Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Vapor
tunecloud Offline

Likes Given: 0
New Vapor
Heya;

New to vaping.  Never vaped before.  It is my intent to lower my smoking amount by augmenting it with vape.  It is possible I may quit smoking entirely, but don't want to set myself up for failure. I just received my first mod, a Smok G -prive kit with the Big Baby tank. I smoke cigarets because of nicotine, but i frequently smoke when bored or stressed. I bought the Smoke G-prive because it is 220w and I figured buying a mod which generates a large cloud would become its own entertaining experience, making me less likely to break out the tobacco when bored or stressed. Nice to see you all and I appreciate your advices which you may offer according to need.

Blessings,
Tunecloud †
11-12-2016 12:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,546
RE: New Vapor
Welcome to TVF Tune.

That's decent gear and a decent plan - each time you pick up the mod to vape, is one less time you're having a smoke.

CONGRATS on taking the first steps to become smoke-free. There will be questions, we are all here to answer them - sometimes directly, sometimes with friendly banter, occasionally with dry humour but always with good intentions and by a great group of committed vaping enthusiasts.
11-12-2016 12:43 PM
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,816
Welcome aboard.

Do you smoke by drawing it into your mouth then inhaling to the lungs, or do you inhale directly to the lungs? If it's the former, your new setup will force you to vape differently than you smoke, which will be a learning curve. Often it's best to start vaping in the style you smoke. In other words, if you smoke mouth to lung, the setup you bought may not be the best choice for your vaping beginnings.
11-12-2016 04:08 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
ecignut (12-11-2016)
Whitesoxfan2579 Offline

Likes Given: 197
Welcome Tunecloud
11-12-2016 05:21 PM
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 1,997
Hi tunecloud Wecome to TVF Congrats on using vaping to quit smoking

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
11-12-2016 05:45 PM
bibliora Offline
Person of Interest
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 3,001
Welcome to TVF Tune. This board is all about sharing info and opinions, and getting off topic. It's nastiness free thanks to great mods, which is rare on the internet. Congrats on your plan. I know how feel, setting yourself failure. We can all count the numerous times and methods to give up the cigs. I still smoked when I started vaping, but after a month I was all time vaping.

TW brings up a point about vaping styles. With your set up you will be drawing the vapor directly into your lungs, however I bet you take to it quickly, it will just different. Sub Ohm vaping is a great nicotine delivery systems. The nic hits you hard, so only get juices with 6mg at most. The vapor will be very harsh with higher levels of nic.

Here are some article to get you started.FAQ Section?
... The very basics
... Vaping Glossary
... What the Hell is Vaping?

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
11-12-2016 06:13 PM