Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help on deciding which pre-made coils to get and how much ohms needed for Reload
chillaxman Offline

Likes Given: 17
Need help on deciding which pre-made coils to get and how much ohms needed for Reload
Hello all. It's my first time handling RTAs and getting into pre-made coils and such and really wanted one because I heard the vaping experience and flavor is beyond better than a sub-ohm tank considering i have been vaping on a sub-ohm tank for 2 months and i would like to try the experience of an RTA. I just ordered a Reload RTA by Reload Vapor and it's on it's way. The mod I'm using is a SMOK Alien 220w with an LG 18650 battery. Now, could anyone recommend me a great pre-made coil that could match with this RTA, and safe as well with the mod and battery I listed? I heard Claptons are good and awesome coils but theres other ones out there so im not sure which other ones to get if its better than Claptons. How much ohms do I need for each coils? Im looking to vape at around 35 watts minimum and 80 wats maximum, so 35-80 watt because I'm planning to do a dual coil build. Also, is there any tips I could get with RTA, safety in general, and what gauge, wires, mm needed, and what coils to look out for in the future, etc?
12-07-2017 10:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Xplycko Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 715
RE: Need help on deciding which pre-made coils to get and how much ohms needed for Reload
Hey there you picked the right forum Smile There are some real coil masters here who can offer great advice. I also have the Smok alien 220 and a few tanks and drippers as well. I like 316l stainless steel but thats just my preference. In your wattage range I would look for a dula coil setup being around .2-.5 ohms is what I have had luck with. I also like fused claptons and regular claptons for flavor. I haven't got to try an alien build or a staple build but I hear they are great. Someone else will be along and shoot you in a more direct direction. I have ordered some coils off ebay from a guy called wicked coils and they were some nice 316l fused claptons I still have them in my azeroth.

Rob
Vape On!
12-07-2017 10:48 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Xplycko's post:
chillaxman (07-12-2017)
chillaxman Offline

RE: Need help on deciding which pre-made coils to get and how much ohms needed for Reload
(12-07-2017 10:48 AM)Xplycko Wrote:  Hey there you picked the right forum Smile There are some real coil masters here who can offer great advice. I also have the Smok alien 220 and a few tanks and drippers as well. I like 316l stainless steel but thats just my preference. In your wattage range I would look for a dula coil setup being around .2-.5 ohms is what I have had luck with. I also like fused claptons and regular claptons for flavor. I haven't got to try an alien build or a staple build but I hear they are great. Someone else will be along and shoot you in a more direct direction. I have ordered some coils off ebay from a guy called wicked coils and they were some nice 316l fused claptons I still have them in my azeroth.
Thank you for the reply and helpful info! when you said .2-.5 ohms, that is the ohms for each coil and not the total ohms combined right? May i ask, those ohms that you mentioned, those can be used for any tanks like the Reload RTA i mentioned to vape at my wattage range? And also, as long as i find coils around those ohms that you mentioned, i could just buy a fused clapton, aliens, and staple with those ohms that you mentioned? I will check out the guy from ebay you mentioned Smile Thank you again!
12-07-2017 11:44 AM
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
Chilax, I buy fused SS claptons from FT. They are .5 ohms, so on my limitless plus dual coil builds, I get .25 ohm which is perfect for me. These are the last 316 SS Fused Claptons I got a few months ago. They are so cheap I usually buy several containers.

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
12-07-2017 01:17 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like bibliora's post:
chillaxman (07-12-2017), Raymcconn (07-12-2017), Xplycko (07-12-2017)
LilFracker Offline
Bwahhahaha
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 1,330
(12-07-2017 11:44 AM)chillaxman Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 10:48 AM)Xplycko Wrote:  Hey there you picked the right forum Smile There are some real coil masters here who can offer great advice. I also have the Smok alien 220 and a few tanks and drippers as well. I like 316l stainless steel but thats just my preference. In your wattage range I would look for a dula coil setup being around .2-.5 ohms is what I have had luck with. I also like fused claptons and regular claptons for flavor. I haven't got to try an alien build or a staple build but I hear they are great. Someone else will be along and shoot you in a more direct direction. I have ordered some coils off ebay from a guy called wicked coils and they were some nice 316l fused claptons I still have them in my azeroth.
Thank you for the reply and helpful info! when you said .2-.5 ohms, that is the ohms for each coil and not the total ohms combined right? May i ask, those ohms that you mentioned, those can be used for any tanks like the Reload RTA i mentioned to vape at my wattage range? And also, as long as i find coils around those ohms that you mentioned, i could just buy a fused clapton, aliens, and staple with those ohms that you mentioned? I will check out the guy from ebay you mentioned Smile Thank you again!

He is saying the combined resistance. You will be looking for individual coils from .4 ohms to .8 ohms then when run in a dual coil setup will give you .2ohms-.4ohms

To try and fail is one step closer to trying and succeeding
12-07-2017 01:41 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like LilFracker's post:
chillaxman (07-12-2017), Xplycko (07-12-2017)
chillaxman Offline

(12-07-2017 01:41 PM)LilFracker Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 11:44 AM)chillaxman Wrote:  

He is saying the combined resistance. You will be looking for individual coils from .4 ohms to .8 ohms then when run in a dual coil setup will give you .2ohms-.4ohms
Thank you for the reply and info! AH i see, i didn't know the ohms cuts in half once you put both as dual coil build. 
12-07-2017 07:38 PM
chillaxman Offline

(12-07-2017 01:17 PM)bibliora Wrote:  Chilax, I buy fused SS claptons from FT.  They are .5 ohms, so on my limitless plus dual coil builds, I get .25 ohm which is perfect for me.  These are the last 316 SS Fused Claptons I got a few months ago.  They are so cheap I usually buy several containers.
Thank you for the reply and info and suggestion for coils! Will this vape at 35-80 watts? If not, how much wattage do they vape at? Sorry just wanted to make sure Smile
12-07-2017 07:43 PM
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 21,072
Just keep that in mind when ordering pre-made coils. A super cool looking Caterpillar coil @ 0.15Ω (when divided by two) will be far too low for your mod to work on.....as it won't fire below 0.1Ω regardless... Sad
12-07-2017 07:54 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Fatboy's post:
chillaxman (07-12-2017), Toopizard (07-13-2017), Xplycko (07-12-2017)
Xplycko Offline
FreeCycle

An easy way to come up with your ohms is too divide the ohm of each coil by how many coils you will be using on the deck. Example- you are building a dual coil setup on your rda, each coil by itself is .4 ohms. So take .4 ohms and divide by 2 coils = .2ohms total.

Rob
Vape On!
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 08:32 PM by Xplycko.)
12-07-2017 08:32 PM
chillaxman (07-12-2017)
Xplycko Offline
FreeCycle

(12-07-2017 01:17 PM)bibliora Wrote:  Chilax, I buy fused SS claptons from FT.  They are .5 ohms, so on my limitless plus dual coil builds, I get .25 ohm which is perfect for me.  These are the last 316 SS Fused Claptons I got a few months ago.  They are so cheap I usually buy several containers.
Claude have mercy thats cheap! I am going to snag some just to try them.

Rob
Vape On!
12-07-2017 08:33 PM
chillaxman (07-12-2017)