Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New here need some help, long post sorry
juggernaut5150 Offline

Likes Given: 0
New here need some help, long post sorry
Hey guys I am new to this forum. It is really cool how much info is available. I have some questions, I have been vaping for about 4 months. I do it on an off but want to do it more because I need and want to quit smoking. My wife started before I did because she was carving cigs again and asked for a vape. So we need some help.

I need a new mod. I like to vape around 30 to about 50 max. I like big clouds but still am new to all the info about vaping so I don't want a mod that's really complicated. I had a kanger tech mini I believe but the wife has it right now cause hers broke. I want to stay away from that brand as far as mods go because my wife's broke recently after like 2 months. I don't mind if it's 1 to 3 batteries, no internal please as I like to be able to change the batteries out. I do like the pen type mods but can find really any that are variable W and mech mods scare me cause I don't understand to much about vaping yet. Please help me find a good mod that is long lasting, comfortable as I am a big guy, good priced, and can go to at least 50w. I am currently looking at the Eciv mini by joyetech but it seems small.

Okay the second part is my wife needs a new mod because her kanger tech nebox broke after two months. Tried to get it fixed but the shop I got it from is telling us that it has to ship to China and that can be expensive. She doesn't want this brand again. She is interested in trying dripping also, I don't know if that's a factor. She vapes higher than I do around 30 to 70. Can you help and recommend me a mod for her please.

Thank you guys and sorry this post is so long.
31-05-2016 10:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like juggernaut5150's post:
Eggza (07-04-2016), Fatboy (05-31-2016)
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
RE: New here need some help, long post sorry
Welcome juggar, you will get a lot good information here.  I'm a newbie myself and not up on the mods, but you'll get more than a few suggestions.  I recently shared my story in painful detail.  I'd given up quitting, even with vaping.  However, this forum has given me the encouragement and information to enhance my limited vaping capabilities to the point I haven't smoked in two weeks.  So I want to wish you and your wife the best and hope you stay with it.
31-05-2016 11:17 PM
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,303
(31-05-2016 10:47 PM)juggernaut5150 Wrote:  Hey guys I am new to this forum. It is really cool how much info is available. I have some questions, I have been vaping for about 4 months. I do it on an off but want to do it more because I need and want to quit smoking. My wife started before I did because she was carving cigs again and asked for a vape. So we need some help.
Okay the second part is my wife needs a new mod because her kanger tech nebox broke after two months. Tried to get it fixed but the shop I got it from is telling us that it has to ship to China and that can be expensive. She doesn't want this brand again. She is interested in trying dripping also, I don't know if that's a factor. She vapes higher than I do around 30 to 70. Can you help and recommend me a mod for her please.

Thank you guys and sorry this post is so long.

Welcome to the forum....this does raise a few questions.....one would think that a manufacturer would guarantee their product to last or be of quality and work accordingly for more than 2 months...and if a shop carries and sells a product that doesn't offer it, I would be concerned about that shop....

As for trying to cut back on smoking or eventually quitting, good for both of you....it's a great goal!
31-05-2016 11:33 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fatboy's post:
Eggza (07-04-2016)
juggernaut5150 Offline

Yeah I was pretty upset that they wouldn't back the product. My wife loved that vape a lot but now doesn't like kanger tech and I don't either. I just want to find a mod for her and one for me. Ones that we can trust and ones that last a good amount of time. I really want to quit smoking and she wants to stay smoke free. She has been for a year, so I got her the vape to prevent her from falling back to smoking because she was carving cigs.
01-06-2016 12:44 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes juggernaut5150's post:
Fatboy (06-01-2016)
phlash Offline

Likes Given: 264
  About five months ago I bought my wife and son each a Joytech cuboid 150 and Smok TFV4 mini and they love them, and won't use anything else. they are two battery mods but smaller than most other two cell mods, well built and sturdy, and will do anything you need a mod to do. The TFV4 is a good sub-ohm tank, with either replaceable or rebuildable coils. And if you want to do the dripping thing, keep in mind that you will need to learn to build coils, or at least replace them. And being that you are a big guy, the evic may be too small for you, but it is a great mod.
01-06-2016 01:06 AM
paulS Offline
I'm incorrigible
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,058
If you want reliable mods then think about buying Sigelei. They are all built like bricks. I've owned three ... Sigelei 150, Sigelei 150 TC, Sigelei Fuchai. Now a new Sigelei Fuchai 213 is coming out. I will likely buy that too. Price on the Fuchais should be pretty reasonable. The nerw Sigelei 213 (not Fucvhai 213) also looks nice but costs more. I never overspend on regulated mods - only on mechanical. Don't let mech mods scare you, btw. As long as they have a 510 connection you vape sub ohm tanks on them. My all time favorite mod is the Hexohm - its only variable volts and does not do TC - but I love it. Expensive but the warranty - just sent my blue one back to them to get the button overhauled after a year and they are doing it.

Thinking on this I might be the wrong to answer your question, lol. I believe it is worth spending money on a proper set up. My suggestions are never cheap. Of course with the regualtions popping up everywhere I want a slew of good equipment - might be harder and harder to get soon. I love vaping too much to take a chance. So I have three DNA200s, four mods above 200 that do TC, another five that are 75-100 watts. My wife has two Picos, two CoVs, a AIO and Istick mini. Then I have all my series mechs and one - just one - parallel mech ( I include VV as mechs). Then I have my tube mods.

In the next month I expect to pick up at least two RDAs and three more mods ... so, yeh, go for it. Sigelei is a good jumping off point if you don't want to go straight into a HCigar DNA133 (on sale all over the net) or another DNA200. It is a small learning curve. Lots of tutorials on how to use DNA200s out there and we are here to help.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016 01:21 AM by paulS.)
01-06-2016 01:14 AM
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
In another post, the Balrog starter kit was give as a good option.  I'm surviving on my original ego starter kit and a nautilis mini tank.  Reliable recommendations have me wanting an IPV5 with the tank of your choice.  I've only been at this a little over six weeks and would have fallen back on smogs if not for this forum.  Best of luck to you and your wife
01-06-2016 01:20 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like bibliora's post:
Eggza (07-04-2016), Fatboy (06-01-2016)
juggernaut5150 Offline

Thank you guys for the help. It's hard to make up my mind. I am looking at the cuboid but it doesn't feel good I'm hand. I like the tube mods but they are very expensive for such little wattage. I am looking at the ipvs but don't know which one to get or if they are good. I hear joyetech is good as well as wismec but their 3 battery mod is to big to me. Any other recommendations? I dont need starter vapes per say.
01-06-2016 02:48 AM
keshazel Offline

Likes Given: 1
It might be worth your time to watch some of the youtube reviews on mods. I have watched dozens and learned a lot about how they work. First of all, aside from the final opinion, the reviewer takes you top to bottom on how it works. You get to see the size of the mod in comparison to other mods and how the controls work. They usually mention if there are any known problems with the model or if it is an upgrade from a previous model with improvements. Combining those videos with this forum I am sure you can find what you are looking for.

I have an IPV D3. I have had it for about a month. I bought it because it is the smallest in size of the one-battery 18650 mods. It runs up to 80w . There is a slight rattle with the battery door and I find myself playing with it. Also, I do not like the way the menu works - this is a personal preference. You can only adjust the joules while vaping, not temperature. If I want to change the temp.,  I have to go back through the menu.

Good luck. Kelly
01-06-2016 08:55 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes keshazel's post:
Eggza (07-04-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Wismec's RX200 is much smaller than it looks in pictures, it's really weird because it looks oddly shaped but everyone I know who uses one (including myself) says it's the most comfortable mod they've ever held. And at $50 for up to 200W and tc, it's really an awesome buy. 
If you don't like the RX200, the UD Balrog is a great little mod. Only takes a single 18650, will power up to 70W or there's tc mode, and it's just a nice small vape that's easy to carry out and about. The tank that comes with the Balrog starter kit is nice too, but if you only need a mod you can buy them separately. 

And Paul is right, Sigelei mods are unbreakable. I've had a Sigelei-100W for about a year and a half of constant use and abuse and it's still going strong, dropped it a million times and it's fine. And of course they work really well too. 
01-06-2016 12:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
phlash (06-01-2016)