Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New mod help
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 23,212
RE: New mod help
Eek. Frankly I wasn't ready for a dripper for quite a while. It's a really big difference from a tank. For one, you can't by replacement coils for them like you can a tank.
28-10-2015 09:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,203
Quote: [Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif]

Likes Given: 0
[Image: posted_1.png] Unread post Post: #10
I'm also looking into a dripper tank that's y I wanted the 80w 

A dripper is an RDA  - not a tank. Then there are RTAs which are tanks with build decks. Neither require 80 watts. I comfortably drip on an RDA at around 50-70 watts and RTAs - depending on the build  - between 25 - 60 watts.

Quote:I'm also looking forward to some new atty's that can do TC regardless of the metallurgy of the coil, rather than depending on the specific properties of nickel and titanium to achieve TC. I'd pay up for that, to keep my kanthal coils. Anyone know of any out yet?

Asolo Ijoy

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
28-10-2015 10:05 PM
Kingbagpuss Offline

Likes Given: 0
Thank you for your post with that info in mind would you recommend a good mod with Tc at a reasonable price that I could use a rda or a herakles subtank on please 
28-10-2015 10:11 PM
JEFF Offline

Likes Given: 732
I believe he was recommending the Asolo IJOY Not sure if he meant a specific model or not. Here is their product page.
28-10-2015 10:33 PM
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

(28-10-2015 10:05 PM)paulS Wrote:  
Quote:I'm also looking forward to some new atty's that can do TC regardless of the metallurgy of the coil, rather than depending on the specific properties of nickel and titanium to achieve TC. I'd pay up for that, to keep my kanthal coils. Anyone know of any out yet?

Asolo Ijoy

Meh, I meant is there an atty that can be used with any TC mod, that can do TC regardless of the coil type? I'd love to be able to do a kanthal build on an RDA and still use TC, with my current mods.
28-10-2015 10:51 PM
JEFF Offline

Likes Given: 732
(28-10-2015 10:51 PM) TinWhisker Wrote:  Meh, I meant is there an atty that can be used with any TC mod, that can do TC regardless of the coil type? I'd love to be able to do a kanthal build on an RDA and still use TC, with my current mods.

No
28-10-2015 10:56 PM
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

They'll come as TC evolves. I'm looking forward to that.
28-10-2015 11:44 PM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
TC is still in it's infancy, whereas "traditional" wattage and voltage based vaping is down to refining what we already know.  Personally I wouldn't get a TC mod right now - they're finicky as hell and everyone I know who has gone that route quickly went back to using kanthol.  IMO - and theis is just my opinion - T isn't worth it yet.

I firmly believe that in the near future we'll see "real" temp control with actual sensors and refinements aside from a 510 conntection that "guesses" based on resistance values.  That's when it'll matter.  As things stand, TC is finicky and unreliable.  

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
29-10-2015 02:39 AM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,203
I'm not 100% in agreement here. I think TC is the future and I enjoy vaping TC on my mods. I have three that are TC currently and I have used all of them and NEVER get a dry hit. I adjust the temp to the heat I prefer without any issues and the flavor on them all is quite good ... crown uwell, silo beast and kanger mini.

Now having said that I too use kanthal the most but that is because I love my RDTAs - my pure RDTAs with no coils available that require a build. I do like building simpole kanthal coils for the simplicity of it even if claptons are better ( I do claptons when I have the time and patience). 

Vaping is in its infancy. The technology is advancing faster than the science and health behind it. There was a time when few people lung hit. It was all mouth to lung and not knowing any better we were pretty happy. Today vaping has morphed into more of a hobbyist mode. Let's be honest. Who needs to vape on a mod that is 200 watts. You can mouth to lung or just lung hit with a lot less power. The issue for me is comfort now. I do not enjoy a dry hit - the bane of the sub ohm tank until TC came along.

Now don't get me wrong. If you don't like TC that is certainly a valid view point. Maybe you distrust nickel and titanium and truthfully there is not enough facts out yet on the safety of some materials. But there is no longer traditional wattages. Everything is changing rapidly.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
29-10-2015 02:56 AM
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

(29-10-2015 02:56 AM)paulS Wrote:  Maybe you distrust nickel and titanium and truthfully there is not enough facts out yet on the safety of some materials. But there is no longer traditional wattages. Everything is changing rapidly.

That is actually it for me. I distrust those metals, especially nickel, because of the potential serious issues that come from off gassing, overheating. Now don't get me wrong; I know people use it safely. It's just not for me at this point. However, as TC evolves and attys catch up with mods (i.e. they have their own electronics built in so the reliable properties of nickel or titanium are no longer mandatory for proper TC), I am looking forward to it. But, using it with my current mod may be a pipe dream, since the 510 doesn't have enough connectors available for communication with an atty. Unless they can figure out some way to do TC right on the atty rather than at the mod level. I don't know.
29-10-2015 12:31 PM