Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New and Confused
Varrot Offline

Likes Given: 3
New and Confused
Hello everyone!

I am new to the vaping world. I started by using Blu cigs and then I bought a V2 Series 3. I found it works OK with some of the eliquids I first bought, but I did not like any of them. I then tried the Johnson Creek eliquids and really like them, but they do not work well at all in the V2 Series 3. Once in awhile I get a good vape, but many times I just get nothing or a burnt taste.

I keep looking around at the vaporizers, but I feel I get more confused as I am looking. I have no idea what t buy at this point. I don't have a huge budget right now, but I could spend up to $100 for a new vaporizer. I am trying to find one that works well with their juices, which many are PG free. I see Johnson Creek has the Tea, which looks like it has a nice price, but I see many people don't like the Canteen Pro cartridge. Will other brands of cartridges work? Then there are the coils. I don't even know what they are. Are they used so that you don't have to buy another cartridge? You just replace the coil? I have no idea what to look for right now and it is rather frustrating.

I have looked around the forums, but don't even know what to really look for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
23-11-2015 06:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,127
RE: New and Confused
Welcome to our community Varrot!

The main problem with the V2 series 3 looks to be the non standard proprietary magnetic coupling for the tanks. This means you're kind of stuck with their own tanks which probably are not giving you the satisfactory vape you're looking for.

If you want to keep the same form-factor. A good unit I would suggest is something like the Innokin iTaste VV... couple that with a Nautilus Mini and you'll have an excellent setup with a great vape.

If you're not adverse to a slightly larger form-factor, it's potentially worth considering something like an iStick 30 and a Subtank Nano or Mini (the Mini has a rebuildable deck option)

Both of the setups I mentioned above have a proven track record of giving great satisfaction to vapers. I highly suspect though that there are better alternatives out there which some guys here will be able to suggest. I'm a little behind the times on the latest hardware.

I hope you find something that works out and please do enjoy your stay.

CheersĀ Drinks
23-11-2015 06:27 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Spasmod's post:
ecignut (11-23-2015), Varrot (11-23-2015), Varrot (11-23-2015)
Varrot Offline

Tongue RE: New and Confused
(23-11-2015 06:27 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  Welcome to our community Varrot!

The main problem with the V2 series 3 looks to be the non standard proprietary magnetic coupling for the tanks. This means you're kind of stuck with their own tanks which probably are not giving you the satisfactory vape you're looking for.

If you want to keep the same form-factor. A good unit I would suggest is something like the Innokin iTaste VV... couple that with a Nautilus Mini and you'll have an excellent setup with a great vape.

If you're not adverse to a slightly larger form-factor, it's potentially worth considering something like an iStick 30 and a Subtank Nano or Mini (the Mini has a rebuildable deck option)

Both of the setups I mentioned above have a proven track record of giving great satisfaction to vapers. I highly suspect though that there are better alternatives out there which some guys here will be able to suggest. I'm a little behind the times on the latest hardware.

I hope you find something that works out and please do enjoy your stay.

CheersĀ Drinks
Thank you for your reply!

I don't mind a larger form factor at all. I figure I will only use my nice vaporizer when home and can still juse use the Blu when driving or out and about for now. That way I won't break anything by being my clumsy self!
Sarcastic_hand
23-11-2015 06:44 PM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,925
I'm with Spasmod on this - the Nautilus or Nautilus mini are highly rated and well proven and they need very little power to run them. As far as batteries (mods) are concerned the Istick 20W would be ideal and inexpensive, you could go for the Istick 30W for not much more money and that would give you wider options later on. It is really difficult when starting off with vaping with so many products out there, my advice is not to be tempted into more exotic set ups - that is fine once you have a start and know more about it - read up on things as much as you can and use the great folk on this forum for help and advice - that is what I did when I was in your position - it saved me lots of money and lots of time - and remember we are all still learning - new things are coming on the market every day. Hang in there and enjoy the comradeship and fun on this forum - you will get a laugh at times as a wee bonus[Image: smile.gif].
23-11-2015 07:14 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
Varrot (11-23-2015)
Varrot Offline

How does this all look? Will this work with the Johnson Creek PG free line then?

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: ebay.png]" />
23-11-2015 08:34 PM
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,345
If you like to use a single flavor for a long time, like all day, then the Nautilus is a great choice. (not the mini) It's got a large tank and it is a very dependable mouth to lung style atomizer. The only complaint I have with it is, bottom fill. It's not as big a deal with the regular size one because the tank of juice generally lasts a good while, but bottom fill tanks are a pain in the rear compared to top fill.

Might I add a caveat to the picture above... please look at the location and ratings of the sellers of vape gear on eBay before you consider a purchase. There are good vendors, but there are a lot of not-too-good ones also. A vendor with a good number of ratings and a very high positive seller feedback rating is a must in my book.
23-11-2015 10:44 PM
Varrot Offline

(23-11-2015 10:44 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  If you like to use a single flavor for a long time, like all day, then the Nautilus is a great choice. (not the mini) It's got a large tank and it is a very dependable mouth to lung style atomizer. The only complaint I have with it is, bottom fill. It's not as big a deal with the regular size one because the tank of juice generally lasts a good while, but bottom fill tanks are a pain in the rear compared to top fill.

Might I add a caveat to the picture above... please look at the location and ratings of the sellers of vape gear on eBay before you consider a purchase. There are good vendors, but there are a lot of not-too-good ones also. A vendor with a good number of ratings and a very high positive seller feedback rating is a must in my book.
Thank you for your input and I totally agree. The bottom two have a decent amount of sales and high ratings. The top one does make me a little more nervous. They are all in the states. The only reason I went with the top one instead of a different is because it says it is authentic and in the original packaging still. I wanted to make sure all of the parts were authentic as I know that can be real important. Especially with this type of stuff.
23-11-2015 11:23 PM