Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Box
Buckshot Offline

Likes Given: 0
New Box
Hi all, i'm new to vaping, started a couple of weeks ago after 50 years of roll ups, not had a ciggie since. Initially i bought a Vision 2 Spinner with a kangertech 3 but it's in the car for a back up now since my Innokin MVP 3.0 Pro with a Nautilus bvc tank arrived in the post 2 days ago.
The thing is i'd like to know how much wattage is safe to go up to with a 1.6 coil.
I've got a selection of juices to try, mostly 20mg tobacco flavour and some sweeter ones, all around 12 mg.
Any advice and comments on my kit would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
18-12-2015 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Darkspeeds Offline

Likes Given: 6
RE: New Box
Hi buckshot! 
I use to run my nautalis around 10-12 watts but seeing how you have such a high nic level im sure it would be like sucking fire down your throat lol.
Maybe try a lower nic and you will be able to take longer more satisfying draws on it. You will still be getting the same nicotene cause you will be taking bigger hits.
Hope that helped!
18-12-2015 05:51 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Darkspeeds's post:
Spasmod (12-18-2015)
Buckshot Offline

(18-12-2015 05:51 PM)Darkspeeds Wrote:  Hi buckshot! 
I use to run my nautalis around 10-12 watts but seeing how you have such a high nic level im sure it would be like sucking fire down your throat lol.
Maybe try a lower nic and you will be able to take longer more satisfying draws on it. You will still be getting the same nicotene cause you will be taking bigger hits.
Hope that helped!
Thanks DS, any advice from you guys is helpful, i guess it's a case of trial and error.
I'm getting flavour but i'd like to replicate the "baccy hit" as much as possible.
Is it ok to mix and match the juices, ie 3 parts baccy/1 part fruity for example?
18-12-2015 05:57 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Buckshot's post:
Darkspeeds (12-18-2015), Spasmod (12-18-2015)
Darkspeeds Offline

Thats absolutely ok. I still mix juices from time to time. 
I was the same way. When i quit smoking i didnt care for the fruity stuff. I had to have tobacco flavor. But then i decided to try something new. My first fruity flavor was Space Jams Omega i believe (its a peaches and cream) and since then im constantly trying new flavors.
18-12-2015 06:03 PM
Spasmod (12-18-2015)
peter-k Offline

Likes Given: 47
(18-12-2015 05:40 PM)Buckshot Wrote:  Hi all, i'm new to vaping, started a couple of weeks ago after 50 years of roll ups, not had a ciggie since. Initially i bought a Vision 2 Spinner with a kangertech 3 but it's in the car for a back up now since my Innokin MVP 3.0 Pro with a Nautilus bvc tank arrived in the post 2 days ago.
The thing is i'd like to know how much wattage is safe to go up to with a 1.6 coil.
I've got a selection of juices to try, mostly 20mg tobacco flavour and some sweeter ones, all around 12 mg.

Many thanks in advance.

Set your wattage that you have 3.6 - 4 V. That's an advice which was given to me and a good starting point.
18-12-2015 06:38 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes peter-k's post:
Spasmod (12-18-2015)
Buckshot Offline

(18-12-2015 06:38 PM)peter-k Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 05:40 PM)Buckshot Wrote:  Hi all, i'm new to vaping, started a couple of weeks ago after 50 years of roll ups, not had a ciggie since. Initially i bought a Vision 2 Spinner with a kangertech 3 but it's in the car for a back up now since my Innokin MVP 3.0 Pro with a Nautilus bvc tank arrived in the post 2 days ago.

Many thanks in advance.

Set your wattage that you have 3.6 - 4 V. That's an advice which was given to me and a good starting point.
Thanks Peter, I just looked at the screen and it read 4.5 volts. I'll knock it down and give it a go.
Will the  throat hit go down in relation to the power?
18-12-2015 06:45 PM
Buckshot Offline

(18-12-2015 06:03 PM)Darkspeeds Wrote:  Thats absolutely ok. I still mix juices from time to time. 
I was the same way. When i quit smoking i didnt care for the fruity stuff. I had to have tobacco flavor. But then i decided to try something new. My first fruity flavor was Space Jams Omega i believe (its a peaches and cream) and since then im constantly trying new flavors.
Would i be correct in thinking that the PG/-V/G alters with the m/g strength?
Apologies if i'm asking dumb questions.
18-12-2015 06:53 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buckshot's post:
Spasmod (12-18-2015)
Darkspeeds Offline

No dumb questions.
And the answer is no. Pg/vg is the propylene glycol/ vegetable glycerine ratio. (The two main ingredients in your juice) 
Basically the higher the pg the better flavor but higher vg the more vapor produced. Most juices i ran in my nautilis were 50/50 mixture because the higher the vg, the thicker the juicee and the slower it soaks into the wick. Not saying high vg juices will not work fine in a tank, just saying with higher vg you might get a dry hit when chain vaping.
18-12-2015 07:01 PM
Spasmod (12-18-2015)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,452
Welcome to TVF Buckshot and Darkspeeds! It's nice to have you guys with us Drinks
18-12-2015 07:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
Darkspeeds (12-18-2015)
Buckshot Offline

(18-12-2015 07:57 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  Welcome to TVF Buckshot and Darkspeeds! It's nice to have you guys with us Drinks
Thanks for the welcome, there's so much to learn and try and take in with vaping. 
I suppose it'll take some time to get the right balance with all the different juices that are available. I seem to be vaping more often than i used to smoke (if that makes sense). 
Anyway, one thing i know for sure is that i haven't got any wish to go back to cigs again!
18-12-2015 10:07 PM