• 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Vaper
ecignut Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,833
RE: New Vaper
(17-12-2015 10:38 AM)Buckshot Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 10:14 AM)ecignut Wrote:  Hi Buckshot - you will enjoy the Nautilus - my favourite tank - some of the tobacco flavours like Virginia and Desert vape better at lower power - it depends on your taste but I find 9W great for these. Try mixing a little toffee flavour with it - it's great[Image: smile.gif]

Hi ecignut,
I like the Virginia type of baccy, what do you reckon is the best coil for the Nautilus 5 mil tank, the 1.6 BVC or the 1.8 BVC?
Cheers mate.
I prefer the 1.8 but both are fine - the 1.8 at around 9W or even a bit lower and the 1.6 at around 10W.
17-12-2015 10:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Buckshot Offline

Likes Given: 0
(17-12-2015 10:56 AM)ecignut Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 10:14 AM)ecignut Wrote:  Hi Buckshot - you will enjoy the Nautilus - my favourite tank - some of the tobacco flavours like Virginia and Desert vape better at lower power - it depends on your taste but I find 9W great for these. Try mixing a little toffee flavour with it - it's great[Image: smile.gif]

Hi ecignut,
I like the Virginia type of baccy, what do you reckon is the best coil for the Nautilus 5 mil tank, the 1.6 BVC or the 1.8 BVC?
Cheers mate.
I prefer the 1.8 but both are fine - the 1.8 at around 9W or even a bit lower and the 1.6 at around 10W.
What are the differences between the 2, does one give a thicker/better vape over the other?
17-12-2015 11:20 AM
ecignut Online
Senior Staff

(17-12-2015 11:20 AM)Buckshot Wrote:  

Hi ecignut,
Cheers mate.
What are the differences between the 2, does one give a thicker/better vape over the other?
The 1.6 gives slightly more vapour but not any more flavour, in fact I have found the flavour even less with some juices. More vapour also means more juice used and the more power used to run the coil. The 1.8 coil is fine for me and I have always found that the less power used for mouth to lung vaping the more flavour you get. Everyone is different and you will enjoy messing about with power and flavours with the Nautilus. One thing I have found is that the Nautilus coils do not like a lot of power - they will not last as long if you try using more than 12W - even a couple of short tries will lessen the life which should be 12 to 14 days of normal use. Enjoy the tank it is tried and proven over a long period of time now - you made a good choice.
17-12-2015 12:04 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
Spasmod (12-17-2015)
Buckshot Offline

(17-12-2015 12:04 PM)ecignut Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 11:20 AM)Buckshot Wrote:  

Hi ecignut,
Cheers mate.
The 1.6 gives slightly more vapour but not any more flavour, in fact I have found the flavour even less with some juices. More vapour also means more juice used and the more power used to run the coil. The 1.8 coil is fine for me and I have always found that the less power used for mouth to lung vaping the more flavour you get. Everyone is different and you will enjoy messing about with power and flavours with the Nautilus. One thing I have found is that the Nautilus coils do not like a lot of power - they will not last as long if you try using more than 12W - even a couple of short tries will lessen the life which should be 12 to 14 days of normal use. Enjoy the tank it is tried and proven over a long period of time now - you made a good choice.
Thanks mate,
i reckon i'm gonna have some fun experimenting with my MVP, it arrived along with the tank this afternoon. (ordered off Amazon on the 15th around 4.00pm!)
How's that for service.
Time to fill the tank up now!
Cheers for now.
17-12-2015 03:22 PM
ecignut Online
Senior Staff

The problem with Innokin mods is that the Wattage change is in .5W increments and not .1W  I find this really annoying when my sweet spot is 8.7W[Image: huh.gif] I have a coolfire 1V which is a really nice mod but spoilt by this increment thing. This might seem a  minor complaint but for MTL vaping .1 of a wattage change can make all the difference but you do not have the choice with Innokin mods.
17-12-2015 04:08 PM
Buckshot Offline

(17-12-2015 04:08 PM)ecignut Wrote:  The problem with Innokin mods is that the Wattage change is in .5W increments and not .1W  I find this really annoying when my sweet spot is 8.7W[Image: huh.gif] I have a coolfire 1V which is a really nice mod but spoilt by this increment thing. This might seem a  minor complaint but for MTL vaping .1 of a wattage change can make all the difference but you do not have the choice with Innokin mods.
I filled the tank up and let it stand for about 10 minutes then had a couple of dry fires and away i went.
All seems good so far, have to play about with the wattage, on 8 watts right now with some 20 mg Virginia juice.
Had a nice surprise when i opened the tank box, there was 2 glasses included, only 1 advertised in the deal when i ordered.
This seems a real friendly site and i look forward to any more comments and advise from you guys.
Off for my tea now.
17-12-2015 04:19 PM
PoleCat Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 9
Hi Buckshot, I agree with ecignut... I love my Nautilus mini. it's a very good mouth to lung hit tank. I use the 1.6ohm primarily, and usually stay around 9W. I rinse my coils in hot water and let them air dry each time I refill the tank and i have found that my coils last a very long time.

If you like tobacco flavors, try one called Cowboy Blend. It's my favorite. I get it from a little shop in Shreveport Louisiana... They will ship anywhere. Let me know if you would like their web page.

Welcome my friend, and congrats on losing the cancer sticks.
18-12-2015 06:13 PM
Buckshot Offline

(18-12-2015 06:13 PM)PoleCat Wrote:  Hi Buckshot,    I agree with ecignut...  I love my Nautilus mini.  it's a very good mouth to lung hit tank.  I use the 1.6ohm primarily, and usually stay around 9W.  I rinse my coils in hot water and let them air dry each time I refill the tank and i have found that my coils last a very long time.

If you like tobacco flavors, try one called Cowboy Blend.  It's my favorite.  I get it from a little shop in Shreveport Louisiana... They will ship anywhere.   Let me know if you would like their web page.

Welcome my friend, and congrats on losing the cancer sticks.
Cheers PC,
I'm try some new flavours, just started a "cappuccino" that's well nicer than the "vanilla custard" IMO.
It make quite a bit more vapour too.
I got most of my juices from a company here in the UK by mail order (don't know if i'm allowed to advertise on here) but it's only a quid for 10 ml and seems ok to me.

Thanks for the warm welcome mate.
19-12-2015 10:01 PM