Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help finding a mod
stev32k Offline

Likes Given: 27
RE: Need help finding a mod
I've had the Segelei 30W mod for a few days and overall it suites me just fine. I especially like the silicone skin that came with it. At first I thought the skin would be very hard to remove and replace, but after learning how it's very easy on and off. It also gives a very good grip on the mod and keeps the battery door from being accidentally opened.

There are two things that need improvement. The first is common to all mods with a back-lit readout of watts, volts, ohms, and battery capacity. Those things are important and useful to know and a digital readout is handy to have, but I don't need to see them every time I press the fire button. The effect of having the readout come on every time the fire button is pressed to reduce battery run time. I can't prove it but I suspect the readout uses several time more battery juice than the coil does. I have several pencil type batteries rated for 1650 mah that do not have a digital readout and they last as long, if not longer, than the 3200 mah 18650 batteries. I suspect the reason is the lack of a digital readout. I like the readout but it should be "on demand" and only come on when you want to see something.

The second item needing help on my unit is the indicator icon for remaining battery capacity. When a fully charged battery is installed the icon indicates 75% battery capacity. When the icon indicates the battery is used up the multi-meter reads between 3.89 and 3.94. I have a battery installed now that I am going to use until it stops firing. Maybe that will give me a better idea of what to look for when the battery needs changing.
12-06-2016 08:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,280
Hmm, never saw any anomalies with the charge reading. And hey, FYI, sprinkle a little baby powder or corn starch inside the silicone skin and it is a breeze to get on and off.
12-06-2016 08:11 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
Eggza (07-29-2016)
stev32k Offline

Likes Given: 27
I thought about using baby powder inside the skin and do that for putting on rubber gloves, but I found its really not needed. I hold the mod by the tank and use a fingernail and thump nail to push on the edge of the skin. As long as you don't hold on the skin itself it slips on and off very easy.
12-06-2016 08:25 PM