Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to Vaping Need info on Safety
darkceltic Offline

Likes Given: 0
New to Vaping Need info on Safety
First things first. I started off wanting to cloud chase like the big boys, but found that RDA's would be too much work. SO I purchased an aspire Atlantis and a cf sub ohms battery. Absolutely love it. Been using it for 10ish days now. But I also started wanting to make my own e-liquids. So, I bought a gallon and got all my stuff together. But I hit a problem. Changing flavors is a bad idea since flavor sticks in your coils. SO I thought up i'd get something I could change flavors rapidly.

So I came back to the RDA idea. But I want something cheap. I don't mind tinkering in order to test flavors.

TL: DR - I have an aspire cf sub ohm battery. And i'd like to use a ICO W6 with a four coil build on it. Is this safe?

I want to chuck them clouds, I saw ripp trippers video on it, i've seen RDAs on the CF battery, im wondering if its worth the shot.
25-12-2014 01:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes darkceltic's post:
Galaxyrider (02-03-2015)
darkceltic Offline

RE: New to Vaping Need info on Safety
still need answer 
25-12-2014 02:01 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,031
Welcome to TVF and Merry Christmas!

The CF Battery is absolutely fine for Sub-Ohm vaping. As far as I know there's a built-in cut off limit of 0.2 ohms (don't quote me on that) which it won't allow you to fire the atty below.

Scroll to 23:20 in this video to see the full review and specifications 

Hopefully that'll get you on the right track
25-12-2014 02:59 PM
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
I personally wouldn't recommend a 4-coil build for your first go. I've been building coils on all kinds of RDAs and rebuildable tanks for months and I still can't stand making quad-coil builds, they're just tons of hassle and not worth it from my experience. 

My suggestion for a beginning cloud chaser would be just a standard dual coil build, and once you've gotten the hang of that get some thinner wire and build dual parallel coils. They're way easier than a quad coil to build, and they perform just as well if not better. 

If you decide you want to do dual coils instead, I'd suggest getting a Doge, Dark Horse, or Zenith clone, they're all great atties that are easy to build on and perform very well. 

No matter what you decide to do, just remember to be safe. Better to have a slightly higher resistance and be safe than to go super sub ohm and vent the battery. 
25-12-2014 08:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
Littleboy is another great little dripper for cloud chasing. But the hobo is most ideal for both flavour testing and clouds.

Just build a simple dual coil with seven wraps of .45mm kanthal around a 2mm screwdriver. Centre the coils by feeding the positive leg through the far hole of the centre block on each side and it works extremely well. The build will come out at .3ohm which is fine on either a mech or your cf battery.
27-12-2014 10:59 AM
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
Some quick pictures of the hobo.

[Image: 20141227_110007_zpsyld0wfn0.jpg]

It has a slightly different airflow set up with the upper holes blowing air down across the back of the coils.

[Image: 20141227_110030_zpszicoljhj.jpg]

[Image: 20141227_110048_zps7kltc9eu.jpg]

And the deck wall uncrews for building but gives a real nice capacity without much leaking.

[Image: 20141227_110142_zpsxivv9uzz.jpg]

There's all the parts stripped down as if I was going to wash and rebuild it. I will definitely be getting another when I grab a dual parallel box.

[Image: 20141227_110136_zpsnuwyhvs9.jpg]
27-12-2014 11:11 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like gords1001's post:
BOB (12-27-2014), Galaxyrider (02-01-2015), Michael (12-27-2014)
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
(25-12-2014 01:12 PM)darkceltic Wrote:  First things first. I started off wanting to cloud chase like the big boys, but found that RDA's would be too much work. SO I purchased an aspire Atlantis and a cf sub ohms battery. Absolutely love it. Been using it for 10ish days now. But I also started wanting to make my own e-liquids. So, I bought a gallon and got all my stuff together. But I hit a problem. Changing flavors is a bad idea since flavor sticks in your coils. SO I thought up i'd get something I could change flavors rapidly.

So I came back to the RDA idea. But I want something cheap. I don't mind tinkering in order to test flavors.

TL: DR - I have an aspire cf sub ohm battery. And i'd like to use a ICO W6 with a four coil build on it. Is this safe?

I want to chuck them clouds, I saw ripp trippers video on it, i've seen RDAs on the CF battery, im wondering if its worth the shot.
I'm 301 days into vaping. I'm an old man too, I know you're not an idiot.. so please.. don't take this in the wrong light. When it comes to vaping, and safety, you did do the right thing first.. you ASKED the question. If you want to know about battery safety, my money says ask Don. I believe that's where the bigger part of the threat comes in. As for the rest... My dad gave me the best advice that I can pass on to you. If you feel ANY doubt.. Dont go there. We dont know each other, but just as a member of this forum, I'd like to think of you as a friend. Dead friends are all the same.. never around, and not much on conversation. If you have a question. I'm always here, just IM me, if you feel something needs to be asked in confidence... what goes between us, stays between us. God Bless, and Vape On!

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
03-02-2015 11:53 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Galaxyrider's post:
Michael (02-04-2015), Robjenko (02-04-2015)
Nihilum Offline

I constantly change flavors in my Atlantis with no issues of lingering tastes.  As long as your not using menthol or cinnamon flavors, juices will only leave taste in a coil for a few hits once the coil is soaked in the new flavor.

I often switch from Alpha's Sweet Tooth (Sugar Cookie) or 7 Signs Trumpets (cinnamon roll, caramel,) to completely different juices like Vintage's Dreamer (papaya, strawberry and pineapple) or Hod Fast's Pirate's Booty (strawberry, banana, and cotton candy) and you only taste the prior juices until the coil is soaked with the new flavor.
04-02-2015 05:18 AM
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
I vape to stay off cigarettes, clouds are of no use to me, semi warm vape with inhale exhale that acts as a calming effect is all I need to stay off them, I use simple tanks with replaceable coils, so no fuss. I'm not in it for the game of clouds, I am in it to stay away from the smokes. Good luck in your adventures, may they be SAFE ones Smile
04-02-2015 12:26 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Whiskey's post:
Michael (02-04-2015)
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 1,952
(03-02-2015 11:53 PM)Galaxyrider Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 01:12 PM)darkceltic Wrote:  First things first. I started off wanting to cloud chase like the big boys, but found that RDA's would be too much work. SO I purchased an aspire Atlantis and a cf sub ohms battery. Absolutely love it. Been using it for 10ish days now. But I also started wanting to make my own e-liquids. So, I bought a gallon and got all my stuff together. But I hit a problem. Changing flavors is a bad idea since flavor sticks in your coils. SO I thought up i'd get something I could change flavors rapidly.

I'm 301 days into vaping. I'm an old man too, I know you're not an idiot.. so please.. don't take this in the wrong light. When it comes to vaping, and safety, you did do the right thing first.. you ASKED the question. If you want to know about battery safety, my money says ask Don. I believe that's where the bigger part of the threat comes in. As for the rest... My dad gave me the best advice that I can pass on to you. If you feel ANY doubt.. Dont go there. We dont know each other, but just as a member of this forum, I'd like to think of you as a friend. Dead friends are all the same.. never around, and not much on conversation. If you have a question. I'm always here, just IM me, if you feel something needs to be asked in confidence... what goes between us, stays between us. God Bless, and Vape On!
Your not old you've just gained many many years of experience Biggrin

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
04-02-2015 12:46 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robjenko's post:
Michael (02-04-2015)