Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to Vaping and requesting some help.
TheMalk Offline

Likes Given: 0
New to Vaping and requesting some help.
Hello!  I was hoping maybe some of you veteran vapers could help me with a problem I'm having.  I'd ask my local shop but it's the only one in town and constantly packed, no time for tutorials.

I have an eVic -VTC Mini, using the standard ego One tank.  I'm using a new Ni coil, I believe it's .2 ohm.

The problem I'm having is that my coils seem to burn out way faster than they should.  I've been priming them after every tank fill up by dropping some juice inside the coil on the exposed cotton, then placing a drop of juice on each of the four intake holes.  The first few hits are amazing, full of flavor and huge clouds, then after a while I start getting that burnt taste and it burns my throat.

My settings are  Temp - [variable based on juice]
                         Power - 60w  [I use temp control so the w varies, I use 60 as a max]
                          ohm - Locked in at .2

My mod goes up to 600F and the hits are amazing at that level.  Then I have to drop it to 550, then 500, and I'm currently hitting at 480 which gives almost no flavor.  Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or tips on how to improve my experience?
29-01-2016 07:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheMalk's post:
Michael (01-29-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: New to Vaping and requesting some help.
Welcome to the forum! Sorry I don't know much about temp control myself, but there are some guys on here who can answer your question, I'm sure they'll be along shortly. In the meantime, just wanted to say welcome! 
29-01-2016 07:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TheMalk Offline

(29-01-2016 07:19 PM)Michael Wrote:  Welcome to the forum! Sorry I don't know much about temp control myself, but there are some guys on here who can answer your question, I'm sure they'll be along shortly. In the meantime, just wanted to say welcome! 

Thank you!  I certainly hope the solution isn't too difficult.  I tried looking up videos on my device but they were mostly about rebuildables. I'm not ready to build my own coils, just using the Joytechs straight out of the box.
29-01-2016 07:21 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

I understand completely. I've been rebuilding for over a year, but lately I've been using a lot more pre-made coils because it's just simple to screw it in, and I'm on the go a lot so tanks are better than dripping and driving. I'm sure somebody will be able to help you out soon. 
29-01-2016 07:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TheMalk Offline

(29-01-2016 07:26 PM)Michael Wrote:  I understand completely. I've been rebuilding for over a year, but lately I've been using a lot more pre-made coils because it's just simple to screw it in, and I'm on the go a lot so tanks are better than dripping and driving. I'm sure somebody will be able to help you out soon. 
I'm currently reading the Vapor Encyclopedia and just got to the dripping section.  If I'm understanding correctly, you just drip your juice straight into the mouthpiece (apparently called the dripper)?   My shop guy only showed me how to fill the tank.
29-01-2016 07:29 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Dripping is a whole different animal. An RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer) is a kind of atomizer where you build your own coils and put wick in them, then drip the juice directly onto the wick. Then the coils heat up the juice and vaporize it just like in a tank, but you don't have a whole tank full of juice, so after a few puffs you have to put more juice on the wick. It sounds like a lot of hassle, but it's actually rather relaxing. Since you build your own coils, you can make it however you want, like me personally I like to blow big clouds so I build low resistance coils that can blow bigger clouds than any tank could. You can also build your own coils for tanks, but I don't usually, I just either use pre-made coils in my tanks, or I use my RDAs. 
29-01-2016 07:40 PM
TheMalk Offline

Ah ok. So just dripping some juice down into my coil when I already have a tank attached wouldn't have the same effect I'm guessing?
29-01-2016 07:48 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,338
Hey there.

Hoe thick is your juice?

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
29-01-2016 08:13 PM
TheMalk Offline

(29-01-2016 08:13 PM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  Hey there.

Hoe thick is your juice?

I don't have it on hand at the moment (I'm at work), but if I remember correctly it's 80/20.

EDIT:  Yep, here it is http://www.elementeliquids.com/products/pink-lemonade-dripper-e-liquid-20ml
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2016 08:21 PM by TheMalk.)
29-01-2016 08:20 PM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,753
(29-01-2016 07:48 PM)TheMalk Wrote:  Ah ok. So just dripping some juice down into my coil when I already have a tank attached wouldn't have the same effect I'm guessing?

Dripping juice down the chimney on a tank will cause the juice to leak out the bottom and down the mod, most likely. As Michael said, dripping and tanks are two entirely different animals.

And welcome!
29-01-2016 08:34 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
Michael (01-29-2016)