Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to Vape
Jackiiielynnn Offline

Likes Given: 0
Shocked New to Vape
Im somewhat new to vaping and I have become obsessed.  I currently have a Fantasia e hookah but would like to upgrade to the next best thing but im unsure what the next step is or where to get it.  Any suggestions? 
26-12-2013 04:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jackiiielynnn's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,544
RE: New to Vape
Hi and welcome! You'll fit in just fine here.

I'm no expert but I very much like my Vamo mod https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1000...ge-mod-apv and the Pulse G clone https://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/1...izer-2-5ml on top of it. To make your own life easier, get some Kanthal ribbon for coiling, it is so much easier than fine wire to make coils with.

Not so sure about US suppliers as I live on the other side of the Atlantic. The usual HK suspects seem to be a bit better organised for getting stuff shipped out in a reasonable time than they have been in recent years. But look out for Chinese New Year when the whole country is closed for 1-2 weeks and things get a bit chaotic around then.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
26-12-2013 10:53 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
I'll second the vamo suggestion, I'd also suggest looking at a good kayfun clone, I have a tobeco version and it a real nice atomiser.

If you new to making coils and wicks, get something cheap like an igo-w dripper to practice on, their easy to work with, can easily take dual coils so you can get used to that and can be modded to give plumes of vapour if that tickles your fancy.

If you are new to coiling, I would definitely recommend starting on a variable voltage or variable voltage device rather than a mechanical mod.

Your going to be using very high output cells that dont like being abused, and making your own coils is one way of seriously abusing them if you make mistakes.

An electronic device has various protection designs built in. They wont fire on a dead short, wont fire on too low resistance, wont fire if your cells are depleted. Once you've got things sussed out, then move onto mechs, do though look in the battery forum at the battery safety advice,  it really cannot be stressed enough how important it is to understand what you are doing.
26-12-2013 02:33 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gords1001's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
Hi Jackiiilynnn and welcome to TVF,

Some good advice has been offered so far. I'm not sure if you're wanting to get into the bigger mods with interchangeable cells yet since the Fantasia is so similar to an Ego device.

If you're looking to move away from the e-hookah because it's disposable and want to begin exploring new flavour and refillable cartridges - you could do far worse than an Ego Spinner coupled with an Evod cartomiser.

Those together would be a similar size to what you're used to right now. There's also what looks like a brilliant starter kit which is stocked by our trust friend Madecov who's a member on here. http://www.thevapingforum.com/Thread-Ver...tarter-kit

Definitely worth a look

Good luck and don't be afraid to add further info or ask further questions.
26-12-2013 04:08 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
Jackiiielynnn Offline

(26-12-2013 04:08 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  Hi Jackiiilynnn and welcome to TVF,

Some good advice has been offered so far. I'm not sure if you're wanting to get into the bigger mods with interchangeable cells yet since the Fantasia is so similar to an Ego device.

If you're looking to move away from the e-hookah because it's disposable and want to begin exploring new flavour and refillable cartridges - you could do far worse than an Ego Spinner coupled with an Evod cartomiser.

Those together would be a similar size to what you're used to right now. There's also what looks like a brilliant starter kit which is stocked by our trust friend Madecov who's a member on here. http://www.thevapingforum.com/Thread-Ver...tarter-kit

Definitely worth a look

Good luck and don't be afraid to add further info or ask further questions.
Thank you so much for your help.  The Fantasia I have is not a disposable it is refillable I'm just nervous to move to a bigger mod because I honestly don'tknow what to llook for or where to start as far as building and I don't want to break it and waste Money lol

(26-12-2013 02:33 PM)gords1001 Wrote:  I'll second the vamo suggestion, I'd also suggest looking at a good kayfun clone, I have a tobeco version and it a real nice atomiser.

If you new to making coils and wicks, get something cheap like an igo-w dripper to practice on, their easy to work with, can easily take dual coils so you can get used to that and can be modded to give plumes of vapour if that tickles your fancy.

If you are new to coiling, I would definitely recommend starting on a variable voltage or variable voltage device rather than a mechanical mod.

Your going to be using very high output cells that dont like being abused, and making your own coils is one way of seriously abusing them if you make mistakes.

An electronic device has various protection designs built in. They wont fire on a dead short, wont fire on too low resistance, wont fire if your cells are depleted. Once you've got things sussed out, then move onto mechs, do though look in the battery forum at the battery safety advice,  it really cannot be stressed enough how important it is to understand what you are doing.

Thank you for your help! I have never tried making coils or anything else.  The Fantasia I have is just a refillable e hookah so it's extremely basic.  Is making coils and wicks every difficult to do?
(This post was last modified: 26-12-2013 06:41 PM by Spasmod.)
26-12-2013 06:33 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jackiiielynnn's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
No its honestly dead easy, but you do need some way of checking the resistance. The vamo's have this built in. It not dead accurate but good enough for safety.

If you get into it, you want a half decent multimeter and to gain an understanding of testing.

In terms of building, look up todds reviews,  igetcga69 and rip trippers on youtube, grimm grern is also worth a watch, you'll soon pick up the idea of what you want to use and what tools you'll require.
26-12-2013 08:47 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gords1001's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Welcome to TVF, Jackiiielynn!  Great to have you with us.  You have gotten some great advice from the guys already and I will definitely go along with their suggestion of a Vamo VV/VW mod.   I'd get yourself a decent clearomizer to start with so you have something to vape while you learn to coil on your igo-L or Nimbus dripper atomizers.  It really is very easy to do and you need minimal tools and supplies.  The best part of this hobby is playing with all the coil and wicking choices in various atomizers.  Start simple and you will quickly want more. Smile
27-12-2013 03:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JohnnyMac's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
GMphyco Offline

Likes Given: 2
hey there! IMO i would try an itaste MVP 2.0 you can get them farely cheap on ebay and there great box mods. Throw a aspire nautulis or iclear 30s on it and your good to go!
07-06-2014 06:09 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes GMphyco's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
KevinWinton Offline

(26-12-2013 04:56 AM)Jackiiielynnn Wrote:  
Im somewhat new to vaping and I have become obsessed.  I currently have a Fantasia e hookah but would like to upgrade to the next best thing but im unsure what the next step is or where to get it.  Any suggestions? 

Well buddy I am in similar situation..New to vaping and looking to upgrade now..Can you tell how to do that?
09-06-2014 10:41 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes KevinWinton's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
Welcome Jackie, Nice to meet youSmile
09-06-2014 11:35 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Whiskey's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)