Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Kato clone Mod
Mike1365 Offline

Likes Given: 0
New Kato clone Mod
Hi everyone, 

I've just bought a new Kato clone mod and needed some help if anyone has had experience with it.

Bought a new tank ( GIGUE Aerolus Mini) for it and IMREN 18650 3500mah 30a button top batteries. The tank uses 0.4ohm coils. 

Having assembled the mod and attempted to fire it - I immediately burned my thumb on the firing button, I disassembled, adjusted the centre pin that raises or drops the tank on the mod, tried again and found the mod was firing (no burnt fingers this time), however within 3-4 bursts the tank got very hot... 

Being a novice user of mech mods (this is my first one) have I choose the wrong items to assemble this mod??. I'm thinking it's my choice of battery... Having read reviews I think I may have accidentally walking into the sub ohming world here, which might be dangerous..

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks all... 
13-02-2016 08:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,730
RE: New Kato clone Mod
If you're getting a hot switch, there's definitely something not right. But you got that sorted - keep an eye on it can clean the switch thoroughly when it happens.

0.4 ohms resistance is a current of 10A with a fully charged cell which is around 40W. This is just within what the cell can do. Those are absolutely not 30A cells but 10A ones - rewrapped Panasonic [font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]NCR18650GA [/font]or LG [font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]MJ1 [/font]cells. Unfortunately current claims from 18650s are usually grossly overstated. Anything claiming more than 30A on the wrapper is lying.

If you look at the volume of the tank and remember you are putting around 40W into it with the only heat loss being the vapour coming out of it it is normal for the tank to heat up a bit.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
13-02-2016 09:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply