Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Vaper, Help Please.
MadPuffins Offline

Likes Given: 1
New Vaper, Help Please.
Hey guys I just started vaping a few days after smoking for over 15 years, and the question I have is this:

When I pick up the vape to get that nic fix the first two hits cause me to cough a lot, after that I can vape pretty good.  However, when I go back to the vape the same thing happens.  This doesn't happen when I smoke a cigarette.  Is this just a new to vaping thing like lungs getting used to vapor instead of smoke, and will get better over time, or is this the norm? I'm using a Smok Species V2 a friend bought me set on 70.0W and .19 Ohms and am doing direct to lung inhale as mouth to lung inhaling causes a coughing fit just about every time.  I hope I gave you guys enough information to help me and that you can help me cause this coughing crap is for the birds.
13-03-2019 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,187
RE: New Vaper, Help Please.
You cough a lot when you start and sometimes have a sore throat. It is normal. You are actually detoxifying all the tar, resin and carbon. It goes away after a few months. Also that is quite high for the new vaper. I started at 15 watts not 70 watts.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
13-03-2019 10:51 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
MadPuffins (03-13-2019)
MadPuffins Offline

Likes Given: 1
(13-03-2019 10:51 PM)paulS Wrote:  You cough a lot when you start and sometimes have a sore throat. It is normal. You are actually detoxifying all the tar, resin and carbon. It goes away after a few months. Also that is quite high for the new vaper. I started at 15 watts not 70 watts.
Thank you! I'm so glad that is not going to happen all the time, also thanks for the setting advice ill change it now and see how that goes.Good
13-03-2019 10:53 PM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,187
With the mod and coil you are using you probably need about 50 watts. It is not ideal for the new vaper but stick with it. Also drinking a lot of water will help considerably.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2019 10:57 PM by paulS.)
13-03-2019 10:56 PM