infection will. Or flossing if you haven't flossed in a while (this happens to me every time I floss because it's usually a few weeks in between attempts). 

It can be hard to give up smoking, and vaping doesn't completely replace it because when you smoke, you're getting thousands of chemicals (collectively known as tar) which aren't in vapor. Many of those chemicals are addictive, so vaping can't help with that. But if you keep at it, you'll start to want cigarettes less as your body gets used to not having those other chemicals. Yes, some folks pick up an ecig and never touch tobacco again, but for many of us (like myself) it can be very difficult to give it up. I still smoked for quite a while after I started vaping, and I've given in and had a cigarette a few times over the months, but every cigarette I don't smoke is helping, and vaping is a great way to get a nicotine fix without smoking all those thousands of addictive, dangerous chemicals. 

So my suggestion is don't give up. It's hard to quit any bad habit, and smoking is a strong addiction. But you can do it. It's hard, but not impossible, and even though you're having some trouble right now, it'll clear up and you'll be happier and healthier by cutting back on smoking. Even if you still have a cigarette or two in the morning and then vape the rest of the day, you're still drastically reducing your harm from the other 12 you would have smoked. 
Thanks Michael i just thought maybe the smoking and vaping would make my gums bleed more. I am worried when i have to back to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned that the bleeding will be bad. The dentist is going to refer me to a hygienist because this is now the second time i have had an infection and my gums are shrinking due to the smoking and I probably haven't been brushing as well as i have should have in the past. I am going to try my best to take care of my teeth and gums and keep hydrated as much as possible. Thanks for the positive advice. Smile
13-02-2016 04:17 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Naomi's post:
Michael (02-13-2016)
vaped0g Offline

Likes Given: 23
From what I hear, nicotine will will hinder the healing process.  Perhaps a low nicotine or 0 nicotine temporarily will at least satisfy the hand to mouth habit.  If you end up smoking anyway, you may as well vape  and eliminate the thousands of other health hazards.
17-02-2016 08:37 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes vaped0g's post:
Naomi (02-23-2016)
Frankkensteinji Offline

Likes Given: 0
Hello guys... I'm new to vaping and recently purchased an eleaf ijus2 and it's really strong for me. But I guess it helped me to quit smoking. Is it really normal to have some drip issues or I'm just doing it wrong? Maybe I filled it up to much... Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks and have a great day 
18-02-2016 08:31 AM
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,887
Hi and welcome Frankkensteinji!

I don't know that specific device but my guess would be overfilling it.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
18-02-2016 08:56 AM
vapesnape Offline

Likes Given: 1
personally i don't like the tobacco flavor juices, I much prefer menthol, but that's the beauty of vaping.. so much choice.
19-02-2016 02:51 PM
Naomi Offline

Found out now I may have an allergy to pg. Experiencing blurred vision and dry eyes. So not good I thought I was doing well :-(  so guess it's back to the real things. No happy medium :-( 
21-02-2016 12:38 AM