Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New and looking to get info
Robvapor23 Offline

Likes Given: 1
New and looking to get info
So i'm new to this vaping thing due to the loss of a loved one from smoking and seeing them suffer. I have a few questions and that's about it. I apologize in adavance lol. Okay so I was just wondering I have a aspire cleito 120 with a sub ohm device that I run at 94 watts. Each cleito tank holds 4 ml of juice. So if I go through 4 tanks a day, and each ml has 3 mg of nic that means i'm getting 12 mg of nic per tank and 12 times 4 is 48 mg of nic a day?! Also, does vaping cause heart attack, stoke, copd and all of that like cigarettes do? Oral cancer? Any of that. If anyone could answer these questions for me it would make the switch alot easier!
12-01-2017 05:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 1,635
RE: New and looking to get info
Hi Robvapor23 Welcome to TVF. Vaping will not cause any of the deceases that smoking does simply because it doesn't contain the 4000 plus chemicals that burnt tobacco smoke contains.

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
12-01-2017 05:53 PM
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,011
Welcome to TVF Rob.

As RobJ said, vaping doesn't expose you to the 43 known cancer-causing carcinogenic and 400 other toxins not to mention formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic and thousands of other chemicals.
12-01-2017 09:21 PM
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,353
Welcome to the forum! Never any need to apologize for asking questions Smile

Figuring out how much nicotine you're getting is difficult, to say the least. The nicotine content is in mg/ml, so a 3mg juice has 3mg of nicotine per ml of juice, so you're right, the tank has 12mg of nicotine in 4ml of juice. Thing is, you're not actually getting all of that. Most of the nicotine isn't absorbed in your lungs, and dissipates in the vapor when you exhale. There isn't a lot of research on this yet, and it's actually really hard for scientists to study since they can't just replicate it with a fake lung because it wouldn't absorb the nicotine in the same way as human lungs, so it's really just a "best guess" scenario. But it is definitely much lower than the total nic in all the juice you go through. Probably around half. 

As for bad health effects of vaping... There are currently none that we know of. It's impossible to say that vaping is 100% safe, just like it's impossible to say anything is 100% safe, but the Royal College of Physicians in the UK declared last year that ecigs are at least 95% safer than traditional tobacco products, and no scientific studies have ever shown incontrovertible evidence of any negative health effect from vaping. A few studies have made claims about vaping being "detrimental to the youth" (the old "think of the children!" unscientific appeal to morality) and a few have claimed negative effects, but these have been systematically and thoroughly debunked. 

Point is, while I can't say with 100% certainly that anything in this crazy world is completely safe, vaping is far FAR less harmful than smoking, and I intend to keep vaping indefinitely because everything I've seen so far supports the idea that there are little to no bad effects from vaping. 
12-01-2017 11:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
Fatboy (01-13-2017), gentlydoingit* (01-13-2017)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 6,435
Royal college of physicians  and Public health england both support vaping as a smoking cessation tool, with evidence that vaping could be over 95% healthier than smoking.

*I know mike already said it, but I'd gotten the links ready and I was dam well gonna use 'em Biggrin

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
13-01-2017 02:24 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gentlydoingit*'s post:
Fatboy (01-13-2017)